My blind boxer girl

KDENISE977

How cute this picture is.!! Any good news to share?

I really can't tell... either she's beginning to see light or shadows or getting really good at walking around?? this morning she flinched when I got sort of close to her face whereas before you could basically poke her IN the eye and she'd not blink until you hit her whiskers or lashes. :shrug: I'm hoping we are seeing signs of improvement, but that could also be our wishful thinking ??? The steroids are kicking in for sure now....she pee'd EVERYWHERE yesterday !! Vet said 3-5 days and this is day 4 so FINGERS crossed when I get home from work...

Roman

I really can't tell... either she's beginning to see light or shadows or getting really good at walking around?? this morning she flinched when I got sort of close to her face whereas before you could basically poke her IN the eye and she'd not blink until you hit her whiskers or lashes. :shrug: I'm hoping we are seeing signs of improvement, but that could also be our wishful thinking ??? The steroids are kicking in for sure now....she pee'd EVERYWHERE yesterday !! Vet said 3-5 days and this is day 4 so FINGERS crossed when I get home from work...
This sounds pretty good. Don't get too upset if there is no change beyond the 3 to 5 days. It might take longer, just try to be patient. Easier said, than done. But fingers crossed!

luvmygdaughters

Hopefully that's a good sign!!! Love the pictures of the two of them. Remind of two little kids who cant go out to play. Please let us know how she does.

KDENISE977

Any news yet?

I have no idea, I don't see any changes. I think she's just adapting, I can't tell :bawl: This was day 5 of her meds and instructions tell us to start stepping DOWN on the prednisone, but I don't want to because she's not better yet. and she's PEEING EVERYWHERE.... I know it comes with the pred. but it's bad. I need her to see the vet again. I'm trying to stay positive, but I keep telling my husband, I don't see a change in her...only her attitude which is great !! She'll follow me with her head as I walk around the room, but not really with her eyes.

Roman

Sorry to read that there is no new news. Even more sorry that you are going through this. How many more days of the Prednisone will she be on? The reason I ask, is because you might see some changes a few days after the medicine is gone. Once she is off of the medicine, she will stop peeing a lot, and she might be OK sight-wise. I truly wish I could help.

KDENISE977

Sorry to read that there is no new news. Even more sorry that you are going through this. How many more days of the Prednisone will she be on? The reason I ask, is because you might see some changes a few days after the medicine is gone. Once she is off of the medicine, she will stop peeing a lot, and she might be OK sight-wise. I truly wish I could help.

She is in a 14 day prednisone cycle. Today is the first day of a lower dose. Only one pill today vs two over the past five days. I'm still thinking there was some improvement like she may see a little but it sort of stops at "a little"

frequentflier

happy to be living
She is in a 14 day prednisone cycle. Today is the first day of a lower dose. Only one pill today vs two over the past five days. I'm still thinking there was some improvement like she may see a little but it sort of stops at "a little"

I sincerely hope everything turns out well for you and your fur child :huggy:

KDENISE977

I sincerely hope everything turns out well for you and your fur child :huggy:
FF does your store sell any of the "I'm blind"vests or anything like that ??

I've been outside with her for a few hours and she really can't see. I'm not sure if she has 0 or 10%. She's very alert and happy which is my main concern. We have installed long lines in the front ad back of our house till we figure all this out. This afternoon we are basking In the sunlight.

Roman

I've been outside with her for a few hours and she really can't see. I'm not sure if she has 0 or 10%. She's very alert and happy which is my main concern. We have installed long lines in the front ad back of our house till we figure all this out. This afternoon we are basking In the sunlight.
Basking in the sun is always nice. I can give you Pepper's Pet Pantry number, and you can call them. You can always put a light-weight tether on the pups, and they will soon get use to it. Pepper's # (410) 326-4006. They're open until 5 PM both Saturday & Sunday.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:huggy: Today's good day for that. If it turns out she is blind as long as your dog is happy - that will be the best medicine! *fingers still crossed*

KDENISE977

Basking in the sun is always nice. I can give you Pepper's Pet Pantry number, and you can call them. You can always put a light-weight tether on the pups, and they will soon get use to it. Pepper's # (410) 326-4006. They're open until 5 PM both Saturday & Sunday.

Thank you for everything !!!

KDENISE977

Attachments

• image-504515440.jpg
    image-504515440.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 361

frequentflier

happy to be living

I wouldn't even know where to get anything like that, KDENISE. You may want to ask the vet you are taking to. Or contact Pets With Disabilities; the group that deals with *handicapped* canines. www.petswithdisabilities.org

frequentflier

happy to be living
Our Chihuahua mix, Sophie had SARD and we opted to have her eyeballs removed and replaced with prosthetic eyes. Though permanently shut, she still was very expressive with her eyebrows and expressions. She was blind for a few years before we lost her. She adjusted to her blindness- it never broke her spirit. It slowed her down some and routine was important as well as keeping an eye on her; particularly because we had a lot of stairs in our last home.

Roman

Our Chihuahua mix, Sophie had SARD and we opted to have her eyeballs removed and replaced with prosthetic eyes. Though permanently shut, she still was very expressive with her eyebrows and expressions. She was blind for a few years before we lost her. She adjusted to her blindness- it never broke her spirit. It slowed her down some and routine was important as well as keeping an eye on her; particularly because we had a lot of stairs in our last home.
Sophie seemed so much healthier after the surgery. She even seemed happier. She was such a cutie-pie. I think she adjusted very well, considering she was older. Her other pup siblings were her seeing eye dogs.

luvmygdaughters

She is such a beautiful girl. So sorry the meds are not working but if her attitude is happy and well adjusted, she will probably adapt quicker than you. So Sorry.