Mistress Phoenix...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I woke up about 6 this morning, made out Cooper atop the bureau getting a snack from Phoenix's bowl. She was in the drawer on her towel (over my socks) sound asleep. He got down when I said his name.

Later on, he hissed at me when I was just going to put some wet food in his and brother Buffs bowls.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Anita got woke up about 2 AM today. Miss Phoenix was on her alternate high guard spot atop a bookshelf by the closet door.
Both boys were on the open frame bookshelf next to it. They were just looking, did not try to approach.
She was growl-yowling, but did not run for better cover.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Decided to break the house up again for a couple days, made sure the boys had 4 scratch boxes available.
Made sure food and water dispensers were properly distributed.
Closed Teia's Gate in the upstairs hall after I knew the boys were napping downstairs.
Kitty cam and visits, seeing Miss Phoenix more out and about, plus she's sitting at Teia's Gate looking for the boys, or at them when they are in the other half of the upstairs hallway.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
To clarify the previous post, we were actually out of state visiting family in western Massachusetts.

A huge exploration by Mistress Phoenix today.

She has been exploring the top floor quite thoroughly since Teia's Gate was opened Monday night. Teia's Gate was closed Thursday morning. She followed me around as I was doing kitty janitor work in 3 rooms last evening. Camera footage is showing that her perambulations are at an easy pace, unless she has a squirrel on and is playing with one of the cat toys.

This afternoon, she came downstairs and made it as far as the entrance to the kitchen. She even discovered the boys' scratch pads near there. She stayed down about 6 minutes. On her way back to the stairway, Buff crept up for a social sniff. She turned and hissed at him, as if to say; "I'm NOT that kind of girl!" She did not retreat immediately. When he backed off, she walked up the stairs.

A little while later I hear a muffled thump from the direction of the cellar door, which was open a little as Cooper was down there. I think he found the cat books and is reading. I thought it was him, got up from my chair to close the door, however, it was Mistress Phoenix. Her first time going down cellar. I'm certain she saw Cooper and retreated. However, he did not chase her.

When he came up about 5 minutes later, petted him and let him know he is a good boy, then gave him some treats.
I think we have our major breakthrough.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
A couple of minutes ago, Miss Phoenix decided another visit to downstairs was in order.
She came near the breakfast nook between the kitchen an TV room.
Buff is sitting on the table. She saw him, halted, stared at him a bit and then ran back towards the stairs.
I went looking, and she had only gone up 5 of 15 steps.
It seems she was looking for Buff to chase her.
When she saw me, went all the way back up.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Missy came down again a little bit ago, and did make it into the TV room. She even sat under the raised foot rest of my wife's recliner for a couple minutes. Buff descended from atop the bookshelf and stood on the desk looking at her. She stared back and then hightailed it for the stairs.

Both she and Cooper are in the front bedroom per the latest camera feed.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
All three were in the master bath this morning when I got up.

Buff was on the sill of the big window over the tub.
Phoenix was atop the blanket covered pile of totes in the tub.
Cooper was laying just inside the door watching her.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Missy has been on the main floor exploring for the better part of an hour and a half.

A little bit ago, looked like she going upstairs, was watched over by Buff the Gargoyle. She came back down a few minutes later.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Today makes 5th day in a row Missy has been downstairs. Last half hour or so she was chasing Buff around. I think its finally getting to be play rather than serious. She made only a very few aggressive noises. He did not let out a peep.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Up until a few minutes ago, the three cats were sleeping within a few feet of each other. Phoenix was a couple feet from the desk, Cooper a few feet away from her, and Buff a little beyond on one of the kitchen chairs.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Today makes day 7 Missy has been out and about. Some hisses for the boys, but I think it is becoming pro forma rather than in earnest.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Anita (my Mrs.) said that Buff and Phoenix exchanged a friendly nose bump today.
I saw him get a social sniff in on her without a protest when I got home from Lowe's a little after 6:30 PM.

Louise

Anita (my Mrs.) said that Buff and Phoenix exchanged a friendly nose bump today.
I saw him get a social sniff in on her without a protest when I got home from Lowe's a little after 6:30 PM.

Happy New Year, kitties! Make your resolution be to get along together. You don’t know how lucky you are. A feral cat named Lucky lives in our house. We did not expect her. She knows that she is lucky, and shows it every day. She says Happy New Year! 😻

Also, she is best friends with our dog. They play together. Very cute.

Last edited: