Moms..I need help

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
also epi's are no longer best practice for most births..they have found that you actually tear less and have less to heal with a tear than a cut. I think the big thing is letting labor progress, serious tears are more likely in induced or assisted births..because its so fast.

See what I am doing? I am googling. ( I am a research monster. I research everything to death and have tried to avoid it with the pregnancy to avoid giving my self panic attacks)

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
You shouldn't be afraid of tearing. You should be afraid of having an emergency c-section and not being numb for it so you feel everything from start to finish. Now that #### hurts! :jet:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
LT, you should come over and let me, Dye and Jazz deliver your bebe on alcohol experimentation night. You'd be surprised how much easier squirting a child out of your hoo-ha is when you've had a couple of banana daiquiris.

:howdy:

I've been with my sister, daughter and a friend when they had their babies. I'm an expert. :diva:

lovinmaryland

LT, you should come over and let me, Dye and Jazz deliver your bebe on alcohol experimentation night. You'd be surprised how much easier squirting a child out of your hoo-ha is when you've had a couple of banana daiquiris.

Hmmm something tells me you will have to re paint the house when this is all over :lol:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
also epi's are no longer best practice for most births..they have found that you actually tear less and have less to heal with a tear than a cut. I think the big thing is letting labor progress, serious tears are more likely in induced or assisted births..because its so fast.

See what I am doing? I am googling. ( I am a research monster. I research everything to death and have tried to avoid it with the pregnancy to avoid giving my self panic attacks)

they lie

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Polko is awesome in the delivery room. She will take care of you. She will sing for you to if you want :lol:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
:cds: You are NOT helping.:killingme
Well, the good news is that it's true what they say -- none of that awful stuff matters once you see that beautiful baby. :smile:

But...then, of course, they take it away and you have to lie there while they put you back together, still un-numb. :cds:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
to avoid giving my self panic attacks

I will give you a non-horror story to reassure you:

Both my kids were born without complications and without me taking so much as a Tylenol. Ouch, ouch, over and out. Felt fine the next day, sore but no biggie. Hell, I could give birth for a living. :lol:

You'll be fine :huggy:

Severa

Common sense ain't common

Like most other moms have said here, I would definitely talk with your OB about your concerns. I had an emergency C-section with my oldest son. My youngest son's delivery was induced and I did have an epi. Thankfully, I had a great OB and I've not had problem one ever since (and on a side now, my youngest son turns 11 TOMORROW! :yahoo:)

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Well, the good news is that it's true what they say -- none of that awful stuff matters once you see that beautiful baby. :smile:

But...then, of course, they take it away and you have to lie there while they put you back together, still un-numb. :cds:

I guess we shouldn't mention the OTHER problem, huh?

thebird

Yeah but what happens when they think you will have a 8 lb baby so they give you an episiotomy for an 8lb baby and you actually have an almost 10 lb baby :yikes: :bawl:

I had two nearly 9 lb babies, both times was given an episiotomy because tearing was going to happen. The episiotomy is NOT bad at all, and I'm a wuss when it comes to pain. The recovery wasn't bad either. The second time I busted a stitch but that was my own fault and still wasn't bad. After child birth, recovery is a walk in the park. You'll be fine, just hang in there and try not to freak out too bad.

Although, the word episiotomy does make my lady parts hurt a little.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:howdy:

I've been with my sister, daughter and a friend when they had their babies. I'm an expert. :diva:

I actually had my boss (male) tell me that if I went into labor at work, he would deliver the baby. Umm.. I'd rather go next door to the jail (I work for a PD) and have the jail nurse do it than let somebody I have to work with do it. :lol: Luckily, his "services" were never an issue.

lovinmaryland

I had two nearly 9 lb babies, both times was given an episiotomy because tearing was going to happen. The episiotomy is NOT bad at all, and I'm a wuss when it comes to pain. The recovery wasn't bad either. The second time I busted a stitch but that was my own fault and still wasn't bad. After child birth, recovery is a walk in the park. You'll be fine, just hang in there and try not to freak out too bad.

Although, the word episiotomy does make my lady parts hurt a little.

The episiotomy didnt hurt one bit... But I tore the rest of the way since they didnt cut appropriately. The dr said he stopped counting how many stitches once he got to 50 on me :cds: :bawl:

lovinmaryland

I guess we shouldn't mention the OTHER problem, huh?

There are so many which one are you thinking of. My fear was ####ting on the table while giving birth. One of our friends wives did that and listening to him tell that story to like 20 people one night at a party... I was actually embarrassed for her :faint: :blushing:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
There are so many which one are you thinking of. My fear was ####ting on the table while giving birth. One of our friends wives did that and listening to him tell that story to like 20 people one night at a party... I was actually embarrassed for her :faint: :blushing:

:lol: It feels like you have to and I kept saying I think Im going to do it :lol: I didnt but she said thats what the pressure feels like :popcorn:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Uh..yeah...I was in attendance for one of those deals. :lmao:

I was thinking of the dreaded hemorrhoids. Last child I had..I was laying in recovery, nurse came in to check my parts..all of the sudden :yikes: Oh honey, you had a few hemmorhoids, I just put them back. :lol: