New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Clem72

Such a gawdawfull traffic situation through that whole stretch....
Agree, but it seems pretty obvious that they plan to add a center lane through the whole stretch all the way up to the hospital which should help considerably.

Clem72

If it's a two way shared lane, like on Hollywood Road, that's gonna be loads of fun. :lmao:
hopefully not as bad as there aren't too many entrances directly across from each other so you shouldn't have too much competition for turning left at the same spot.

jrt_ms1995

Agree, but it seems pretty obvious that they plan to add a center lane through the whole stretch all the way up to the hospital which should help considerably.
They've already started and completed one high-rise bridge while the L'town Hwy 5 project has been underway; likely to complete the new Solomons bridge before finishing, too! 🌉

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Way back in the day, I went there a couple of times. Back then I still lived in 7D. I'd go to Dukes pretty often..but not Pennies. In those days, Pennies was where the 7D folks went if they felt like fightin', just like Old Gum was where folks from 2D and 3D went when they felt like fightin'. Things were so much simpler back then.
They don't care who they fought. My brother went to Pennies a couple times, until another 7D native sucker punched him. To this day, I won't patronize his business just up the road a ways.

3CATSAILOR

There should be a divider between the North and South lanes. They should have allowed for a concrete divider. In addition, it would have shielded traffic from the blinding LED headlights. It would accomplish two birds with one stone. It doesn't happen very often these days. People do not know how to stay off of their cell phones. I am surprised a head on along this stretch of road hasn't happened yet. As traffic increases, so does the possibility.

mitzi

They've been working on that for years now. The new 301 bridge was built in less time.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Work on Rt 5 in Leonardtown is "scheduled" to resume mid-April. Given the track record and quality of the contractors doing the work, I predict 2 more years.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've plotted out an alternative route to take once the construction in Leonardtown gets unbearable. It only adds a few miles and 5 minutes to my commute. Time well spent to avoid the cluster**** that has been created in Leonardtown.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've plotted out an alternative route to take once the construction in Leonardtown gets unbearable. It only adds a few miles and 5 minutes to my commute. Time well spent to avoid the cluster**** that has been created in Leonardtown.
Just wait until they start on the Elevated Leonardtown Bypass Project.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Looks like the work on the "new" Shopper's is proceeding.
A coming soon banner now adorns the front.