Matthew 12:40

seekeroftruth

seekeroftruth,
re: "What was common?"

To say that it was common to forecast or say that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could occur.
I'm sorry... I just don't understand what you are asking.... I don't think Jesus was forecasting anything... I think He was telling the Pharisees that they needed to change their lives as the Ninevites had done when Jonah was sent to them. Like I said... they didn't have clocks back then... generally so they weren't real specific about time.....

:coffee:

rstrats

seekeroftruth,
re: "I'm sorry... I just don't understand what you are asking.... "

OK, let me repeat:
1. The Messiah said that He would be three days and three nights in the "heart of the earth"

2. There are those who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with the resurrection taking place on the 1st day of the week.

3. Of those, there are some who think that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb.

4. A 6th day of the week crucifixion/1st day of the week resurrection allows for only 2 nights to be involved.

5. To account for the lack of a 3rd night, some of those mentioned above say that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language.

6. I am simply asking anyone who thinks it was common, to provide examples to support that belief; i.e., instances where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of the daytime and/or no part of the night time could have occurred.

rstrats

seekeroftruth,
re: "...they didn't have clocks back then..."

Why is a clock needed to count daytimes and night times?

rstrats

In thinking about it, I realize that it doesn't make any difference with regard to sunset versus sunrise; either way there would still be a lack of a third night with a 6th day of the week crucifixion.