Mens and wimmins

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Yes you are ! Google Tacoma Narrows Bridge and Kansas City Skywalk for the proof.:whoosh:
Recently there was that swing bridge in Miami that lasted all of 38 minutes until it decided to become 1 of those car smasher thingies.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Being wife-less, I'm too old to start dating. Besides, if it weren't for having to go to the post office or the grocery store, there's really no reason to leave the house.

RIP June. I want to be strong; like you. :huggy: :huggy: :huggy:

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now it is nice, however, that I seem to own a magic refrigerator in my shop. It's right next t o the shop door and used mostly to chill beer. It magically restocks itself with Corona fairly regularly. I don't dare unplug it....don't want to jinx that.

Event Horizon ..... :cds:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
on the flip side Trump was not wrong about gold diggers or as they are known now a days Sugar Babies

On the contrary, my SB and I have strictly business approach to our relationship. We both know what is expected and what is not acceptable. Gold diggers generally just take the money and run. JMHO

BernieP

Resident PIA
I feel sorry for anyone on YOUR team ! The only people that don't F***up are the ones who are not doing anything. Or of course engineers .
Things don't always work as they should, that's accepted. F'ing up is when a person does something they should have known better or is just plain lazy. First rule, if in doubt, ask for help. Sort of like measuring before cutting - how many times should need you measure.
Failure to follow process is probably the biggest f up. Process is there to increase quality, reduce accidents and help maintain schedule.
Everyone is reminded of best practices and when failure to follow them results in a mishap, I am PO'd.
Best example, had a guy on the software team who always got his work very quickly. Normally with software under configuration control engineers have to wait for files to become available. We (I) found out how he was doing it when he wiped out the work of two other engineers.
Had two "super stars" on the team. Same sort of deal, Problem was, the customer would complain when they got the software drop that either the problems weren't fixed or there were new problems. When we went in to inspect their work, it couldn't be found. Because they may have put in long days over a 6 month period, they actually made things worse, particularly with the customer. Because they failed to follow best practices.
Another experienced engineer was working on something he was not familiar with, instead of asking a couple of questions, he assumed.
Erased everything.

People who are engaging in "extracurricular" activities in the office tend to make more mistakes because their attention is else where.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Here is the Personals ad I must have placed before meeting my now-ex wife...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Things don't always work as they should, that's accepted. F'ing up is when a person does something they should have known better or is just plain lazy. First rule, if in doubt, ask for help. Sort of like measuring before cutting - how many times should need you measure.
Failure to follow process is probably the biggest f up. Process is there to increase quality, reduce accidents and help maintain schedule.
Everyone is reminded of best practices and when failure to follow them results in a mishap, I am PO'd.
Best example, had a guy on the software team who always got his work very quickly. Normally with software under configuration control engineers have to wait for files to become available. We (I) found out how he was doing it when he wiped out the work of two other engineers.
Had two "super stars" on the team. Same sort of deal, Problem was, the customer would complain when they got the software drop that either the problems weren't fixed or there were new problems. When we went in to inspect their work, it couldn't be found. Because they may have put in long days over a 6 month period, they actually made things worse, particularly with the customer. Because they failed to follow best practices.
Another experienced engineer was working on something he was not familiar with, instead of asking a couple of questions, he assumed.
Erased everything.

People who are engaging in "extracurricular" activities in the office tend to make more mistakes because their attention is else where.
Then you have the people who make more mistakes than average because they are doing a disproportionate amount of the work. It's hard to mess up when you walk around the office with a file folder, looking busy, but not actually accomplishing anything.