My rant against Republicans

itsbob

I bowl overhand
valentino said:
Depends on if you count the soldiers, and the ones that are injured for life, mentally or physically and would rather be dead. I was talking to someone about a young man who just returned from Iraq, and cannot drive down the road locally because there are too many cars and simple noises make him crazy. That to me seems like a simple act, but he can no longer perform it, which makes the simplicity of just coming home and everything being okay so much different.

I do not disagree with why they are there after the fact, but they would not be there if we were not there, and obviously the Iraqi army is not prepared to take them on alone, so that leaves us, in a war that we never thought we would have to fight so long on the ground. We seem to be sitting ducks in a sense because they know their own land well better than we do, and again, small numbers can take out many.
We've lost how many Americans in Iraq?? how many did we lose in ONE day on 9/11?

How many more days like that would you need before you say, Yep, something needs to be done?

They would not be in Iraq if we were not there? Ok, where would they be? Still in Iran and Syria training for their next attacks here.. doesn't matter where we are, they are going to find us and try to kill us. I for one would much rather it be there on their ground, then here.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
itsbob said:
They would not be in Iraq if we were not there? Ok, where would they be? Still in Iran and Syria training for their next attacks here.. doesn't matter where we are, they are going to find us and try to kill us. I for one would much rather it be there on their ground, then here.
Why don't folks understand this. The U.S. and it's citizens are (to them) the cause of ALL corruption and evil in the world. The ONLY way to make the world a better place it to destroy us and our way of life so it's either a M1 blasting Bin Lootin and Bin Bombin in Bagdad or they'll be making IEDs in Brooklyn.
Either way is good for them, I prefer the former.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
valentino said:
It was actually "2nd Amendment" that said he wanted to teach me a karate lesson...and someone else wanted show me the business end of a AK-47...
Yes, it was and please accept my apology. I may not like the election results or your political leanings, but in truth, I would defend your right to them. I would not beat you or shoot you over your opinions. If someones threatens my family, friends, or freedoms, that is another matter; they would be on the receiving end of the best I could deliver.

I was a Democrap at one point in my life; voted for Jimmy Carter. Was that a mistake. Worst President ever in my opinion. I like to think I grew up, but I obviously still suffer from temper tantrums.

I am neither Democrap nor Republican (registered as one) at heart; I am a strict constructionist. I guess that makes me a conservative's conservative.

Anyway, please forgive my outburst.

IrishGal

Stretch's Mom
2ndAmendment said:

Awww... 2A, you're human. I know you didn't say it to me, but if it helps, I understand your frustration and dark feelings...and I forgive you. :huggy:

Severa

Common sense ain't common
2ndAmendment said:
Yes, it was and please accept my apology. I may not like the election results or your political leanings, but in truth, I would defend your right to them. I would not beat you or shoot you over your opinions. If someones threatens my family, friends, or freedoms, that is another matter; they would be on the receiving end of the best I could deliver.

I was a Democrap at one point in my life; voted for Jimmy Carter. Was that a mistake. Worst President ever in my opinion. I like to think I grew up, but I obviously still suffer from temper tantrums.

I am neither Democrap nor Republican (registered as one) at heart; I am a strict constructionist. I guess that makes me a conservative's conservative.

Ooooh man, I have to tell this story to you guys. I had a meeting at my sons school today (he's autistic, and we were discussing the results of his latest evaluations) and after the meeting the school psychologist and I were talking about my husband's prior Navy service. When I mentioned that my husband served on submarines, she says 'Oh you mean like Jimmy Carter? Ah Jimmy Carter's my hero'

I was stunned. Now I turn 30 on the 24th so Carter's a little before my time, but I've heard nothing but horrid things about his presidency. But I was nice and just smiled and nodded at her. I just couldn't believe what I had just heard.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Severa said:
Ooooh man, I have to tell this story to you guys. I had a meeting at my sons school today (he's autistic, and we were discussing the results of his latest evaluations) and after the meeting the school psychologist and I were talking about my husband's prior Navy service. When I mentioned that my husband served on submarines, she says 'Oh you mean like Jimmy Carter? Ah Jimmy Carter's my hero'
:killingme

And everyone wonders why I didn't do well in counseling. :lol:

Pete

Repete
Severa said:

I was stunned. Now I turn 30 on the 24th so Carter's a little before my time, but I've heard nothing but horrid things about his presidency. But I was nice and just smiled and nodded at her. I just couldn't believe what I had just heard.
I would remove my child from that school immediately.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Pete said:
I would remove my child from that school immediately.

We're working on that actually, like the tagline says I'm moving to MD very soon. Any recommendations on elementary schools in the St. Mary's county area would be greatly appreciated. :lmao: