Msa?

K

Katie

Eventer29 said:
Cant make it this weekend, doin some work here at the farm. if i had known they had jumper classes before a week ago we'd be going. We are going to the next Columbia horse center jumper show..we went to the last one, and though we all left our brains at home ( each of us forgot at least one course) we had fun. Where might these other circuits be? tell me more

I am showing on Sunday in the Green Hunter classes.

K

Katie

fredsaid2 said:
Actually you can 'have' his tail, remember Appy sells them!

I am probably going to get him one. I forgot my tape measure at home so I had nothing to measure him with. He is SUCH a goof ball. He was sleeping while getting his feet done.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Eventer29 said:
Cant make it this weekend, doin some work here at the farm. if i had known they had jumper classes before a week ago we'd be going. We are going to the next Columbia horse center jumper show..we went to the last one, and though we all left our brains at home ( each of us forgot at least one course) we had fun. Where might these other circuits be? tell me more

Hi Eventer,

Howard County Horse Show Association has some shows that offer Jumper classes. Check out www.hchsa.net. The have a show in Mt. Airy on May 6th that is offering Jumper Classes. The following weekend Frederick County Pony Clubs show on May 13th is offering Jumper classes. If you go to HCHSA website you can pull up the prize lists for all the shows for the season.

Also check out potomachorse.com. Potomac Horse Center is also having some Jumper shows.

Hope this helps and let us all know how you do. :howdy:

Eventer29

We've done the ones at Potomac before, they are pretty nice. A friend is trying to talk us into doing the howard county shows, so we might do some of them too. I'm thinking this will be a busy season.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Eventer29 said:
We've done the ones at Potomac before, they are pretty nice. A friend is trying to talk us into doing the howard county shows, so we might do some of them too. I'm thinking this will be a busy season.

Where are you located in Calvert???

I checked Baltimore County Horse Show Association, but they don't have Jumper classes. However they do hold many of there shows at McDonogh and they have some great show grounds!!!! Well worth the drive.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Winn Dixie said:
What more is there to say, if Sadie and her friend believe what they're saying, it is a sad world indeed for the young riders. And, Fred... it's easy to find legitimate trainers, just go to the various certification associations and you can find trainers/instructors in any area of the country. Riding experience is wonderful, but I don't want my child riding with anyone who isn't insured, tested and certified to teach. JMO. :howdy:
HAhAHA Most of the top hunter/jumper trainers I know teach by reputation not certification. Some of the certification programs are a joke to get your money, but if you are so concerned about the certification...make sure that the person who claims to be certified is actually still certified and at the level they claim. That is easy to check on, just call the company they say they are certified through. That is just checking references! Have them ride for you too. If they are going to teach you how to equitate over 3'6, then by God, they should be able to show you how! JMO If they are injured and can't show you (or some other excuse) have them show you old videos or pictures of them riding at that level. If you are paying big bucks for a trainer you want to make sure the trainer is not just a good talker, feeding you a bunch of BS. Riding EXPERIENCE should be at the TOP of anyone's priority list!
Insurance, on the other hand, protects the trainer from being sued and losing everything they have. I definitely don't mind having insurance. I just don't like being the ONLY one forced to have it to teach at a place when other instructors don't have to. That is just not right, but it sounds like that will no longer be an issue.
I certainly wouldn't want to take on a student that one of the parent's main concerns was insurance. I would feel like they would go out of their way to try to sue. There are way too many sue happy people around. I also make sure my students have medical insurance themselves. They are less likely to sue in case of injury. :elaine:

mingiz

Horse Poor
SouthernMdRocks said:
That's reminds me of some cream for sale, saw it in one of the horsey mags, I think it was called monkey butt... :lmao:

:lmao: Wisecrackin needs it for future use :lmao: