Mishandling classified documents

SamSpade

I'm curious why they're "finding" them now. We know why they hid/ignored it for years.
It’s gotta be Democrats who want him out in 2024. Think of it. No one is “searching” his stuff. No teams of law enforcement. They’re just - finding them.

Which means they’ve ALWAYS KNOWN about them. There’s no other explanation.

Look at the timing. After midterms. But right after. Hurts Biden but not the party.

What happens to the Dems if he is removed from office? It’s devastating. But what if he’s just tarnished enough without disgrace that he just chooses not to run in 2024? And Kamala DOESN’T become President?

It’s perfect. I’m guessing that

1. He will declare he is not running.
2. Another rising star will be promoted and glammed over. Press and social media will have a Democrat version of DeSantis.

Kinnakeet

Did you read the article? None of this infomation is hard to obtain if you jsut try.

They hounded Trump because he refused to give them back after deliberately taking them to Florida.

Biden's attorney immediately notified the DOJ when they discovered them who turned them over to the archives.
Here we go BS coming out of a no it all's mouth I see that democrat disease is still working to warp your mind

SamSpade

I think that's it. Mayor Pete has chit the bed so far - otherwise, he'd be their guy. Newsom has already been firing broadsides at DeSantis for no other apparent reason but that he might be a Presidential opponent.

SamSpade

Here we go BS coming out of a no it all's mouth I see that democrat disease is still working to warp your mind
Question with Trump has always been, do they legally have the right to demand it or does he legally have the right to refuse?
The government does NOT have the right to just demand you fork over whatever they want you to.
Does he legally own them and have the right to declassify them? If he does, they can scream all they want and send in the troops - they don't have the right to them, and their behavior regarding them has been juvenile.

Biden was Vice-President, and as such, has zero legal right to just walk out the door with classified documents, and he certainly followed no protocol in their removal.

That's irrelevant. It's important to watch the left hand when the right hand is waving about - the question isn't whether he had the RIGHT to them. And it's not did the chain of custody follow ANY sort of secure procedure. It's why NOW after six years are they "finding" all of this? It is IMPOSSIBLE for them to "find" four (thus far) groups of classified documents unless they've ALWAYS KNOWN ABOUT THEM.

This is a DEMOCRAT STUNT to tarnish Joe and remove him. He's toxic to their brand. And he could still lose to Trump or DeSantis in 2024.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
This is a DEMOCRAT STUNT to tarnish Joe and remove him. He's toxic to their brand. And he could still lose to Trump or DeSantis in 2024.
In the end, it still won’t help them.

They have no one, Even slightly, electable in the background.

It sure won’t be Kamala.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
B6CA5408-A05A-4A75-80EB-99BEFAD8E277.jpeg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Like Gurps said, it'll be Newsom. American voters will largely reject him, but it won't matter - they'll keep manufacturing votes until they get enough to install him. Then the "Republicans" will get all outraged at anyone who questions it.

I've already seen that show.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Does he legally own them and have the right to declassify them?

As President, Trump has / had the Authority to declassify any document he wants .... there is some paperwork that needs filed / processed, but the President may declassify ANY DOCUMENT .... ANY

as I understand the process

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
In the end, it still won’t help them.

It sure won’t be Kamala.
And how many of us had even remotely heard of Obama before they decided to “promote” him for President?

On another note, using classified documents as a means of getting rid of Biden, runs the risk of minimizing their latest effort to get rid of Trump, which would keep him in the candidate playing field. After ALL of their efforts to discredit Trump, I find it hard to believe that they would do something to negate those efforts.

So, no, at this point, I’m not giving them credit for being that Machiavellian. It seems as though we might have a document problem that’s a bit more widespread along with all of our other issues. I’d be calling for investigations into reasons for DOJ sitting on the info if I were a Republican in Office, and coming down heavily on the double standard issue. But that’s just me…

Hijinx

I don't know what the hell they are doing, and I am not so sure they know what the hell they are doing either. It would be awful hard for them to pick someone less qualified for President and VP than the two clowns they cheated for last time.
Newsom ? My God My God why hast thou forsaken us.

herb749

To the best of my knowledge -

No, he had zero right to them. Only Obama would have.

I’m listening to talking heads on CNN and they’re spewing the useless talking point that unlike Trump he didn’t resist handing them over. Kind of a pointless remark because they were ALREADY in hand at the point of discovery and since presumably no one knew they were there - sure - you don’t subpoena documents you don’t know about. Why would someone subpoena documents stuffed in someone’s garage?

So he’s in possession of documents he had no business having - for YEARS. How did they get there? We’re told Joe didn’t put them there. Lawyers? That’s a lie. Were they secured? Sure doesn’t look like it IF they were DISCOVERED and heretofore unknown.

Then there’s the timing. After mid-terms. When they were FOUND before them.

Who does this help? Trump? Not really and not if released after midterms. Joe? Hell no. It makes him look horrible.

So who DOES it help? The party. They want him gone. They put him there, and they will take him out. Whether they’re behind it or promoting it, they want him out and someone ELSE by 2024.

Look for which rising star they pick SOON. They have to pick one soon.

Strange how no one has brought up he had no right to take them, only they called the archives and returned them right away.

herb749

Kamala can be put in the presidency and still run for two terms now, if she was placed in the presidency a year ago she would only be allowed to run for one term.

I'd think if they wanted to remove Biden and see how Harris handles it, they'd pick a strong VP to possibly run in 24. Pete screwed up transportation so he might have been another 1st for them. Would Newsome give up CA if they gave him more power as VP .?