meeting females outside of bars

Christy

b*tch rocket
Re: Good to hear back

Originally posted by tidesweep
But I see a few of our chat buddies think I'm destined for miserable singlehood for the "rest of my miserable single life," or something like that.

Pay no mind to those two! They've always been pessimists! :wink: :lol:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I went to high school with my first husband and met Larry on the Internet. But I've also met a lot of great guys at bars - guys I not only dated but that became good friends. Not everyone at a bar is a drunk, ya know.

Agreed, I've dated a couple that I met in bars that were good guys. I've also met some that were complete donkeys - but I could spot that right away and never said 'yes' to a date with them.

I met Dean online, as well as a couple other boyfriends I've had in the past.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by justhangn
Actually, it's F with everyone day!!

Well then, it appears that my recent inability to post during the day could work to my benefit. No one can tease me during the day, and I can chime in at night when the waters are calm :biggrin:!

tidesweep

Laureng! What a nice face! But I sense a bit of mischief in it. I should be careful ...

By the way, I realize that my thread is titled "Meeting Women Outside of Bars," which I've done before, at the entrance to bars, for instance (which is not the same as meeting women incarcerated behind bars--which is a whole 'nother subject).

What I meant to say was meeting women at other places besides bars. And I don't have any problem with bars, that's for sure. I just would like to meet someone who's able to keep it together and enjoy other things. I have dated female "drinking buddies," and it's been difficult.

I just want to keep away from the psycho ones.
This seems like a nice place to start!

:howdy:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:roflmao: You haven't been on here long enough....:lmao:
BTW - stop flirting with lauren - she's engaged to be committed.:biggrin:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: meeting females outside of bars

Originally posted by migtig
:roflmao: You haven't been on here long enough....:lmao:

I was about to say the exact same thing,,,you beat me to it!!! Lol...we've been known to get pretty psychotic in here on occassion! :yikes:

tidesweep

meeting ...

Thank you, Jazz Lady, for your greeting. You guys made my day. I am really enjoying the discussions. I guess I chose the right subject, re: the bar scene and its pitfalls. I made a big change in my life regarding bars, and find that it's a good change. After all, nobody tonight on this chat is at a bar. I'm glad to be part of your world.

I must say this, though. I can still go to bars and have a good sane time, to have silly conversations and eat some good fare.

I am also, thankfully, not wearing the malodorous air of desperation ... at least I hope not. I believe great things happen when you least expect it.

I guess I should find a quote.

"Many sensible things banished from high life find an asylum among the mob."

tidesweep

newbie again

Laureng:

My apologies if it seemed like I was flirting ... didn't mean anything by it, just being friendly. I'm sure I'll get into the right spirit of things after getting to know folks better!

:crazy:

K

Katie

Hi Tidesweep!

Sorry delayed response. I am out in San Diego right now and this is the first time I have been able to login.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: newbie again

Laureng:

My apologies if it seemed like I was flirting ... didn't mean anything by it, just being friendly. I'm sure I'll get into the right spirit of things after getting to know folks better!

NO need to apologize!! :smile:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by laureng
Well then, it appears that my recent inability to post during the day could work to my benefit. No one can tease me during the day, and I can chime in at night when the waters are calm :biggrin:!

:neener: :neener: CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN....of course, now you can't defend yourself either butthead. :lol:

:smooch: Good morning Lauren!:smooch:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: newbie again

Laureng:

Everybody flirts with Lauren... it's ok...
I know I do... and so does BK... that's everybody isn't it? :biggrin:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Laureng! What a nice face! But I sense a bit of mischief in it. I should be careful ...

By the way, I realize that my thread is titled "Meeting Women Outside of Bars," which I've done before, at the entrance to bars, for instance (which is not the same as meeting women incarcerated behind bars--which is a whole 'nother subject).

What I meant to say was meeting women at other places besides bars. And I don't have any problem with bars, that's for sure. I just would like to meet someone who's able to keep it together and enjoy other things. I have dated female "drinking buddies," and it's been difficult.

:howdy:

Sorry I failed to say hi Tidesweep, but I must caution you against flirting with Lauren. I have reserved exclusive rights to stalking her!

However, I have to say that the most ironic thing happened to me this past weekend. A bunch of my friends decided to go bowling, and I went along for the ride. They were all bowling whilst I sat at the bar, and lo and behold, I met a very nice woman! We share the same sense of humor (scary, isn't it?), we were finishing each other's sentences, and have a TON in common. I had sworn off the bowling alley as a place to meet ANYONE, and especially the bar there, but it just happened.
I have a feeling that when it's going to happen, it's going to happen, regardless of where you are...