Motorcycle Accident

BlueBird96

Sad.....only 1 mile until home....I hope I never feel that I dont have any other choice than to make a life ending decision. We all feel like "That will never happen to me" Unfortunatly, no one is immune...Have fun, be safe, pay attention, and God Bless.

BlueBird96

I am glad you respect the opinions of others here, that is a nice change for newbies. No one can talk you into riding or anything else. Riding has to be something you want to do. I agree with your quote, however I believe responsible riding is still relatively safe.

Thank you. Safe riding to you

BlueBird96

You guys - Gene was a happy person even when not drinking - Hyperactive - Grown, Giddy kid. Neither are here to defend themselves.....why dont you stop kicking while they are dead and buried. If you get something from this article, get that you should not do the same.
Tell people you know and love to be careful in the decisions they make....not critisize them with Murder. You need a productive hobby...not this BS where you hide behind a username and slam those who made the last mistake of there lives...The sting is felt, ok - the sting is real! Your salt at this table is not needed.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You guys - Gene was a happy person even when not drinking - Hyperactive - Grown, Giddy kid. Neither are here to defend themselves.....why dont you stop kicking while they are dead and buried. If you get something from this article, get that you should not do the same.
Tell people you know and love to be careful in the decisions they make....not critisize them with Murder. You need a productive hobby...not this BS where you hide behind a username and slam those who made the last mistake of there lives...The sting is felt, ok - the sting is real! Your salt at this table is not needed.

Tell people not be an idiot and drink and drive, or tell people not to kill the ones you love?

He needs to be raked across the coals, his stupity shown the light of day, so MAYBE the next idiot won't do it.

PsyOps

Pixelated

You are right about Gene. Always hyper, always upbeat, always ready to work. It seems he never rested. And he knew how to laugh at himself and along with others.

I would assume the other stuff, as true as it may be, be left alone. He's gone. Learn from it and move on.

BlueBird96

How is anyone to learn from if we don't talk about it??

You should talk about it, there is just this thing called Tact. The emotion behind your writing would fit the bill of someone who knows first hand the pain of losing someone to a similar situation. If that is the case then you know as well as I, the ones that do drink and drive WILL NOT HEAR YOU!!!
You can educate your community and people you care about, even those you don’t know and may touch...my point is....you don’t have to be so brutal with your approach.

Getting back to the above comment you left..."He needs to be raked across the coals, his stupity shown the light of day, so MAYBE the next idiot won't do it”

This is somewhere you can let your frustrations go….I realize that.
Again, it’s your approach…I came here to find out more details so I didn’t upset the family. They are all in a terrible place. I find myself having or should I say wanting to defend his memory…he was NOT an animal. He should have known better and I still can not believe that this is his memory, it overshadows so much that He and She did right through out there lives! It is sad to see people like you be so brash about there person, there character…they were more than a terrible accident that may have been avoided….if only Alcohol were not involved.

BlueBird96

You are right about Gene. Always hyper, always upbeat, always ready to work. It seems he never rested. And he knew how to laugh at himself and along with others.

I would assume the other stuff, as true as it may be, be left alone. He's gone. Learn from it and move on.

:buddies:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Turns out the driver had blood alcohol of .19 according to St Marys Today.
From St. Mary's Today:

According to police, Kay's blood alcohol content was nearly twice the legal limit at .19 while Lorenzo was over the legal limit at .08.

They're sticking to their normal high editorial standards. They don't even know that .19 is almost 2 1/2 times the limit, not nearly twice. Yet they seem to think there is a legal limit for a passenger, and it is lower than for the driver.

tommygun722

Tell people not be an idiot and drink and drive, or tell people not to kill the ones you love?

He needs to be raked across the coals, his stupity shown the light of day, so MAYBE the next idiot won't do it.

Don't we all make mistakes? I know I do. I've crossed over to the other lane while driving, I've fallen asleep at the wheel. People that drink and get loaded don't make good choices, to include all humans that partake.

How many times has a friend taken the keys so you couldn't go or a sober wife or friend was there to get you home safe. If you aren't someone that drinks, then have you ever drove tired? That is worse then driving drunk. Drunk driving is wrong, and so is driving while tired and driving while talking on the cell phone changing the radio station and or trying to light your cigarette. If you have never crossed the line, I applaud you, take my hat off to you and I believe you deserve some sort of award from the President of these United States.

For all you TIKI bar grand opening fans ... please spare me, there is a reason there are 4 Zillion cops near by.

Not getting caught doesn't make you more responsible.

BlueBird96

Don't we all make mistakes? I know I do. I've crossed over to the other lane while driving, I've fallen asleep at the wheel. People that drink and get loaded don't make good choices, to include all humans that partake.

How many times has a friend taken the keys so you couldn't go or a sober wife or friend was there to get you home safe. If you aren't someone that drinks, then have you ever drove tired? That is worse then driving drunk. Drunk driving is wrong, and so is driving while tired and driving while talking on the cell phone changing the radio station and or trying to light your cigarette. If you have never crossed the line, I applaud you, take my hat off to you and I believe you deserve some sort of award from the President of these United States.

For all you TIKI bar grand opening fans ... please spare me, there is a reason there are 4 Zillion cops near by.

Not getting caught doesn't make you more responsible.

Yes, we are all Human and no one is perfect. WELL SAID!
"Not getting caught doesn't make you more responsible" - Just D Lucky!