More online dating observations

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Well I did finally post a singles ad and even though I get tons of I want to meet you messages. I just am not the type to meet up with a stranger. Anyway I though I would post my completely honest description for all to have a good chuckle at. So here it is.

I find this part the most intimidating when describing ourselves, our wants and desires. I am a divorced mother with a 14 & 15 yr. old home full time. My last relationship was seven years that ended around April of 2013. I am not one of those people that says that "My kids are my life above anyone and anything else" but I am a good mother who is frequently busy attending to their needs. Years ago I would have stated all the ins and outs that I would want in a man but at this point just having a pulse is a good start. Other than a pulse, a job and your own place to live without your parents would be great. I am currently in College Full Time but I completely support myself and am quite self sufficient. I have a great sense of humor, I love most types of music and would be considered a quite social and somewhat talkative person. I am 43 years old. I would consider myself average in the looks department but I do clean up well. I am by no means a Skinny Minnie but I don't take up two seats anywhere. No offense intended but I have no desire to have long walks on the beach or spending hours hiking and enjoying the birds. I am a realist and I am pretty much a straight up person.

What I look for in you is a sense of humor, a good temperament, the ability to take care of yourself and your responsibilities. I do not wish to spend hours on end discussing the miserable details of your past relationships, I promise in return not to do the same. I do not have any objection to you having kids, however I will not spend extended time with your kids or have you spend time with mine unless we both have decided on pursuing a relationship beyond dating.

My last relationship was with a person who was home only 20-26 weeks a year due to his job. This should indicate that I am not only self sufficient but I do not have any objections if you travel a lot. I treasure my alone time, I just don't want to be alone all the time. If you think any of the above might interest you give me a shout. Until then Happy New Year.

mamatutu

mama to two
Well I did finally post a singles ad and even though I get tons of I want to meet you messages. I just am not the type to meet up with a stranger. Anyway I though I would post my completely honest description for all to have a good chuckle at. So here it is.

I find this part the most intimidating when describing ourselves, our wants and desires. I am a divorced mother with a 14 & 15 yr. old home full time. My last relationship was seven years that ended around April of 2013. I am not one of those people that says that "My kids are my life above anyone and anything else" but I am a good mother who is frequently busy attending to their needs. Years ago I would have stated all the ins and outs that I would want in a man but at this point just having a pulse is a good start. Other than a pulse, a job and your own place to live without your parents would be great. I am currently in College Full Time but I completely support myself and am quite self sufficient. I have a great sense of humor, I love most types of music and would be considered a quite social and somewhat talkative person. I am 43 years old. I would consider myself average in the looks department but I do clean up well. I am by no means a Skinny Minnie but I don't take up two seats anywhere. No offense intended but I have no desire to have long walks on the beach or spending hours hiking and enjoying the birds. I am a realist and I am pretty much a straight up person.

What I look for in you is a sense of humor, a good temperament, the ability to take care of yourself and your responsibilities. I do not wish to spend hours on end discussing the miserable details of your past relationships, I promise in return not to do the same. I do not have any objection to you having kids, however I will not spend extended time with your kids or have you spend time with mine unless we both have decided on pursuing a relationship beyond dating.

My last relationship was with a person who was home only 20-26 weeks a year due to his job. This should indicate that I am not only self sufficient but I do not have any objections if you travel a lot. I treasure my alone time, I just don't want to be alone all the time. If you think any of the above might interest you give me a shout. Until then Happy New Year.

Wow, Tiger, you are so brave to post this. More power to you. Back in the day, before internet dating sites, after 2 years of splitting from my ex, and wanting nothing to do with men, I put an ad in the WP personals. I met the man I am married to today through that resource. You are my heroine, and you will find the man of your dreams. :smile:

If you don't, there are a lot of dumdums out there. Good luck!

Last edited:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Wow, Tiger, you are so brave to post this. More power to you. Back in the day, before internet dating sites, after 2 years of splitting from my ex, and wanting nothing to do with men, I put an ad in the WP personals. I met the man I am married to today through that resource. You are my heroine, and you will find the man of your dreams. :smile:

If you don't, there are a lot of dumdums out there. Good luck!

I wouldn't say so much brave as seasoned. I also must say I have never been fond of those darn dumdum lollipops. I need something with a bit more substance like a charm pop or a blow pop. I am not a tootsie pop kind of gal those are kind of like sucking on a gobstopper.:whistle:

Hank

my war
I wouldn't say so much brave as seasoned. I also must say I have never been fond of those darn dumdum lollipops. I need something with a bit more substance like a charm pop or a blow pop. I am not a tootsie pop kind of gal those are kind of like sucking on a gobstopper.:whistle:

Can I give you some constructive criticism?

Delete everything that pertains to your last relationship. No straight dude wants to hear about it.

:buddies:

mamatutu

mama to two

:killingme A sense of humor is so important, and you definitely have that characteristic covered. You made me LOL! The man you end up with will be very lucky, indeed!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Can I give you some constructive criticism?

Delete everything that pertains to your last relationship. No straight dude wants to hear about it.

:buddies:

Well since he has posted here and still may read here,that would not really achieve your desired point. Oh wait, I forgot I worry about me first, my kids and my responsibilities first. Yes, I was honest about how I felt when I posted those thoughts but that is why this is the internet. I have no regrets only memories. So you don't worry about what I have previously posted. I promise I will own it all.

Have I somehow given you or anyone else the idea that I am creepin for a new man to make it all better?

Hank

my war
Well since he has posted here and still may read here,that would not really achieve your desired point. Oh wait, I forgot I worry about me first, my kids and my responsibilities first. Yes, I was honest about how I felt when I posted those thoughts but that is why this is the internet. I have no regrets only memories. So you don't worry about what I have previously posted. I promise I will own it all.

Have I somehow given you or anyone else the idea that I am creepin for a new man to make it all better?

Huh? I was commenting about your dating profile. Are you high?

mamatutu

mama to two

You are one of those people that walk the fine line between love and hate. I decided I love you! The forum wouldn't be the same without you! And, I have nothing against members/people that make me laugh. Laughter is a good thing! :love:

Hank

my war
You are one of those people that walk the fine line between love and hate. I decided I love you! The forum wouldn't be the same without you! And, I have nothing against members/people that make me laugh. Laughter is a good thing! :love:

Good thing that you are around to let everyone know who you love and hate. You are a god damn modern day fair warning system!!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

Maybe. :whistle: I find though that it is never really a good idea when that type of question is asked, to answer directly. I tend to think that people with common interests tend to find each other and then share their own common experiences. Would you not agree?

P.S. Not really looking for dates, I just did the ad after reading this thread as I thought brutal honesty is what Vrai was talking about.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two

Why do you always default to that comment, or this :party: or this :crazy: During all the time that you have been here under multiple names, why is it that you act out, Hankaroo? I am here for you, as always. The forum needs a :therapist: smilie. :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
at this point just having a pulse is a good start.

You should have no problem. :lol:

Seriously, I think the best results come from low expectations and having an open mind, which sounds more pessimistic than I mean it to. Most of the guys I went on Match dates with were relationship/husband material - just not for me. I'm still friendly and stay in touch with several of them.

Hank

my war
Why do you always default to that comment, or this :party: or this :crazy: During all the time that you have been here under multiple names, why is it that you act out, Hankaroo? I am here for you, as always. The forum needs a :therapist: smilie. :killingme

:crazy:

mamatutu

mama to two

Seriously, I think the best results come from low expectations and having an open mind, which sounds more pessimistic than I mean it to. Most of the guys I went on Match dates with were relationship/husband material - just not for me. I'm still friendly and stay in touch with several of them.

Actually, what you said sounds really healthy, and is good advice. I will say it again, my mother always said the guy/gal for you will come around the corner when you least expect it. I thought putting myself out in the WP ads was a joke, but I had to make some kind of leap of faith, or I was done for. You never know.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

I really just did it on a whim. I am so sick of reading or hearing that whole my kids are my whole life and I would die without them routine. To me if that is how you feel fine. Then either give up dating until the kiddies are grown or be aware I have boundaries. I have only ever dated one man with kids and that was DougsterMD and to this day I miss them more than him. I refused to meet his kids for 6 months. One thing I am beyond serious about is that I want no man in my life near my kids for more than a hello, nice to meet you, goodnight unless they are going to be a part of my life. If I shall be alone until then so be it.

Hank

my war
I really just did it on a whim. I am so sick of reading or hearing that whole my kids are my whole life and I would die without them routine. To me if that is how you feel fine. Then either give up dating until the kiddies are grown or be aware I have boundaries. I have only ever dated one man with kids and that was DougsterMD and to this day I miss them more than him. I refused to meet his kids for 6 months. One thing I am beyond serious about is that I want no man in my life near my kids for more than a hello, nice to meet you, goodnight unless they are going to be a part of my life. If I shall be alone until then so be it.

Didn't you date Luggy?

mamatutu

mama to two

I did the WP thing on a whim, and I totally get the part about the children. Damage control. But, then you have to deal with the children when a new man comes into your life. It is not easy, and there are so many that have to be appeased because of our pursuit of happiness. :huggy: