New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

black dog

Free America
Take it from this small business owner, before long, there won't be many small businesses around. Chewy, Amazon, Jet, Bark Box etc are killing me....
I'm glad I didn't chose that retail business thing, manufacturing is so much easier than dealing with retail customers everyday..
I am lucky that we have a awesome independent hardware store in out small town.
I buy or order all of my nuts and bolts and other sundries from her.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I'm glad I didn't chose that retail business thing, manufacturing is so much easier than dealing with retail customers everyday..
I am lucky that we have a awesome independent hardware store in out small town.
I buy or order all of my nuts and bolts and other sundries from her.

Glad to hear it. Funny thing is, people expect my prices to be higher than the big box stores and internet and most of the time, I am lower plus have manufacturer coupons when I can get them and frequent buyer programs (buy 10, get one free). In addition, we have our own in house rewards program.
I get the *convenience* of internet shopping and love when the occasional person comes in to tell me their order didn't come and I need ______. 'Wow, you don't have it anymore...and I need it!'

:banghead:

belvak

Happy Camper
I read both St. Mary's Landing and Horne's are closing. SML is closing in October and will have a chain restaurant there by fall 2018.
I saw the one about St. Mary's Landing this morning on Facebook. How did you discover they were both hoaxes?

lovinmaryland

Scratch that. Apparently both were hoaxes and neither are closing. Sorry about that.
Hornes is good so I'm thankful that was a hoax...but SML omg that place is terrible! I can't believe there were so many people on FB who were :cds: that it was closing. I used to work in Mechanicsville for 8 years. I ate at SML 1 time. That's it. That's all I needed was that one terrible experience to know I'd never go back.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Hornes is good so I'm thankful that was a hoax...but SML omg that place is terrible! I can't believe there were so many people on FB who were :cds: that it was closing. I used to work in Mechanicsville for 8 years. I ate at SML 1 time. That's it. That's all I needed was that one terrible experience to know I'd never go back.
Where is Horne's. The only Horne's I know of is on the intersection of RTs. 301 & 17 in Va.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Where is Horne's. The only Horne's I know of is on the intersection of RTs. 301 & 17 in Va.
That's the one the hoax article referred to..picture of the place and all. I'm there quite often, since it's on the way to either Norfolk/Little Creek or southern VA where our other property and family are. Frankly, have not eaten "sit down" there for a long time but still stop and get gas and a snack.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's the one the hoax article referred to..picture of the place and all. I'm there quite often, since it's on the way to either Norfolk/Little Creek or southern VA where our other property and family are. Frankly, have not eaten "sit down" there for a long time but still stop and get gas and a snack.
Somebody has a problem with geography, how the hell do you talk about a joint in Virginia in a thread about Southern Maryland?

Bad enough we have trouble defining what the boundaries are on the Maryland side, we then include Virginia.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Somebody has a problem with geography, how the hell do you talk about a joint in Virginia in a thread about Southern Maryland?

Bad enough we have trouble defining what the boundaries are on the Maryland side, we then include Virginia.
LOL..it came up in combination with the report of the demise of Saint Mary's Landing.....

lovinmaryland

They've got a really good greasy burger! :yum: Good ice cream too!