New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

tipsymcgee

The liquor applications were in the paper Wednesday for the old dew drop, gonna be called The Last Drop Country Bar. Heard a rumor that the person doing it is the owner of Days Off Deli & Grill, but have no idea whether to believe that. Also, the Asian place I mentioned previously going into the new shops by DD in L'Town was also in the liquor applications, going to be called Jessica's or Jessie's Kitchen, Asian fusion supposedly.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The liquor applications were in the paper Wednesday for the old dew drop, gonna be called The Last Drop Country Bar. Heard a rumor that the person doing it is the owner of Days Off Deli & Grill, but have no idea whether to believe that. Also, the Asian place I mentioned previously going into the new shops by DD in L'Town was also in the liquor applications, going to be called Jessica's or Jessie's Kitchen, Asian fusion supposedly.

That's what I heard.

black dog

Free America
Yep. What was the name of the country bar in..Waldorf, I think it was. Everyone had to go buy cowboy boots and hats and learn how to line dance. Well...not me....I only dance like I'm being electrocuted, but everyone else.

There is a few empty businesses in St Mary's, maybe someone will open a retro bar or club. Say Rebs Fireplace 2 or The New Stardust ? Maybe Kenny and Dolly will come and preform.

lovinmaryland

Does anyone know yet what is going in behind the Dash In in Leonardtown?

Another bank!

Its bull ####! For 12 years now I've been promised a "car wash coming soon" :mad:

:lol:

But seriously another freakin bank!?!? We need another one of those like we need another dollar store :duh:

I do not understand why all of these physical bank locations are still popping up when it seems the banking industry is doing absolutely everything its power to automate as much banking without human interaction as they can.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Always thought that the old Thompson's would make a better place for a country bar.

It's been probably 20+ years since I have set foot in that building. It was a ####hole then. I can only imagine now. There are Saturday flea markets being held in there lately.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I do not understand why all of these physical bank locations are still popping up when it seems the banking industry is doing absolutely everything its power to automate as much banking without human interaction as they can.

I agree.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Its really about getting new accounts. They are retail stores....
Have you been following the Wells Fargo mess?

It's been probably 20+ years since I have set foot in that building. It was a ####hole then. I can only imagine now. There are Saturday flea markets being held in there lately.

That was one sad building. Leaks everywhere. Add-on rooms that didn't match wall or floor lines. I don't know why it wasn't condemned years ago.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That was one sad building. Leaks everywhere. Add-on rooms that didn't match wall or floor lines. I don't know why it wasn't condemned years ago.

It was a sad mess indeed. I was in there several times over the many, many years that their "Going Out of Business" sale was on. :killingme

softtouch

The Bank of America in Lusby is closing at the end of the year.

The Bank of America in Lusby is closing at the end of the year.
They've already made the Leonardtown branch useless to those of us who work during their limited banking hours since they no longer open on Saturday. The Lex Pk branch does not open the drive thru on Saturdays which means you get to find parking, walk in and wait in line for the one teller they have open... I could go on and on. :boo: