My baby hedgehog was put to sleep yesterday.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You've got that right. I wonder why? How in the world does it make people feel good to be mean to someone who lost a little friend?

No clue. Some subjects are off limits for "bashing" and the death of a pet is one of them...whether anyone likes you or not. Hell, ItsBob just lost a dog not that long ago so I'm sure he knows how hard it is...and I'd imagine a lot of others that have commented have known that pain as well.

Mojo

No clue. Some subjects are off limits for "bashing" and the death of a pet is one of them...whether anyone likes you or not. Hell, ItsBob just lost a dog not that long ago so I'm sure he knows how hard it is...and I'd imagine a lot of others that have commented have known that pain as well.

Losing a dog that you have owned for years and years aka mans best friend, is a little different than owning a Hedgehog for 6 months.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Losing a dog that you have owned for years and years aka mans best friend, is a little different than owning a Hedgehog for 6 months.

Perhaps to you, but it's not that way to everyone. I was given a litter of 4 very sick, orphan kittens last year. I had them less than 24 hours and had to have the smallest one euthanized. It was very hard to do and I was very upset...but that's me.

You, Mojo, do not have the right or ability to judge how a person you do not know feels about anything. I suppose you think your comments are cute or funny but it is inappropriate and cruel to find humor in someone else's pain just because you don't understand that pain.

HunterJJD

Perhaps to you, but it's not that way to everyone. I was given a litter of 4 very sick, orphan kittens last year. I had them less than 24 hours and had to have the smallest one euthanized. It was very hard to do and I was very upset...but that's me.

You, Mojo, do not have the right or ability to judge how a person you do not know feels about anything. I suppose you think your comments are cute or funny but it is inappropriate and cruel to find humor in someone else's pain just because you don't understand that pain.

Morn to user self.

Post on the internet to be attacked or made fun of or anything else

Mojo

Well, as you know by now, when you put something on a public forum, you are going to get lots of different responses. Not just ones that you want to hear. I mean really, why would anyone give a crap if a bunch of strangers feel sorry for them? I guess I just don't understand that logic.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Well, as you know by now, when you put something on a public forum, you are going to get lots of different responses. Not just ones that you want to hear. I mean really, why would anyone give a crap if a bunch of strangers feel sorry for them?

Agreed, and in some instances, posting personal "stuff" is a bit much. But others have posted about the death of a pet and received support. I believe Mousebaby thought perhaps people would treat her the same.

I guess I just don't understand that logic.

And I don't understand the logic behind a person deliberately posting something just to be mean.

Mojo

Agreed, and in some instances, posting personal "stuff" is a bit much. But others have posted about the death of a pet and received support. I believe Mousebaby thought perhaps people would treat her the same.

And I don't understand the logic behind a person deliberately posting something just to be mean.

I guess I don't see it as mean, I see it as funny :shrug:. She has posted so many "feel sorry for me threads", that I think people have a hard time taking her seriously.

TheJudge

she wanted attention and she got it.

with all the time she has to sit and around and do nothing it is her own fault she can't come up with a better way to beg for attention without coming across as a whiner

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I guess I don't see it as mean, I see it as funny :shrug:. She has posted so many "feel sorry for me threads", that I think people have a hard time taking her seriously.

Like I said, I agree in part. I just don't find the death of a pet, any pet, to be an opportunity to be funny.

:coffee:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

It's how she went about it, whining for cyber hugs. It's not like a lifeling companion and family member like a cat or dog. It'sa freakin' hedgehog.
I'll bet she cries when she impales a worm on a hook to fish.

How easy is it to say....R.I.P. My little hedgie died...without all the hysterical, cyber drama?

Mojo

It's how she went about it, whining for cyber hugs. It's not like a lifeling companion and family member like a cat or dog. It'sa freakin' hedgehog.
I'll bet she cries when she impales a worm on a hook to fish.

How easy is it to say....R.I.P. My little hedgie died...without all the hysterical, cyber drama?

:love:

jetmonkey

Me neither.
:yeahthat: This little hedgehog was part of our family and is no different than a cat or dog. We loved her very much. I don't understand how you guys can be so heartless.

Attachments

• ron-jeremy.jpg
    ron-jeremy.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 69