Md Tax Refund

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How long is it taking for our forum peeps to get their Md tax refund back? Ours seems to be taking a lot longer than normal.

5 days for Both .......... :yahoo:

Friday Afternoon Payday Super Rich,

pk of Newport's, a 12 pk of Malt liquor, Pick 3, Pick 4 and 20 dollars worth of scratch off

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Who cares?! It's free money! :yahoo:

But, seriously. I guess it is. But hell, I actually work for a living. I am a full time employee and I have been since 2005, when I got divorced. (When I had kids, I was a SAHM for 15 years and prior to that I worked from age 18-30) I am not receiving any "public assistance" in the form of food stamps, or welfare. My kids don't even "qualify" for free lunches. However, I do take advantage of federal programs out there for "qualified" people.

I support TWO kids (ok, their dad also pays child support, but that has been in jeopardy lately and is a totally different tread) I rented an apartment until July 2008 when I put a contract on a "short sale" house. I took advantage of the "Rural Development" program to buy my house. I moved into that house in Feb 2009. It got my kids into a decent neighborhood, and I am close to schools, work, shopping. I planned that well. :shrug:

On my income return: I also get to file as the Head of household, which gives me the Earned income credit which has been around for quite a number of years. I had 2 kids under age 17, so I was entitled to take advantage of the Child Tax Credit. (however, as of 2013, I no longer have a child under 17)

Anyhoo, why not take advantage of these programsj? Someone will, and I qualify - so why not?

I get the child tax credit part, it's the getting back more than you pay in I don't understand, I get a whole lot less back than I pay in. Do people who don't work at all get refunds as well?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I get the child tax credit part, it's the getting back more than you pay in I don't understand, I get a whole lot less back than I pay in. Do people who don't work at all get refunds as well?

I would think you have to have a job in order to file a tax return.

The money I get "back" is in the form of credits. Once I have accounted for my deductions & exemptions, it reduces my gross income, and my taxes owed are based on that adjusted gross income. I normally get back the federal tax withheld from throughout the year, PLUS those credits.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I get the child tax credit part, it's the getting back more than you pay in I don't understand, I get a whole lot less back than I pay in.

my understanding, from many yrs ago is;

Earned Income Credit was a way to refund things like FICA, and SSI - items you never get a refund on, ie ... you get refunds on TAXES Paid, but NOT the other payroll deductions

S

starr

If you have one of those energy credits, you couldn't submit it until after the 28th of Feb for some reason. :shrug:

You could submit it but they weren't processing anything till "late February or early March". I submitted mine w/energy credit on 4-Feb and just got the email they had been accepted yesterday :yahoo:

thatguy

I would think you have to have a job in order to file a tax return.

The money I get "back" is in the form of credits. Once I have accounted for my deductions & exemptions, it reduces my gross income, and my taxes owed are based on that adjusted gross income. I normally get back the federal tax withheld from throughout the year, PLUS those credits.

:partofthe47%:

nobody really

I need a nap
I just did ours too.
Owed Federal $303.00.
Payed by credit card, only to get a 2.49% fee to pay.

i guess this may be another thread, but a former friend of mine paid her taxes by credit card every year, she always owed alot. She had good credit before, so she had high limits. Bought a boat with a cc, an rv. then filed bankruptcy, and had all the debts eliminated. so i'm guessing she really never paid taxes?

that's just one reason she is a former friend.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

I didn't work in 2011 and found out that to get the Earned Income Credit, you actually have to earn an income.
A pension and unemployment didn't count.
Last years part time job and having a kid qualified me for the head of household and the EIC so I also got back more than I paid.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I didn't work in 2011 and found out that to get the Earned Income Credit, you actually have to earn an income.
Last years part time job and having a kid qualified me for the head of household and the EIC so I also got back more than I paid.

:high5:
#team47%

thatguy

sweet sweet poverty