"My Ring is Bigger than Yours"

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
K_Jo said:
In Welsh mythology, Gwydion is a magicianette appearing prominently in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi and the ancient poem Cad Goddeu. She is the sister of Gilfaethwy and Arianrhod, and the niece of Math fab Mathonwy. In the Mabinogion she is called the daughter of the goddess Dôn, making it likely she is an euhemerized god or demi-god. The name Gwydion means 'To Speak Girly Poetry'.
:lol: good job! :love:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
CRoyal said:
It's all about priorities. In many people's head's, things like jewelry should come AFTER stability with a home, car, and other things. I guess your family taught you that jewlery is a priority
And to play devil's advocate, many people are already financially stable and established and don't need to save for a home because they already have one. Or they can afford all that and the big ring, and don't have to pick and choose. :shrug: As long as they aren't eating Ramen noodles every day for the next six years so she can wear that big ring, I don't see what the problem is.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
K_Jo said:
In Welsh mythology, Gwydion is a magicianette appearing prominently in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi and the ancient poem Cad Goddeu. She is the sister of Gilfaethwy and Arianrhod, and the niece of Math fab Mathonwy. In the Mabinogion she is called the daughter of the goddess Dôn, making it likely she is an euhemerized god or demi-god. The name Gwydion means 'To Speak Girly Poetry'.
:killingme

GeezLouise

tired and content....
Nickel said:
And to play devil's advocate, many people are already financially stable and established and don't need to save for a home because they already have one. Or they can afford all that and the big ring, and don't have to pick and choose. :shrug: As long as they aren't eating Ramen noodles every day for the next six years so she can wear that big ring, I don't see what the problem is.

:yay:

Gwydion

K_Jo said:

I feel bad you spent time doing all that. :rollseyes:

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
Nickel said:

It's true. I agree.
It's the emphasis on the ring that I saw that really set me off.. I just find it impossible to see the importance of it. There are materialistic people out there, no doubt..We all want a nice car and something to show off, but to make it over a symbol of love and commitment just seems so wrong. No matter how much you like jewlery.

Gwydion

mv_princess said:

In Welsh mythology, Gwydion is a magician appearing prominently in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi and the ancient poem Cad Goddeu. He is the brother of Gilfaethwy and Arianrhod, and the nephew of Math fab Mathonwy. In the Mabinogion he is called the son of the goddess Dôn, making it likely he is an euhemerized god or demi-god. The name Gwydion means 'To Speak Poetry'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwydion

/sigh next time look into something before attempting to reply.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Gwydion said:
In Welsh mythology, Gwydion is a magician appearing prominently in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi and the ancient poem Cad Goddeu. He is the brother of Gilfaethwy and Arianrhod, and the nephew of Math fab Mathonwy. In the Mabinogion he is called the son of the goddess Dôn, making it likely he is an euhemerized god or demi-god. The name Gwydion means 'To Speak Poetry'.

Joke ruiner. :duh:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Gwydion said:

Didn't you and I already have this conversation about your name? You chose the name of a rapist in mythology. Nothing in my opinion to be proud of.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
migtig said:
Didn't you and I already have this conversation about your name? You chose the name of a rapist in mythology. Nothing in my opinion to be proud of.
Rapist like LL Cool J or the bad kind? :shocking:

Gwydion

migtig said:
Aye. Unfortunately when looking at mythology or religion for that matter, it is difficult to choose a person whom has not done anything wrong, miright? So instead of choosing an overplayed name, I opted for one that is lesser known. /shrug

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Gwydion said:

Next time you should try to lighten up a bit.