Mother's Day MSA

K

Katie

saddlesore said:
Hey, congrats! :yay:

BTW Katie: LOVED the pic of Ashton's face. He is just the kind of horse I'm looking for!! Are you sure you really want him?? [g]

OH no..he is my 4 legged baby. I went to the barn to groom him tonight. He was all over it.

S

saddlesore

Katie said:
OH no..he is my 4 legged baby. I went to the barn to groom him tonight. He was all over it.

You are a lucky girl! Give him a carrot from me . . .

K

Katie

saddlesore said:
You are a lucky girl! Give him a carrot from me . . .

I will ride him probably tomorrow night. HE loves the attention.

S

saddlesore

BZHorseMomE said:
That is to funny. From the Red Karma bandit. :) 05-14-2007 10:55 PM enough of the brown nosing

Yours was nicer than mine:
[You know about as much about anything as what comes out of a horse's rear...]

Of course I could take this 2 ways: Either I don't know sheeat about anything; OR (& this is my fav) perhaps I thoughtfully digest everything that comes into my mind before making comment. . . . :coffee:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
saddlesore said:
Yours was nicer than mine:
[You know about as much about anything as what comes out of a horse's rear...]

Of course I could take this 2 ways: Either I don't know sheeat about anything; OR (& this is my fav) perhaps I thoughtfully digest everything that comes into my mind before making comment. . . . :coffee:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Got to love the Karma givers. :lalala:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
SouthernMdRocks said:
Hmmmmm, BzMom, Em's Sadie is turning a little green with you liking PintoPaint!! :razz:

:lmao: :lmao: Just got it!! I still love that dun pony and her little grey buddy too. :huggy:

Last edited:

Loper

Animal Poor!
I absolutely LOVE Archer!! He looks just like my Jacob (well in better shape) :lmao: BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! What type of camera do you use? I'm just a begginer photographer myself and trying to get some experience, most of my pics on my site are just for fun! Keep the pics coming!!!!

2baymares

Loper said:
I absolutely LOVE Archer!! He looks just like my Jacob (well in better shape) :lmao: BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! What type of camera do you use? I'm just a begginer photographer myself and trying to get some experience, most of my pics on my site are just for fun! Keep the pics coming!!!!

Loper, you do well for beginner. BTW need a change of my avatar....get busy!! :lmao: :lmao:

Loper

Animal Poor!
2baymares said:
Loper, you do well for beginner. BTW need a change of my avatar....get busy!! :lmao: :lmao:

Get your 2 bay mares over to my place and I'll work on it for ya... :killingme

Loper

Animal Poor!
BZHorseMomE said:
Great pictures Loper. :howdy: Really enjoyed your picture gallery and nice website too. :yay:

Thanks! Just getting things together. Like Phxyius, I have several thousand pictures to go through and sometimes take too many pictures. :lmao:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Loper said:

I shoot Nikon, but when you're talking SLRs or dSLRs you can't go wrong with Nikon or Canon. Mine is the Nikon D50, now discontinued this was the entry level dSLR from Nikon, now replaced by it's little brother the D40. You could also upgrade to the Big brother D80. I hope to have a new body by this fall, but this was my first digital SLR and I wasn't sure what to expect coming from the world of film SLRs.

The lens is a big deal though and if you saw me at MSA you'd see that my little camera had a HUGE lens on it. It's focal length was only 70-200mm, but it's "fast", meaning it has a large aperature (opening to allow light in and fast shutter speeds and shallow depth of field). It also features Vibration Reduction which allows me to handhold the 3+pd lens without fear of camera shake and it also detects panning motion for slower shutter panning shots. So, while my camera only cost about $400 (now, was $600 when I got it), the lens was $1900.

Point and shoots are becoming more and more versatile though, so don't discount them. :) I'll check out your website tomorrow (I'm tired and have to get up early...yay!) :coffee:

changeling

Katie said:
NO he is not handsome AT all. :lmao:

Ashton is absolutely beautiful. It was nice meeting you. :howdy: I don't know if you remember me but we were the obnoxious/annoying group down the aisle from you watching "House" between classes. :jameo: I saw one of your classes and you guys are doing great. Keep up the good work. Will we see you next month? If so be sure to stop, have something to eat or drink and catch up on any missed episodes of "House". If you ever get up our way be sure to drop in. :flowers:

K

Katie

changeling said:
Ashton is absolutely beautiful. It was nice meeting you. :howdy: I don't know if you remember me but we were the obnoxious/annoying group down the aisle from you watching "House" between classes. :jameo: I saw one of your classes and you guys are doing great. Keep up the good work. Will we see you next month? If so be sure to stop, have something to eat or drink and catch up on any missed episodes of "House". If you ever get up our way be sure to drop in. :flowers:

I am going next month also. I am going to keep going every month, because the exposure to the show ring is what he needs. He keeps getting better and better each month. :huggy:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Phyxius said:
I shoot Nikon, but when you're talking SLRs or dSLRs you can't go wrong with Nikon or Canon. Mine is the Nikon D50, now discontinued this was the entry level dSLR from Nikon, now replaced by it's little brother the D40. You could also upgrade to the Big brother D80. I hope to have a new body by this fall, but this was my first digital SLR and I wasn't sure what to expect coming from the world of film SLRs.

The lens is a big deal though and if you saw me at MSA you'd see that my little camera had a HUGE lens on it. It's focal length was only 70-200mm, but it's "fast", meaning it has a large aperature (opening to allow light in and fast shutter speeds and shallow depth of field). It also features Vibration Reduction which allows me to handhold the 3+pd lens without fear of camera shake and it also detects panning motion for slower shutter panning shots. So, while my camera only cost about $400 (now, was $600 when I got it), the lens was $1900.

Point and shoots are becoming more and more versatile though, so don't discount them. :) I'll check out your website tomorrow (I'm tired and have to get up early...yay!) :coffee:

I have the Sony Cybershot SLR but it doesn't work well for me and I'm not sure why besides the fact it needs a good cleaning. I was looking for one that is smaller but that takes great clear action shots. So would you recommend the D40 Nikon and if so with what extra lens.

K

Katie

SouthernMdRocks said:
I have the Sony Cybershot SLR but it doesn't work well for me and I'm not sure why besides the fact it needs a good cleaning. I was looking for one that is smaller but that takes great clear action shots. So would you recommend the D40 Nikon and if so with what extra lens.

I had my camera with me, and left it in the bag.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
No offense to anyone with a Sony, as they are generally good quality, but you practically need a degree in engineering to get them to work. I would stick with either Canon or Nikon, just because they are the BEST at what they do. Olympus is catching on, I've never owned an SLR from Olympus, but they were my first and second point and shoot digital camera (back when 2.1 MP was a BIG deal).

I say go to a store like Ritz and ask to hold a couple and shoot some pictures in the store, get an idea for what feels better. Many people like the ergonomics of the Nikon over the Canon and likewise some people prefer the Canon menus. It all depends on what exactly you want. If you want side by side comparisions you should check out dpreview.com Of course, the views expressed are personal opinion, but it still gives you a pretty good break down on features and had side by side shot comparisions.

If you do end up buying a new camera check out B & H Photo/Video on-line. They have great prices, excellent customer service, and usually have a code for sales prices (these change by date, so let me know if you want it and I'll get the current one).

As for lenses for a show nothing beats the Nikkor 70-200mm F 2.8 VR (or for Canon the 70-200mm F 2.8 IS), but it's NOT cheap. Nikon makes a "cheap" telephoto, the 70-300mm 4 - 5.6. It's a sharp lens in good light, a little slower to focus than some of the big dollar lenses and has a tendency to have chromatic aberrations in REALLY bright, direct light (that blue halo). It's VERY easily fixed with a program or action created by photographer, Shay Stephens (I can give you the link to this too, if you want it). Nikon also introduced the 15-200 VR, it's an amazing versitile walk about lens and allows wide angle and telephoto shooting, but there is usually a waiting list for it.

Anyplace Farm

What's MSA Stand For?

Please tell the ol' VA gal what MSA stands for. Also, where is this show held. From the pictures, it looks like a nice facility.

I clearly need to get across the border a little more often.