New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

David

Opinions are my own...
Staff member
PREMO Member
St. Mary's Marketplace Signs Two New Tenants

(April 04, 2019) Baltimore-based developer Klein Enterprises announced today that Mezeh Mediterranean Grill and Righttime Medical Care, a 24-hour urgent care center, have signed leases at St. Mary's Marketplace in California, Md. The shopping center is home to Harris Teeter, Bay Country Liquors, Café Rio, Great Clips, Mod Pizza, Nail Trix, Batteries Plus Bulbs, Tropical Smoothie Café, Cold Stone Creamery, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa and the newly opened Starbucks Coffee.

Mezeh Mediterranean Grill is a fast-casual restaurant serving bold Mediterranean-inspired dishes made from scratch daily, and Righttime Medical Care is an urgent care services provider with locations across Maryland serving patients of all ages, 365 days a year.

"Klein Enterprises is excited to welcome these two new tenants to St. Mary's Marketplace. We will be announcing two more national brands in the next few weeks, which will bring us close to 100% leased," said Patricia Palumbo, director of leasing and marketing for Klein Enterprises. "We are committed to bringing high-quality and diverse businesses to the center. Both Mezeh and Righttime have a reputable presence in Maryland and are known for supporting the local communities that they serve."

Mezeh and Righttime will operate 2,973 and 2,649 square feet of retail space, respectively, at the 106,000-square foot shopping center. Mezeh will open later this summer and Righttime is expected to open in May.

The property has 536 parking spaces and is located within close proximity to the growing residential neighborhoods of Wildewood, Lexington Park and Solomons Island, and eight miles from the Naval Air Station Patuxent River, home to the National Air Warfare Center, Aircraft Division.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Why, lookie here

Neighbors won't have to piss on their own lawns or have sex on their own car hoods any more, someone else will do it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
St. Mary's Marketplace Signs Two New Tenants

(April 04, 2019)
Mezeh and Righttime will operate 2,973 and 2,649 square feet of retail space, respectively, at the 106,000-square foot shopping center. Mezeh will open later this summer and Righttime is expected to open in May.
Remind me which center this is, Harris Teeter one? Have they build anything where Aldis is other than the theater?

punjabigyrl

Is there really a demand for medical clinics/urgent care since telemedicine, teleoptometry(a doctor from another office will see you), telepharmacy ( this is online already) is the new way to get seen. Some states are already testing it. I just downloaded an app called Doctor on Demand (blue in color; DR with a + sign). My friend uses it and loves it. You sign in, put in your information, your insurance information then waits, doctor/PA calls in, discusses your issues, calls in meds, if you need to go in the ER they will tell you. and submit to your insurance. Imagine sitting at work and be seen.

I've used a teladoc recently and it was great, but I already knew the specifics and what I needed. But that service can't always replace an in person visit. Symptoms can be the same for a number of conditions. And a person's vitals are not something that can be checked via a phone or computer conversation.

David

Opinions are my own...
Staff member
PREMO Member
The opening of Mezeh Mediterranean Grill was changed to later in summer 2019.

glhs837

Power with Control
I've used a teladoc recently and it was great, but I already knew the specifics and what I needed. But that service can't always replace an in person visit. Symptoms can be the same for a number of conditions. And a person's vitals are not something that can be checked via a phone or computer conversation.

But they are. Wife has a cuff, and the fingertip blood O2/heartrate sensor, and recently added a bluetooth Kardia ECG device. Total price for all three under $200 dollars. There's your vitals right there. You are right that it doesn't always replace an office visit, but it certainly has a place. Especially when you live in a place where the doctors you want to see are not available.

mitzi

The Slice House is open. This is on their FB page.

THE SLICE HOUSE IN LEONARDTOWN IS NOW OPEN: Come check out the NEW Restaurant The Slice House in Leonardtown located at 41565 Park Ave, Leonardtown.

Their Hours are:
Mon-Thur 11AM-8PM
Fri-Sat 11AM-11PM
Sun-CLOSED

They are Working on a Late Night Bar Business.

exiled

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory? Well, with two locally owned chocolate shops in town (Black Point at Blue Wind, and Heritage in Leonardtown), we will easily see if SOMD wants to support local businesses, or mass production. Hard to believe such a huge, national chain thinks there is enough demand here for chocolate to open a store, when two already exist in such a small area.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory? Well, with two locally owned chocolate shops in town (Black Point at Blue Wind, and Heritage in Leonardtown), we will easily see if SOMD wants to support local businesses, or mass production. Hard to believe such a huge, national chain thinks there is enough demand here for chocolate to open a store, when two already exist in such a small area.
The company has probably noticed that the residents, especially the ones who have come down here from the I95 corridor to enlighten us, would rather patronize any chain operation than a good locally owned one.

beachcat

I need a nap
The company has probably noticed that the residents, especially the ones who have come down here from the I95 corridor to enlighten us, would rather patronize any chain operation than a good locally owned one.

so glad I don't work down there anymore. its a clusterf*ck of a county, not crap to do if you're single (go to sonic, go to cracker barrel, go to the liquor store, go boating in summer....see the same people, same one horse town). but yet they keep cycling retailers through that county.

so glad I don't work down there anymore. its a clusterf*ck of a county, not crap to do if you're single (go to sonic, go to cracker barrel, go to the liquor store, go boating in summer....see the same people, same one horse town). but yet they keep cycling retailers through that county.
I wonder why you feel the need to keep up with a message board about a place that you clearly are glad you left. Those feelings may well be reciprocated. Perhaps you should find the message boards for the new place that you are inhabiting and just leave SOMD.com alone.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Here's the problem with SOME small, locally owned businesses. HOURS and SERVICE
What I've seen of the market down here in 20+ years is people like cheap.
The majority, like cheap and plentiful. They are not concerned with premium or higher end products when it comes to food and beverage.
The biggest threat to the two local candy companies isn't Rocky Mountain (which will saturate the market), but that most people probably buy their chocolate (candy) at WalMart or the Dollar Stores.
Cheaper and convient

mudpuddle

beachcat, hi! I see that you were from North Beach. I have never been but am planning to visit there in the Summer! Any places you would recommend?