More Liberal Honesty

Midnightrider

You're quite obsessed with this "fox" nonsense. I stated it before, Fox was the only network or news outlet that I was able to find the montage of reporters praising Soleimani and condemning Trump. All the other sources (sources you probably deem as credible) refuse to engage in such reporting. I even went as far as posting the actual videos from the networks where they were reported, and you still ran back to "your fox" this and "your fox" that. What a damn shame you have not one ounce of objectivity.
That’s because fox is the only network trying to spin this into ‘the media is praising somlimani and refusing to call him a terrorist’. The full videos don’t back up that spin. In the full videos it is clear that they call him a terrorist, they talk about the number of American lives he is responsible for taking, and they decried his brutal history. That reality does not jive with the highly edited Montage fox sold you, so you default back to what they told you despite it just being proven as BS. Seriously, you used to be A LOT smarter than this.

SkylarkTempest

OMG :roflmao:

Now I know you're a troll and I'm done discussing with you. Read up, get some history, understand that Iran's problems didn't begin in the "late 2000s". :lol:

I don't know how old you are, but I am old enough to remember when the Shah was overthrown and the Ayatollah took over. Before that they were just a corrupt monarchy and the citizens were largely doing okay; afterward, they became an authoritarian theocracy and life for Iranians changed dramatically. That's why the ones who could got the hell out of there.

In fact, I have about a dozen friends from high school who came over to the US from Iran in the late 70s because their parents were smart enough to see the writing on the wall and fled for their lives. They are SUPER strong Americans and highly patriotic (toward the US, not Iran).

I always wade in with high hopes of having a true discussion of ideas and opinions, and you people always turn out to not know what the frick you're talking about and just start spewing absurdities off the top of your head.

Well, I've read up on Iran and I deeply apologize. I now understand that it is an oppressive dictatorship. Can you help me out with one thing though? I couldn't find any information on who the dictator is. You could claim that it is the current Ayatollah, since technically speaking, he has the final word. However, functionally he is not in charge of government policies and does not usually intervene unless there are religious considerations. He is more of a theological figurehead than a head of state. The government is elected and historically, the winning party gets about a 60% of the vote. Those are 1984 Reagan numbers. El-Sisi in Egypt got 97%, Hussein used to get 100%, and Kim gets 100%. So, like...I'm wondering who the dictator is...

Can you help me because I don't know what the frick I'm talking about.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Well let's see if help actually comes. Can you tell me who the dictator of Iran is?
summer-movies-dictator-om02b.jpg

Midnightrider

You tell me - they're your favorite. They seem to be tough on the talk but when it comes to taking action - still, all talk, it suits you... just like sappy!

Uncanny.
How are they all talk? They fired 15 missiles into our base and hit several targets.

warneckutz

How are they all talk? They fired 15 missiles into our base and hit several targets.
iran talked a big game and couldn't back down...

So, they launched a few missiles that didn't cause casualties because they didn't want to be brought back to the stone age. At the same time they didn't want to appear weak in front of their people.

Midnightrider

iran talked a big game and couldn't back down...

So, they launched a few missiles that didn't cause casualties because they didn't want to be brought back to the stone age. At the same time they didn't want to appear weak in front of their people.
So they talked a big game and then acted, you are just disappointed this didn’t end in a war?

if Iran had launched the same attack with the same results prior to trump killing solimani we would have retaliated. Trump looks weak backing down after they struck us. That being said, I am glad someone in the whitehouse reigned trump in because I have no interest in a US vs Iran war.