Msa?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I have to go take a shower and go to bed. I guess all the excitment is over, until tomorrow (at least for me). Remember it is all in good fun. Goodnight all. :bunny: :banana:

lsantagata79

lsantagata79 said:
OHH,:doh: my mistake...the first picture you posted (on my computer) he didn't look like an app. at all he looked solid sorrel with white patches, however in these pix it is blatently obvious!

He's a nice looking boy...for an appy. :razz: :evil: :poke:

From a QH gal to an App. girl...

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Darn I missed all the excitement today.

To bad some people have to take a simple silly post and twist it around. It's not like Sadielady is a novice rider. If she ever thought it would effect the other riders class as a professional she would pull up to the middle or excuse herself.

Unfortunately, there are always some riders either in the warm up ring or flat classes that haven't learned (or been taught) to be ring smart. Some have been taught to get on the rail and stay on the rail. If you go to Hunter Shows it is not the case. With some of the local shows classes being so large you need to make sure the judge gets to see you early on. IF YOU KEEP YOU EYES UP AND MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHATS GOING ON AROUND YOU THE CRAZY HORSES MORE THEN LIKELY SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE. It's when people space out during a class that accidents can happen. KIND OF LIKE A DRIVER GOING DOWN THE ROAD LOOKING STAIGHT AHEAD and CHANGING LANES WITHOUT USING THERE MIRRORS. Tunnel vision.

Last edited:

Wisecrackin"

If you have ever been in a "warm up pen" for a major (AQHA, ApHA or APHA) show you know you take your life into your own hands ....the Pros are the worst ones for slamming a horse into the ground and backing right into you without looking.. :lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Wisecrackin" said:
If you have ever been in a "warm up pen" for a major (AQHA, ApHA or APHA) show you know you take your life into your own hands ....the Pros are the worst ones for slamming a horse into the ground and backing right into you without looking.. :lmao:

I've only been to a few of the bigger AQHA shows, but I've seen what you mean about the warm up area. :jameo: :crazy: You definately don't want a bucking and racing WP horse. :lmao: Luckily Hunter under saddle classes you ride more forward and can cover it up a little easier.

lsantagata79

Wisecrackin" said:

Isn't that the truth :roflmao: For any of you that have been to the QH Congress you know what exactly what it's like...over 10,000 entries & 28 days long...tensions are high, lots of money & time at stake...people arent there to mess around & if you can't navigate the warm up you should probably just stay away for your own safety reasons!

K

Katie

I am going to need to learn the techniques of getting myself noticed, without making it look like I am doing it.

Showing here in MD is a lot more competitive than in Mass. OR I just notice it more as an adult than I did as a teenager. :lmao:

lsantagata79

BZHorseMomE said:
Darn I missed all the excitement today.

To bad some people have to take a simple silly post and twist it around. It's not like Sadielady is a novice rider. If she ever thought it would effect the other riders class as a professional she would pull up to the middle or excuse herself.

Unfortunately, there are always some riders either in the warm up ring or flat classes that haven't learned (or been taught) to be ring smart. Some have been taught to get on the rail and stay on the rail. If you go to Hunter Shows it is not the case. With some of the local shows classes being so large you need to make sure the judge gets to see you early on. IF YOU KEEP YOU EYES UP AND MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHATS GOING ON AROUND YOU THE CRAZY HORSES MORE THEN LIKELY SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE. It's when people space out during a class that accidents can happen. KIND OF LIKE A DRIVER GOING DOWN THE ROAD LOOKING STAIGHT AHEAD and CHANGING LANES WITHOUT USING THERE MIRRORS. Tunnel vision.

"Unfortunately, there are always some riders either in the warm up ring or flat classes that haven't learned (or been taught) to be ring smart."

You got it...we all know horses are just that...horses...& at any given moment the unexpected can happen. It is the responsibility of the trainer to teach/guide their students how to avoid the "cluster f**k" as best they can.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Katie said:
I am going to need to learn the techniques of getting myself noticed, without making it look like I am doing it.

Showing here in MD is a lot more competitive than in Mass. OR I just notice it more as an adult than I did as a teenager. :lmao:

Hi Katie, Whatcha doin up soooo late?? :howdy:

BZHorseMomE

Katie said:

No, you are right. You have some of the best horses & ponies in the country in many different disciplines here in Maryland and the surrounding states.

Hey if you think your horse is awesome then don't be afraid to get out there and let the judge see it. Now if you just do little 10 and 20 meter circle where the judge is you may need to be a little more subtle. :lmao:

BZHorseMomE

SouthernMdRocks said:
Almost :lmao: . Actually I was out sort of late working on Fancy's cuts. :howdy:

What a lousy place to have booboos. Hope she heals quickly and the weather stays cooler to keep down the flys.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
tallyhoe said:
WOW.... I missed it. This is why I joined to get involved. I am sure there will be more later. I'll wait. :popcorn:

What more is there to say, if Sadie and her friend believe what they're saying, it is a sad world indeed for the young riders. And, Fred... it's easy to find legitimate trainers, just go to the various certification associations and you can find trainers/instructors in any area of the country. Riding experience is wonderful, but I don't want my child riding with anyone who isn't insured, tested and certified to teach. JMO. :howdy:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
lsantagata79 said:
No we are different people...if you would like SaidieLady's resume you'll have to ask her. As for my profession/circuit....

Professional Horse Trainer & Farm Manager for 10+ years in the AQHA circuit

•President - MeQHYA 1997
•1997 Hi Point Youth Champion Western Horsemanship – State of Maine
•1997 Reserve Youth Champion Western Pleasure – State of Maine
•1997 Top Ten Rookie of the Year for AQHA – National
•1999 Member of University of Findlay Intercollegiate Riding Team
•Member of American Quarter Horses Association
•Recruited my freshman year of college by Guy Stoops – World Champion, Reserve World Champion, Multiple Congress Champions & Reserve Champions, AQHA & NSBA Judge.

Personally backed by AQHA Hall of Fame member Clark Bradley & Alex Ross who both serve on the AQHA Executive Judges Committee

(Assisted in training of both horse and client)
•3 All American Quarter Horses Congress Champion’s
•3 All American Quarter Horse Congress Reserve Champion’s
•2 All American Quarter Horses Congress Top Ten
•7 Hi Point Champion & Reserve Hi Point Champion MeQHA
•3 Rookie of the Year Titles- AQHA

I could go on but I think that's enough information to get you started...Thanks for asking ;-)

Wow, I'm starting to feel like a real amateur now!!! :howdy: :lmao:
I wish I had done the show thing years ago.