Michael Vick

BuddyLee

Football addict
Poor little fanboy. Still carrying the grudge from the Penguins-Caps series. Who was wrong there, Junior?

You should be used to disappointment by now. All of your teams suck.

:baby: Suck on that.
Meh. I never mentioned an inkling of that. I guess you're the one who holds some phantom grudge. Perhaps you just don't like yourself. Yeah, that's probably it.:lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Do you think some fans would stop going to games if he signed Vick? I think there would be a couple small protests outside the stadium on gamedays. More than a few angry letters and calls to sports radio and the Post, but I don't think it would hurt ticket sales at all.

Heck, you'd probably see a bunch of people in brand new Vick jerseys.

It's my guess, and it's just a guess, that anyone who didn't want to be associated with Vick and what he did would be less interested in the Skins and that includes advertisers as well as fans. :shrug:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Are you here to save BuddyCry? :killingme

Skins fans Unite!!! :roflmao:

I'm not a Skins fan and I still found your arguments flip-flopping, just like BL said. You went from saying BL is "scared" because CNN is a "credible" website, then completely recanted by saying "of course I know it's just a rumor from a bogus website". You can't have it both ways. You were wrong. It has nothing to do with Skins fans disagreeing with you.

Here is another rumor that you should copy to another website (I made it up but that's apparently credible for you, just give credit to somd.com): Michael Vick's agent has been in contract talks with the Pittsburgh Steelers according to multiple unnamed sources. :dork:

Uh oh looks like the Seahawks are going to sign Vick too! Seahawks interested in Vick? | Truth&Rumors | FanNation

:jameo:

Last edited:

Baz

This. ------------------>
I'm not a Skins fan and I still found your arguments flip-flopping, just like BL said. You went from saying BL is "scared" because CNN is a "credible" website, then completely recanted by saying "of course I know it's just a rumor from a bogus website". You can't have it both ways. You were wrong. It has nothing to do with Skins fans disagreeing with you.

Here is another rumor that you should copy to another website (I made it up but that's apparently credible for you, just give credit to somd.com): Michael Vick's agent has been in contract talks with the Pittsburgh Steelers according to multiple unnamed sources. :dork:

Uh oh looks like the Seahawks are going to sign Vick too! Seahawks interested in Vick? | Truth&Rumors | FanNation

:jameo:

Oh, I see. I never said the website from which I pulled that rumor from was bogus. So, no backtracking there. If I did, please direct me to that post so I can admit my mistake and stand corrected. While you're at it, can you please post where I claimed the rumor was indeed fact?

Thanks.

And until Vick signs with another team, I will continue to believe in Dan Snyder's ability to make yet another boneheaded personnel decision.

Actually, I will always believe in that, regardless of where Vick ends up. :smile:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And until Vick signs with another team, I will continue to believe in Dan Snyder's ability to make yet another boneheaded personnel decision.

Actually, I will always believe in that, regardless of where Vick ends up. :smile:

But, as I say, Snyder doesn't make bad PR decisions. It is exciting to have Bruce Smith or Dion Sanders coming on regardless of how it pans out on the field. That makes positive news. It is exciting to sign Archuleta and Lloyd to trillion dollar deals.

It is not exciting to be bringing on a guy who killed dogs. It is a huge PR risk.

So, if Snyder does do this, it will be a new type of screw up totally out of character for him.

That's the point.

Baz

It's my guess, and it's just a guess, that anyone who didn't want to be associated with Vick and what he did would be less interested in the Skins and that includes advertisers as well as fans. :shrug:

They certainly wouldn't gain any new fans with the move. I just don't see any life-long Redskins fans abondoning the team because of Vick. They may not like the move, but the franchise is always bigger than the individual players.

Heck, if the Cowboys fans could accept T.O.. :lol:

Baz

But, as I say, Snyder doesn't make bad PR decisions. It is exciting to have Bruce Smith or Dion Sanders coming on regardless of how it pans out on the field. That makes positive news. It is exciting to sign Archuleta and Lloyd to trillion dollar deals.

It is not exciting to be bringing on a guy who killed dogs. It is a huge PR risk.

So, if Snyder does do this, it will be a new type of screw up totally out of character for him.

That's the point.

I see your point. While there is no PR upside to it, it may actually make sense on the field.

You've won me over on that. That would be completely out of character for Snyder.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They certainly wouldn't gain any new fans with the move. I just don't see any life-long Redskins fans abondoning the team because of Vick. They may not like the move, but the franchise is always bigger than the individual players.

Heck, if the Cowboys fans could accept T.O.. :lol:

T.O. did NOT electrocute, beat up, strangle and otherwise abuse and kill animals. That is the problem; this is exponentially worse than anything anyone has contemplated dealing with before. Even with Ray Lewis, there was never even the suggestion he participated in the murders let alone a conviction and jail time.

As for franchises, there are limits to what you can do. Snyder, for all his faults and bad moves, has not lost the fans en masse because he will spend money, he will bring back Joe Gibbs, he will sign the biggest names in free agency. He is seen as trying.

Baz

T.O. did NOT electrocute, beat up, strangle and otherwise abuse and kill animals. That is the problem; this is exponentially worse than anything anyone has contemplated dealing with before. Even with Ray Lewis, there was never even the suggestion he participated in the murders let alone a conviction and jail time.

As for franchises, there are limits to what you can do. Snyder, for all his faults and bad moves, has not lost the fans en masse because he will spend money, he will bring back Joe Gibbs, he will sign the biggest names in free agency. He is seen as trying.

Yeah, Ray ended up pleading to a misdemeanor obstruction of justice or something like that. Cost him some money and a Disneyworld commercial.

Snyder certainly isn't going to be accused of sitting on his hands and playing it safe. That's another good point. Still, I have to laugh at this image I have of him being the league's premier dumpster diver. Every now and then he gets a good one (Portis), but his average isn't very impressive.

But if/when Vick signs with another team, I'll congratulate Snyder on his discovery of self control.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Yeah, Ray ended up pleading to a misdemeanor obstruction of justice or something like that. Cost him some money and a Disneyworld commercial.

Snyder certainly isn't going to be accused of sitting on his hands and playing it safe. That's another good point. Still, I have to laugh at this image I have of him being the league's premier dumpster diver. Every now and then he gets a good one (Portis), but his average isn't very impressive.

But if/when Vick signs with another team, I'll congratulate Snyder on his discovery of self control.

The league's premier dumpster diver is in Oakland.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Take it easy on him BL, he might call the USSS on you.

Apparently Seattle and Jacksonville are interested in Vick. IDK about Seattle, but Vick would be a good fit at Jacksonville since they're basically the second coming of the 2005 Bengals :lol:

angelbaby

:roflmao: Portis? really?

Your knowledge of football frightens me. :yikes: :lol: