Mommies-

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Oh My! Kinda rough coming back from that! My boy was only 7.5 pounds and I still had 40 stitches because of him. (Another reason I refer to him as life long birth control :killingme)

No tears, no cuts, no stitches. She spit him out after 12 hours of labor. I asked the nurse for a status, she said 9.5 cm, so I ran to the coffee shop on Fenwick. She had the baby before I got to the coffee shop.

pelers

**I would also like to add that my son has never been a picky eater and IMO I contribute that fact to food that actually has flavor.

Store bought baby food is NASTY. And Gerber is horrendus! Read the ingredients. Gerber adds cornstarch, dye, and other fillers to their food.

IMO if you do decide to use store bought food, go with Beechnut. They do not add fillers, dye, perservatives, etc. It's straight up what the label reads.

Gerber is actually getting better, they have (or at least had) an organics line that had a very short list of ingredients. The fruit/veggie, water and ascorbic acid or something to keep it from browning. But yeah... I sampled everything before I fed it to the boy. If I couldn't stand it, he wasn't subjected to it.

This time around we're doing straight table food or I'll make up my own purees. Since the boy was born I've been on a huge kick about not having any preservative-laden food around. It's actually been quite nice, hubby and I have both lost weight and we get sick less often.

MarieB

3 months for my big babies, but i think i started the youngest on oatmeal instead of rice.

I think they recommend waiting until 6 months

MarieB

And to add, if she is feeding formula she may want to forego rice and go straight to oatmeal. Rice can cause constipation, just as the orange and yellow veggies and fruits

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Started adding it in around 4-5 weeks because he was ALWAYS hungry and he NEVER slept. Didn't really help.

luvmygdaughters

I started my daughters on rice cereal at 4 weeks. Mixed it very thin with formula. At 8 weeks started them on oatmeal and applesauce. the pediatrician recommended I dont introduce them to solid food until they were 6 months old. My mother, on the other hand, is the one who told me to start them on solids when I did. I also made them babyfood from our dinner table and as someone as Zara said in an earlier post, they were very good eaters, never picky.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Thanks for all the responses. She has read this thread and started Pickle on rice cereal. He's doing much better now. Before, he was eating constantly. I started girl on rice at 3 mos, and feel I waited too long. For the first 3 mos, I didn't get more than 2 hrs of sleep at a time because I was listening to the doc.

MarieB

In the bottle or is he ready to actually eat it from a spoon?

If she is giving it in the bottle, avent has a special nipple just for that. It's a 3 stage nipple

mAlice

professional daydreamer
In the bottle or is he ready to actually eat it from a spoon?

If she is giving it in the bottle, avent has a special nipple just for that. It's a 3 stage nipple
In the bottle. There isn't enough rice to require a special nipple yet, but he'll need that soon, so thanks for the advice :smile:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Thanks for all the responses. She has read this thread and started Pickle on rice cereal. He's doing much better now. Before, he was eating constantly. I started girl on rice at 3 mos, and feel I waited too long. For the first 3 mos, I didn't get more than 2 hrs of sleep at a time because I was listening to the doc.

The baby's name is Pickle?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
He probably didn't get as many dates as BIG Richard did :whistle:

Actually, he was one of the best looking guys in school. I dint think he ever found himself without a date. He was also very nice, and down to earth.

I did get your joke, though.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
She said it's okay if I post a pic, so here's Pickle.

Attachments

• Pickle.jpg
    Pickle.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 242