New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

BernieP

Resident PIA
hopefully not as bad as there aren't too many entrances directly across from each other so you shouldn't have too much competition for turning left at the same spot.
There are enough and people won't signal and move over to turn level, it will be used as an express lane and an acceleration lane.
The hey, I can get across two lanes, I'll just wait in the middle or travel down the middle until I can "barge" over.
I'd say 50% of more do not merge, they just cut in, daring the vehicle they are cutting off to hit them.

During the day the speed limit on RT % is 95 mph. It's not until after 10pm or so when the cops come out to play does the traffic slow down.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The Esperanza Bowling alley was sold. Not sure what is next.
From a real estate website:
The 22,000 SF former Esperanza Lanes Bowling Center is being transformed back to a fresh, vanilla box. There are scheduled improvements for both the façade and the parking lot. The new tenant will also have the opportunity to occupy a large pylon sign that has tremendous visibility. This is a great opportunity you don’t want to miss out on!

TPD

the poor dad
The 22,000 SF former Esperanza Lanes Bowling Center is being transformed back to a fresh, vanilla box. There are scheduled improvements for both the façade and the parking lot. The new tenant will also have the opportunity to occupy a large pylon sign that has tremendous visibility. This is a great opportunity you don’t want to miss out on!

Are you opening your own hardware store? 22k sqft would be a sweet hardware destination!

sunshine98

Getting the funk out of that place is going to be a miracle.

SamSpade

I heard Jerry's next door is expanding. 22,000 sqft of subs, pizza, gyros, and spring rolls.
Up until recently, I only ever had their gyro's, which is odd, because it's clearly an Asian establishment. I thought they were - ok.

But their actual Chinese food is terrible.

Clem72

Up until recently, I only ever had their gyro's, which is odd, because it's clearly an Asian establishment. I thought they were - ok.

But their actual Chinese food is terrible.
You thought the chinese food at a place named Jerry's was no good? Have you tried Han's Italian or Tyrel's French Bistro?

SamSpade

You thought the chinese food at a place named Jerry's was no good? Have you tried Han's Italian or Tyrel's French Bistro?
Until I WENT there once, with my wife, a few years back, I just assumed it was Jerry's Subs and Pizza, and I suspect that has something to do with the name on the marquee. Was there a Jerry's Subs there before? I don't remember. But you go to the counter, and almost always, the person is Asian, and most of their food is.

But it TASTES like they heated up something in the microwave, and I wouldn't be surprised if the gyro is also - fact is, you can BUY gyro kits that aren't bad.

I have noticed that - like a lot of sit-down Asian establishments - they don't ever seem to be very busy, at least, not when I go. I've been there ONE time when it was busy, and that was lunchtime during the week, where I assume the lunch crowd is people coming off base.

Clem72

Until I WENT there once, with my wife, a few years back, I just assumed it was Jerry's Subs and Pizza, and I suspect that has something to do with the name on the marquee. Was there a Jerry's Subs there before? I don't remember. But you go to the counter, and almost always, the person is Asian, and most of their food is.

But it TASTES like they heated up something in the microwave, and I wouldn't be surprised if the gyro is also - fact is, you can BUY gyro kits that aren't bad.

I have noticed that - like a lot of sit-down Asian establishments - they don't ever seem to be very busy, at least, not when I go. I've been there ONE time when it was busy, and that was lunchtime during the week, where I assume the lunch crowd is people coming off base.
I assume they are related to Jerry and Sons on GMR. It used to be one of my occasional lunch stops many years ago when I worked in the Park and I thought it was decent. You could watch them make the food as the kitchen is fully visible so it didn't come from the microwave. Not a gyro guy but I had much of the rest of their menu. I seem to remember they had a good po' boy.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

The absolute best gyro I had was traditional made on a vertical spit was in Germany made by a Greek proprietor. Zesty. And the food at an authentic Greek restaurant, in Germany as well, fabulous. They also served complementary aperitifs of ouzo with your meal.

Nothing here can compare since most all restaurants use American made processed GMO franken foods.

SamSpade

The absolute best gyro
I have never been able to find an area with better genuine ethnic foods than the areas around Boston. Best Middle Eastern and Indian food, like ever. Several towns like Chelsea and even Southey are populated with immigrants and second and third generation immigrant familes. In the NW of Boston, towns like Lawrence and Lowell have a heavy Greek, Portuguese, Hispanic, SE Asian and French Canadian presence.

Normally, you just can't beat ethnic foods that your mom taught you to make.

EDITIED TO ADD - Oh and there's of course, North End, which is SO ITALIAN, I'd met people BORN THERE who only spoke Italian.

Last edited:

phreddyp

I have never been able to find an area with better genuine ethnic foods than the areas around Boston. Best Middle Eastern and Indian food, like ever. Several towns like Chelsea and even Southey are populated with immigrants and second and third generation immigrant familes. In the NW of Boston, towns like Lawrence and Lowell have a heavy Greek, Portuguese, Hispanic, SE Asian and French Canadian presence.

Normally, you just can't beat ethnic foods that your mom taught you to make.

EDITIED TO ADD - Oh and there's of course, North End, which is SO ITALIAN, I'd met people BORN THERE who only spoke Italian.
You should try Gilbralter, European, African, Caribbean, Central American, Indian, Asian and a few others on a small rock!