New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That's what I heard again yesterday, the old McKays in Charlotte Hall will be a Shoppers. For the past couple of weeks they have been doing a lot of work around the place, painted the facing of the building, the metal was all faded. Been sealing cracks in the parking lot and trimmed all the Bradford Pear trees back. Not known if the whole shopping center has been bought up by someone. Across the street and down Potomac Way, (Better Get Macco) a Macco auto painting place will be coming. Its not in the building that's being built with the 3 garage bays but is on the other side of First Choice. Once the massive building that's being built beside Southern Tire is finished they, the folks that are building it will be moving from across the street and vacating their current location and that's where Macco is going.
Woo hoo! The old Jetta is gonna get a new paint job!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
My dad knew a guy that cleaned his car really good and taped off his own chrome and went to Earl Scheib. He claimed it was a fairly decent paint job. Of course this was in the 50s or 60s.
Mine did too. Think the painting cost him $29.99 (maybe $19.99 - it was a while ago).

Loper

Animal Poor!
ok, so there will also be a restaurant and underground parking with the apartments and townhouses @HelloDave

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What a fluster cluck that's going to create. I guess I'll have to start taking Hollywood Road and shoot down 235 to get to Solomons or my daughter's house.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My dad knew a guy that cleaned his car really good and taped off his own chrome and went to Earl Scheib. He claimed it was a fairly decent paint job. Of course this was in the 50s or 60s.
in the mid 70s, my best friend's Dad paid he and I about 20 bucks to wet sand and tape his VW Beetle daily driver. It came back from Earl Sheib looking brand new...at least it did from 5 feet away. Little overspray here and there from the amateur tape job.

Last edited:

Scootboot

I saw materials in front of Esperanza Lanes and the door was open. Is someone fixing the bowling alley up or turning into something else?