Motorcycle Accident

zoloft-er

See, I told you I didn't say bullets aren't effected by gravity. Thanks for making my point for me.:duel: SN Horn

Number_9 You will appreciate this.

My shots are clean
And my, my shots are final
My shots are deadly
And when it's done

You're as stiff as my smoking barrel
You're as dead as a desert night
You're a notch
And I'm a legend
You're at peace
And I must hide

Desperado Remember the 'Coop':yay:

Number_9

Number_9 You will appreciate this.

My shots are clean
And my, my shots are final
My shots are deadly
And when it's done

You're as stiff as my smoking barrel
You're as dead as a desert night
You're a notch
And I'm a legend
You're at peace
And I must hide

Desperado Remember the 'Coop':yay:

meetcha at the monkey bars:howdy:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I know what you're 'trying' to say. But, in your example the other bullet is fired from a gun. Therefore it travels some distance before it hits the ground. This takes time and there is no way it can hit the ground at the same time as the bullet dropped. Can this thought penetrate Tin?:killingme

See, I told you I didn't say bullets aren't effected by gravity. Thanks for making my point for me.:duel: SN Horn

Yes you did.
The only thing that would prevent them from reaching the ground at the same time is if one is not being effected by gravity.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
In your scenario the bullets will hit nearly at the same time, with velocity comes drag and with drag comes lift, thus the fired bullet will travel in a parabolic manner and impact after the dropped bullet.

Negative.

If the barrel is parallel to the ground, the bullet will never be higher then the barrel. What you think is the parabolic effect of the bullet is actually caused by the sights, especially evident in the M16. To line the sights of an m16 parallel to the ground, the barrel of the gun has to be slightly pointing up, this is why the bullet strikes the same spot on the paper at 25 meters and 200 meters (I may have the ranges incorrect, but you can zero an M16 at 300 meters, or at a much lesser range with the same outcome). The sight is parallel to ground, the rifle fires UP to the 25 meter target, apexes at about 100 - 150 meters, and impacts the same area of the target at 300 meters as the bullet is on the way down.

If there is ANY lift to the bullet due to it's rotation, it's negated by the downforce the rotation submits to the opposite side of the bullet. (reason a planes wing is not the same shape top and bottom).

now if the rotation was front to back, or back to front, and not side to side, MAYBE the bullet would rise due to heat and friction.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Is drag/lift equal around the entire circumference of the cylinder?

Yes, so if you have 'lift' due to the rotation on the bottom pushing the bullet up, you have 'lift' on the top of the bullet forcing it down.

Last edited:

willie

Yes, so if you have 'lift' due to the rotation on the bottom pushing the bullet up, you have 'lift' on the top of the bullet forcing it down.
Aim carefully.

Attachments

• polishpistol.jpg
    polishpistol.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 32

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
You said they would hit the ground the same TIME. Not when gravity would would effect them. So you and Gay White Guy better get your POO together before you spout off anymore ignorance. It seems you can read, but not comprehend! You need to remember what you posted, not what you think you posted. Tards of a feather...

can I get a whoo whoo whooo :whoosh::killingme

tommygun722

Good point

My comments were directed all riders. Maybe someone who is thinking of getting a bike that is bigger than them will read this thread and think twice.

AMEN! I hope a few read the thread and reconsider.

On another note, thank you for beating Dallas and Congrats on the Super Bowl victory.

BlueBird96

1. I'm very sorry this man made the decision to start riding bikes with one of the most powerful made and that it cost him and his companion's life.

2. Your husband's thought of getting a bike to ease the gas cost is an excellent idea. He should take the course at the community college. They provide a bike and if you pass you can get the "M" endorsement on your license.
I would highly recommend a scooter for folks that are only interested in commuting. The have good weather protection, automatic trans. and plenty of storage. A 250-400cc scooter will run at 235 traffic speeds and get 50+ mpg.

I know people that have died in cars, yet I still drive.
I know people that have drowned, yet I still swim.
I know people that have died in plane crashes, yet I still fly
I know people that have gotten food poisoning, yet I still eat.
What's different about a motorcycle?

Honestly, fear of no protection from others. I guess you could say im chicken squat. In the same respect, I have lost many friends male and female. My husband and I have three little girls. People are getting more and more irrational with there driving, that more than anything is why I get and have been anxious about bikes for years.

Thank you for the info as well as other food for thought, so to speak.

I still like the quote "Why tiptoe thru life only to arrive safely at death" however right now I may not tip toe but I will stroll as slowly as possible.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Honestly, fear of no protection from others. I guess you could say im chicken squat. In the same respect, I have lost many friends male and female. My husband and I have three little girls. People are getting more and more irrational with there driving, that more than anything is why I get and have been anxious about bikes for years.

Thank you for the info as well as other food for thought, so to speak.

I still like the quote "Why tiptoe thru life only to arrive safely at death" however right now I may not tip toe but I will stroll as slowly as possible.

I am glad you respect the opinions of others here, that is a nice change for newbies. No one can talk you into riding or anything else. Riding has to be something you want to do. I agree with your quote, however I believe responsible riding is still relatively safe.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Negative.

If the barrel is parallel to the ground, the bullet will never be higher then the barrel. What you think is the parabolic effect of the bullet is actually caused by the sights, especially evident in the M16. To line the sights of an m16 parallel to the ground, the barrel of the gun has to be slightly pointing up, this is why the bullet strikes the same spot on the paper at 25 meters and 200 meters (I may have the ranges incorrect, but you can zero an M16 at 300 meters, or at a much lesser range with the same outcome). The sight is parallel to ground, the rifle fires UP to the 25 meter target, apexes at about 100 - 150 meters, and impacts the same area of the target at 300 meters as the bullet is on the way down.

If there is ANY lift to the bullet due to it's rotation, it's negated by the downforce the rotation submits to the opposite side of the bullet. (reason a planes wing is not the same shape top and bottom).

now if the rotation was front to back, or back to front, and not side to side, MAYBE the bullet would rise due to heat and friction.

You are correct, 25 meters = 300 meters as far as zeroing goes, due to the barrel being pointed up at a slight angle.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

My main protection is paying attention to my surroundings.