More Liberal Honesty

PsyOps

Pixelated
Where did I saw that?
I said that you don’t know if those correspondents called him a terrorist or not because you watched a highly edited and spun up video on fox. If you simply watch the cubs video you posted in its entirety you would know you are sucking on spin and it is leading you to an incorrect conclusion

you really used to be a lot smarter.

Ahhh, get off your liberal high-horse with the "you really used to be a lot smarter". You're just using a nicer way to say "you're a dumb ass".

What I do know is these media elites are parroted the Iranian praises of Soleimani. When talking about a terrorist, that's really all that should be coming out of their mouths - "The U.S. has killed another brutal, American-butchering terrorist". They had no such praise for Bin Laden. They had no such praise for al-Baghdadi. The media essentially condemned Trump for killing this "brilliant man", this "Cardinal Richelieu", this "Machiavelli", while praising a terrorist.

But, why don't you go on record and just say you're glad this terrorist, Soleimani, is dead, and that Trump did a good thing ordering his killing?

Midnightrider

Ahhh, get off your liberal high-horse with the "you really used to be a lot smarter". You're just using a nicer way to say "you're a dumb ass".

What I do know is these media elites are parroted the Iranian praises of Soleimani. When talking about a terrorist, that's really all that should be coming out of their mouths - "The U.S. has killed another brutal, American-butchering terrorist". They had no such praise for Bin Laden. They had no such praise for al-Baghdadi. The media essentially condemned Trump for killing this "brilliant man", this "Cardinal Richelieu", this "Machiavelli", while praising a terrorist.

But, why don't you go on record and just say you're glad this terrorist, Soleimani, is dead, and that Trump did a good thing ordering his killing?
I am glad he is dead, but I don’t know that what trump did is a good thing. That is yet to be determined.

It’s funny, you were all spun up about these people refusing to call him a terrorist because that’s what fox told you to think. Now you have moved on to the lie that the media is heaping praise on solimani. If you watch the full videos you posted you will see that those correspondents did not heap praise on him. They described the FACT that solimani was revered as a military leader in Iran.
Here is a screen capture from that cbs piece. Look at the ****ing headline for Christ’s sake, and before you say ‘they didn’t call him a terrorist, they did.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I am glad he is dead, but I don’t know that what trump did is a good thing. That is yet to be determined.

It’s funny, you were all spun up about these people refusing to call him a terrorist because that’s what fox told you to think. Now you have moved on to the lie that the media is heaping praise on solimani. If you watch the full videos you posted you will see that those correspondents did not heap praise on him. They described the FACT that solimani was revered as a military leader in Iran.
Here is a screen capture from that cbs piece. Look at the ****ing headline for Christ’s sake, and before you say ‘they didn’t call him a terrorist, they did.
View attachment 144152

OMG... you didn't even watch the video did you? Just post a one-liner and that's your narrative. You're exactly what you accuse me of doing. That video never once reported that Soleimani was a terrorist. They did manage to state what others have called him, but the reporters themselves, and the networks decided they would just default to a softer level of reporting and just let others speak for them.

The guy was a terrorist. You managed to admit you're glad he's dead. Good! But, you still can't get yourself to admit it was a good thing. The same could be said about killing Bin Laden or al-Baghdadi. We didn't know what the repercussions might have been by killing those terrorists. Yet, reporting was unanimous that killing them was justified. Soleimani falls into the same category as Bin Laden and al-Baghdadi, responsible for butchering hundreds of Americans.

Last edited:

SkylarkTempest

OMG... you didn't even watch the video did you? Just post a one-liner and that's your narrative. You're exactly what you accuse me of doing. That video never once reported that Soleimani was a terrorist. They did manage to state what other have called him, but the reporters themselves, and the network decided they would just default to a softer level of reporting and just let others speak for them.

The guy was a terrorist. You managed to admit you're glad he's dead. Good! But, you still can't get yourself to admit it was a good thing. The same could be said about killing Bin Laden or al-Baghdadi. We didn't know what the repercussions might have been by killing those terrorists. Yet, reporting was unanimous that killing them was justified. Soleimani falls into the same category as Bin Laden and al-Baghdadi, responsible for butchering hundreds of Americans.

"They did manage to state what other have called him, but the reporters themselves, and the network decided they would just default to a softer level of reporting and just let others speak for them."

How old are you?

I don't mean that to be condescending, I think it's extremely relevant because news in the past 30 years has very gradually, and effectively blurred the line between reporting facts and expressing opinion. Someone who has only known this type of media may come to expect reporters to take a stance on issues. Is that what you're expecting?

I was under the impression that most reasonable people think this is a bad thing. Reporters should not be in the business of expressing their opinions. Fox News' tag line is "We report, you decide." You seem to be arguing that reporters and networks shouldn't just report but also make a decision, or take a position. It's not enough to report what other people, such as Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer have said about this guy, the network itself needs to back up their positions. Do I understand you correctly?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The person you quoted didn’t say problems began in the “late 2000s”. He said the government took an authoritarian turn since the. And he’s not wrong.

another clueless idiot ....... the Gov of Iran has been authoritarian in one form or another since 1979

PsyOps

Pixelated
"They did manage to state what other have called him, but the reporters themselves, and the network decided they would just default to a softer level of reporting and just let others speak for them."

How old are you?

I don't mean that to be condescending, I think it's extremely relevant because news in the past 30 years has very gradually, and effectively blurred the line between reporting facts and expressing opinion. Someone who has only known this type of media may come to expect reporters to take a stance on issues. Is that what you're expecting?

I was under the impression that most reasonable people think this is a bad thing. Reporters should not be in the business of expressing their opinions. Fox News' tag line is "We report, you decide." You seem to be arguing that reporters and networks shouldn't just report but also make a decision, or take a position. It's not enough to report what other people, such as Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer have said about this guy, the network itself needs to back up their positions. Do I understand you correctly?

The purpose of starting this thread was to show how the left is becoming more and more honest about who they really are: angry, violent, hating anyone who disagrees with them, and reporting the news in those contexts. My other part 2 thread didn't get much attention, because most know that this sort of "free speech" isn't acceptable; but people on the left didn't bother to condemn it either. In this thread, the leftist media made it their central point to find ways to praise Soleimani in order to make it look like Trump assassinated a world leader. Some in congress are going as far as calling what Trump did a 'war crime'. Killing a terrorist a 'war crime'?

On your question about how old I am... I've been around long enough to see how our MSM has made it more their cause to slant their reporting with opinion than to just report the raw news. Back when there were only 3 major networks, for the most part, we got pretty straight reporting. If you were savvy enough you could pick out some hints of editorializing. Today, it is brazen in-your-face bias reporting. And since Trump has taken office, it has morphed into utter hatred. And they won't stop at even lying in order to perpetuate their leftist agenda. It's sad and frustrating to not be able to turn on, what used to be, the most trusted cable news network (CNN), knowing that just about everything coming from that network is going to get on a subject that supports their leftist agenda and beat it to death, all while spewing lies at the same time.

About the only network I trust is Fox. Not because they have commentary from the right that supports my thinking, but they have straight reporters that don't give us their opinion like Chris Wallace, Bill Hemmer, Bret Baier, Brit Hume, Neil Cavuto, Ed Henry, Sandra Smith, Heather Childers, Jon Scott, Eric Shawn, Trace Gallagher... In fact I don't watch Tucker, Hannity, or Levin (their opinion shows).

The bottom line is, the left is not longer somewhat silent about how they really feel. I tend to think they came out of their closet of contempt when Hillary unashamedly called Trump voters 'deplorable'.

Spitfire

another clueless idiot ....... the Gov of Iran has been authoritarian in one form or another since 1979

Greetings:

By that measure you could say that our government has been authoritarian since, maybe forever. There are various degrees of authoritarian, there’s right authoritarian and left authoritarian.

In fact, you as much said the exact same thing by adding “in one form or another.” The person to whom vrailblond replied was correct - the nation took a more authoritarian bent in the 2000s.

All the ad hominem attacks aren’t going to change that.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Look, this country has zero appetite for another war in the Middle East, period.

If Trump doesn’t keep this under control we’re looking at Binden or Bloomberg in 2020, I’m not wild about either.

I really liked the president’s speech, he is doing an excellent job keeping the situation under control...keep it up Mr. President!

...bye bye Biden 😂

PsyOps

Pixelated
Greetings:

By that measure you could say that our government has been authoritarian since, maybe forever. There are various degrees of authoritarian, there’s right authoritarian and left authoritarian.

In fact, you as much said the exact same thing by adding “in one form or another.” The person to whom vrailblond replied was correct - the nation took a more authoritarian bent in the 2000s.

All the ad hominem attacks aren’t going to change that.

Our government has shown authoritarian tendencies, but it has hardly ever really become one in a general sense. For example, Obamacare was an authoritative act by forcing every American to participate in a specific marketplace, and adhere to government-mandated laws while participating. But, because the people still had the power to elect those people out, balance is restored through our participation in the political process.

Our form of government places the power in the peoples' hands to decide who stays and who goes in our government. Authoritarian governments don't allow this sort of power to the people. An authoritarian government doesn't have to adhere to a constitution. They can pretty-much do what they want, pass laws at will, and trample on the peoples' rights at will.

So, while you may be right in some specific instances, generally speaking you are wrong - we do not have an authoritarian government.

Midnightrider

OMG... you didn't even watch the video did you? Just post a one-liner and that's your narrative. You're exactly what you accuse me of doing. That video never once reported that Soleimani was a terrorist. They did manage to state what other have called him, but the reporters themselves, and the network decided they would just default to a softer level of reporting and just let others speak for them.

So now you have gone from being outraged that they were praising him all the way to ‘they didn’t call him a terrorist in the right way’. Your outrage was manufactured by fox and you refuse to let reality taint your view. That despite the fact that, now that you actually watched the full video, you see they describe him as being responsible for killing hundreds of Americans and thousands of others AND that he has been designated a terrorist. Exactly zero ‘praise’ for him, zero.

this is exactly Why I don’t watch spun up videos like the one in your OP.

PsyOps

Pixelated
So now you have gone from being outraged that they were praising him all the way to ‘they didn’t call him a terrorist in the right way’. Your outrage was manufactured by fox and you refuse to let reality taint your view. That despite the fact that, now that you actually watched the full video, you see they describe him as being responsible for killing hundreds of Americans and thousands of others AND that he has been designated a terrorist. Exactly zero ‘praise’ for him, zero.

this is exactly Why I don’t watch spun up videos like the one in your OP.

I'm outraged that people like you would defend such language that would disparage a president who removed another terrorist threat from this world, while at the same time praise the terrorist. Although, I'm surprised in the least.

BOP

yeah we do ..... France reprocess the spent rods 90% only 10 % waste

CARTER Banned Reprocessing
So France is good for something after all, while Carter, like leftists everywhere, remains a waste.

BOP

Unlike places like the Democratic Underground - we don't expel people just for having a different opinion.
I've been to liberal forums and I know what it's like to get a pile on for having a different opinion - but they don't kick me out.
They typically stop talking to me.

At that point, I just don't go back. I don't pretend to be someone else and do it all over again.
I've noticed most liberals (aka "leftists") are pretty masochistic. They do like to "top from the bottom," as they say in certain quarters, which makes them control freaks (but we knew that), which I think is a weird combination, but that's just me. Maybe it's not; maybe that's the norm for them. :sshrug:

Midnightrider

I'm outraged that people like you would defend such language that would disparage a president who removed another terrorist threat from this world, while at the same time praise the terrorist. Although, I'm surprised in the least.
So now they are back to praising terrorists?
Why let reality stand in the way of your fox induced fauxrage....

Hijinx

So France is good for something after all, while Carter, like leftists everywhere, remains a waste.

Let me ask a dumb question.

If Carter banned reprocessing, couldn't someone with the knowledge that France reprocesses change Carter's policy and start the reprocessing process?

PsyOps

Pixelated
So now they are back to praising terrorists?
Why let reality stand in the way of your fox induced fauxrage....

You're quite obsessed with this "fox" nonsense. I stated it before, Fox was the only network or news outlet that I was able to find the montage of reporters praising Soleimani and condemning Trump. All the other sources (sources you probably deem as credible) refuse to engage in such reporting. I even went as far as posting the actual videos from the networks where they were reported, and you still ran back to "your fox" this and "your fox" that. What a damn shame you have not one ounce of objectivity.