"My Ring is Bigger than Yours"

Redskinsmama

CRoyal said:
It's all about priorities. In many people's head's, things like jewelry should come AFTER stability with a home, car, and other things. I guess your family taught you that jewlery is a priority

i have stability without a man. and yes, jewelry is a priority to me.

Cowgirl

This ring thing brings up another good question. If you break up before the wedding, do you give the ring back to him?

I say YES, always give it back.

:popcorn:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Cowgirl said:
This ring thing brings up another good question. If you break up before the wedding, do you give the ring back to him?

Yes, unless you broke up because he cheated on you. Then you get to keep it and burn all his stuff.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Cowgirl said:

I did. I tried to give my ex husband his back as well but he wouldn't take it.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Cowgirl said:

Depends on what the break up is over. Lets say he cheated. HELL no he don't get #### back.
If we break up b/c it just isn't there any more, then yes he can have the ring back.

Redskinsmama

CRoyal said:
It's true. I agree.
It's the emphasis on the ring that I saw that really set me off.. I just find it impossible to see the importance of it. There are materialistic people out there, no doubt..We all want a nice car and something to show off, but to make it over a symbol of love and commitment just seems so wrong. No matter how much you like jewlery.

seriously? why would you care that someone wants a big engagement ring? You don't mind that people buy mansions and drive hummers to show off, but a woman with a big engagement ring means she doesn't take love and commitment seriously? I don't want a huge house...give me enough room to lay my head and i'm set...don't need a new car...just something to get me from point A to B.....but since i've picked a materialistic item that doesn't fit in your realm of what's ok, that's wrong?

Toxick

Splat
CRoyal said:
What the hell is going on? Why is this huge burden put on the man to get some amazing piece of jewelry that is already overpriced?

Since women don't have penises, this is what they've settle on to compare sizes amongst themselves to see who is the better person.

That, and who has more shoes.

Redskinsmama

Cowgirl said:

of course...i'm in agreeance with the ladies though....you cheat and it's mine FOREVER!!! i'd have that ring melted into something fabulous.

Cowgirl

Redskinsmama said:
of course...i'm in agreeance with the ladies though....you cheat and it's mine FOREVER!!! i'd have that ring melted into something fabulous.

Yeah, but if he cheated, I wouldn't want that stupid ring anyways. Well, maybe I'd sell it and use the money to buy something nice for myself.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Toxick said:
Since women don't have penises, this is what they've settle on to compare sizes amongst themselves to see who is the better person.

That, and who has more shoes.

"My Ring is Bigger... 08-15-2007 02:40 PM your a ho

I must have more shoes then my karma giver. :lol:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Cowgirl said:
Yeah, but if he cheated, I wouldn't want that stupid ring anyways. Well, maybe I'd sell it and use the money to buy something nice for myself.

That's why he wouldn't get it back! I could go buy a nice pair of shoes.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
Redskinsmama said:
seriously? why would you care that someone wants a big <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=engagement%20ring" onmouseover="window.status='engagement ring'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">engagement ring</a>? You don't mind that people buy mansions and drive hummers to show off, but a woman with a big engagement ring means she doesn't take love and commitment seriously? I don't want a huge house...give me enough room to lay my head and i'm set...don't need a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=new%20car" onmouseover="window.status='new car'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">new car</a>...just something to get me from point A to B.....but since i've picked a materialistic item that doesn't fit in your realm of what's ok, that's wrong?

It's about what it symbolizes. Like Christmas.. totally material now. An engagement ring is about everything but how much and how big. Clearly we have opposite views on the issue. . I just hope your future/current man sees yours so that you get the ring you lust after.