"My Ring is Bigger than Yours"

Redskinsmama

K_Jo said:
:bs: I gave my husband an engagement watch. :diva:

touche! so are we saying that after i get my engagement ring, then my fiance is going to tell me that he wants one? how would i know i'm getting engaged when it's a surprise?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
When we got married, all hubby could afford was a wedding set that was a total of .25 carots. I thought it was the greatest thing and showed it to everyone. I wore it proudly for 22 years. 22 years later, I looked down one day and the diamond was gone. He replaced it with a much bigger rock, but not gawdy. He/we went for clarity, etc. It's beautiful to me.

Course, he also buys me bigger and bigger motorcycles. :lmao:

Redskinsmama

BS Gal said:
When we got married, all hubby could afford was a wedding set that was a total of .25 carots. I thought it was the greatest thing and showed it to everyone. I wore it proudly for 22 years. 22 years later, I looked down one day and the diamond was gone. He replaced it with a much bigger rock, but not gawdy. He/we went for clarity, etc. It's beautiful to me.

As you should where it proudly, i'm not saying that a smaller diamond is bad, it's just not my taste.

M

Mousebaby

BS Gal said:

:huggy: That would have crushed me! I am very sentimental. I would have been crying for days! A bigger one would have been a nice thought, but it could never replace the huge hole that was left by losing the other one. :bawl:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
pixiegirl said:
So did k_jo's. I had to give him his parting gift. :razz: :lmao:
:yeahthat: Now all I hear is, "Pixie doesn't gag," "Pixie doesn't use her teeth," "Pixie can do it with both hands tied behind her back..." :blahblah: :rolleyes:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
Day got a pair of "groom" Crocs. :smile:
One of my guy friends just got back from a trip to Denver. He said, "I bought Gators for me and the kids." I was like, "Gators? WTF is that?" Then it hit me. :doh: :lmao:

Gwydion

Geek said:
The girly screen name and the dancing penguin with PINK sunglasses is saying otherwise :shrug:

I assume you are referencing me. Do yourself a favor and google Gwydion. And I think a dancing penguin rocks compared to forcing a childhood figure into a slut. /shrug

Cowgirl

Gwydion said:
I assume you are referencing me. Do yourself a favor and google Gwydion. And I think a dancing penguin rocks compared to forcing a childhood figure into a slut. /shrug

C'mon...most childhood figures are sluts. :shrug:

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
Redskinsmama said:
I personally want a big <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=engagement%20ring" onmouseover="window.status='engagement ring'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">engagement ring</a>. Call me materialistic if you want, but jewelry has been my number one passion since i could walk. My family does not pass down furniture as heirlooms, we pass down jewelry. I don't want my engagement ring to be like any other piece of jewelry i own. Kudos for most of you out there that would rather have houses, etc. but that ain't me babe, no no no it ain't meeee babe! I would not go around waving my engagement ring around to make people jealous, nor would i cry if my friend had a bigger ring, but for me, the engagement ring is the single most important piece of jewelry and woman will ever own, and i want mine to be amazing.

on a similar, but different topic....

what about people that throw lavish weddings? what do we think about this?

or people that spend $50K on a car?

where's the outrage?

It's all about priorities. In many people's head's, things like jewelry should come AFTER stability with a home, car, and other things. I guess your family taught you that jewlery is a priority

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Gwydion said:
You should've seen her yesterday when her cooter was all raw and irritated! :faint:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
In Welsh mythology, Gwydion is a magicianette appearing prominently in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi and the ancient poem Cad Goddeu. She is the sister of Gilfaethwy and Arianrhod, and the niece of Math fab Mathonwy. In the Mabinogion she is called the daughter of the goddess Dôn, making it likely she is an euhemerized god or demi-god. The name Gwydion means 'To Speak Girly Poetry'.