New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

BernieP

Resident PIA
If I may ...

Yeah this. It's like attending a PG County / Southeast DC social gathering that includes a majority of everyone from the underclasses.
I would have used the phrase, young people with a reputaiton for resolving issues with violence, over underclasses.
The same problem plagued 6 Flags in New Jersey. Situated where it was, they would end up having rival groups show up on the same day. Usually resulting in a disagreement - sometimes an all out brawl. The shame of it is, it makes it unsafe for families of all classes with small children.
How do they restrict / control unsupervised young adults without crossing a legal line?

BernieP

Resident PIA
but we digress, don't know how we got off on poor North Beach and their fees.

Anybody here of a tennent for either the former Ruby Tuesday's or Cheeseburger in Paradise?
Long standing vacancy in Colony South parking lot - the former Capital One bank,

SamSpade

And they are closing... http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0419/bedbathandbeyondplansstoreclosures.html

Last paragraph... "As this story was put to bed, the company continues to take a bath and what lies ahead in the future for any of the stores in our region is beyond us." :lmao:
My only gripe about BB&B is - what's the compelling reason to go there?
About the only reason I ever go there or have gone there is - either I saw something on the sidewalk sale I wanted,
or somehow I found out something I was looking for happened to be in the store - like a Christmas decoration
or Ravens coffee mug. I would never just - "shop" - there, because frankly, I mostly can't figure the damned place out.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My only gripe about BB&B is - what's the compelling reason to go there?
About the only reason I ever go there or have gone there is - either I saw something on the sidewalk sale I wanted,
or somehow I found out something I was looking for happened to be in the store - like a Christmas decoration
or Ravens coffee mug. I would never just - "shop" - there, because frankly, I mostly can't figure the damned place out.
I hardly ever go there either. I may go in soon to see if I can find some bedroom curtains on sale. If not, I'll find them elsewhere.

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
Patron
New Businesses in Calvert Co.

2 Scoops
78 Solomons Island Road, Prince Frederick
443-968-8670

Sawatdee Thai Seafood
13958 HG Trueman Road, Solomons
410-443-6523

Relocations

Champagne Taste Bridal
32 Cox Road, Huntingtown
443-579-4696

frequentflier

happy to be living
Amazing that a business can make money... dedicated to feeding backyard birds.
Amazing that a business can make money... dedicated to feeding backyard birds.
Since I have known her, the lady that owns the store has had three successful businesses. She has always been a bird watcher, feeder, photographer and even before opening this store, she was everyone's go to person with bird related questions! The store (s) are a perfect fit for her and I applaud Barb's success!
I have always fed birds, squirrels and whatever comes around for grub. Though I can buy a lot of bird stuff wholesale because of my business, WBU does have awesome feeders, food, fun stuff and gifts and very knowledgeable staff. I recently bought a wine pourer that chirps like a bird when you pour it! Expensive but cute!

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have always fed birds, squirrels
Isn't that redundant, damn squirrels pretty much will feed on anything. Had one living off the trash in a dumpster.
But squirrels do add an entertainment factor when it comes to protecting the bird feeders. Persistent and somewhat clever, more persistent though in trying to get at the food - hilarious results.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Isn't that redundant, damn squirrels pretty much will feed on anything. Had one living off the trash in a dumpster.
But squirrels do add an entertainment factor when it comes to protecting the bird feeders. Persistent and somewhat clever, more persistent though in trying to get at the food - hilarious results.
I have one of those round contraptions to put shelled peanuts in. I love watching the acrobatics. There are plenty of shelled and unshelled peanuts for them and bird seed. We even have a family of black squirrels that come around regularly. I love and feed them all!

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have one of those round contraptions to put shelled peanuts in. I love watching the acrobatics. There are plenty of shelled and unshelled peanuts for them and bird seed. We even have a family of black squirrels that come around regularly. I love and feed them all!
I hear tail (sic) that there's a video of a squirrel trying to climb up a greased pole to a bird feeder.

Bonehead

Went to The Slice pizza place yesterday.....Expensive at 4$ a slice and poor in quality. Thin super droopy slice that you have to fold to eat. To me thin crust should be crispy. Don't waste your money. McKays pizza is way better in my opinion at 2.50 $ a slice.

FettZilla

What's happening northbound on route 5 in Charlotte Hall just on the other side of the recycle station? See some open land being worked on.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
PREMO Member