Michael Vick

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He's been hanging around close to Skins Territory lately. :snacks:

I'm having a tougher time, now that it is here, visualizing the team that is actually going to give him a shot.

Vick's hiring trainers, not working with animal rights groups to prove his contrition. He seems to be taking it as a foregone conclusion he can play. This is a potential nightmare for a team.

As bad as Snyder has been for the Redskins, if he signs Vick, this is the first time I could see actually being done with the team after a lifetime hanging on each game.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
He's done his time. The NFL lets people play every week who have done more harm to society than Michael Vick... if Vick had raped a woman, would we be having this conversation? No. :shrug:

That said, you can't deny Michael Vick has talent and I hope the Jaguars sign him. :yay:

thurley42

HY;FR
He's done his time. The NFL lets people play every week who have done more harm to society than Michael Vick... if Vick had raped a woman, would we be having this conversation? No. :shrug:

That said, you can't deny Michael Vick has talent and I hope the Jaguars sign him. :yay:

had talent...as a QB at least...he wasn't exactly torching up the place before he left the game....he's got some substantial size...he is going to have to play other positions other than QB to get significant playing time..

and like Larry said, if he had raped someone he would have be gone...

donbarzini

No. He'd be out for life.

You've never been more right. I want to say it was five years ago. The Patriots drafted a DT from Nebraska with their 1st pick. Name was Christian Peter. It came to light that he had sexually assaulted a woman. The Pat's cut him loose. They applied for "relief" from the NFL for losing the pick. It was denied, so they could have kept him but I think he ended up in the CFL

Baz

This. ------------------>
:roflmao:

We're beginning to pick up some subtle indications from a couple of sources with connections to the team that the Redskins should not be ruled out as potential suitors for Michael Vick. The thinking is that, if he were to land in D.C., Vick would not supplant current starter Jason Campbell, but that he instead would work in a Wildcat-type role for 2009, with an opportunity next year to succeed Campbell, whose contract expires after the season. If the Redskins truly are interested, it could create an awkward situation for agent Joel Segal, who represents both players.

Truth&Rumors | FanNation

Baz

Heh. Won't happen. Do a search on 75% of the free agents and most of the goofy websites name some of the same teams over and over without research.

It's a rumor-mill for a reason, some kook thinks it up.

You speak from fear. CNN isn't a goofy website.

Yeah, maybe the Skins won't get him. But you'll see from my original post in this thread, I fully expect Snyder to be thinking about it. After all, the Skins are always dying to be the Off-Season Champions.

If it makes the news, Snyder wants it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You speak from fear. CNN isn't a goofy website.

Yeah, maybe the Skins won't get him. But you'll see from my original post in this thread, I fully expect Snyder to be thinking about it. After all, the Skins are always dying to be the Off-Season Champions.

If it makes the news, Snyder wants it.

Hold up; while it is fair to say Snyder is looking for promotional opportunities, it is not fair to say he'll do anything to just make news; rob banks, kidnap children, kill the family pet, etc. If he thinks Vick is BAD publicity, he won't do it.

Vick is bad publicity.

Baz

Hold up; while it is fair to say Snyder is looking for promotional opportunities, it is not fair to say he'll do anything to just make news; rob banks, kidnap children, kill the family pet, etc. If he thinks Vick is BAD publicity, he won't do it.

Vick is bad publicity.

He'll sign Vick by Friday, if he can.

D-35

Sick Vick

Though wary of Pits and Rotties; I'm a big-time dog lover.

I say hang Vick. Screw his remorse, atonement and apologetics--he's a freakin' gangsta thug. F him.
I'm not that much of a football fan...far from it!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm not saying he should. It would be the stupidest thing he could possibly do, this week.

Which is exactly why I think he will.

Snyder does things that may not pan out or even hurt the team on the field but he doesn't do things that hurt the finances of the team. Vick, in my view, hurts the finances of the team.