New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

ltown81

Not sure why but the location for anything in Wildwood seems to have the touch of death on it and only a matter of time until it closes. A number of nice restaurants has come and gone there and from rumor Paradise and Outback not doing extremely well either.

You have to look a little deeper. Perkins was good, but then he did not pay his franchise fees. When he lost the franchise, he reopened as "Alice's", which was his own concept and menu. It was worse than Perkins. Then the family that owns Lenny's and used to on the sleep in bought it for the daughter to run. She opened it up as the Italian place the failed, and then rebranded it DBMcmilliams for more bar business. However they were closed all the time, and much like Lenny's, the food was marginal. Keep in mind, this is the same family that also just let the Sleep Inn go into bankruptcy...it was bought, and rebranded a red roof in.

sm8

Has "Loretta's" next to where lighthouse liquors was been discussed on here yet? They sell the same sausage that wood's stand use to have.

wsmdfm

Saw a new business open today across from Tidewater Pharmacy in Mechanicsville, its called Vapor's Lounge, it's a Vape shop I stopped in, they just opened today. Vape On

BernieP

Resident PIA
You have to look a little deeper. Perkins was good, but then he did not pay his franchise fees. When he lost the franchise, he reopened as "Alice's", which was his own concept and menu. It was worse than Perkins. Then the family that owns Lenny's and used to on the sleep in bought it for the daughter to run. She opened it up as the Italian place the failed, and then rebranded it DBMcmilliams for more bar business. However they were closed all the time, and much like Lenny's, the food was marginal. Keep in mind, this is the same family that also just let the Sleep Inn go into bankruptcy...it was bought, and rebranded a red roof in.

actually the food had moments of being good, but the place just sucked. It had the warmth and charm of a dumpster. Which appears is where most of the furnishings came from.

Has "Loretta's" next to where lighthouse liquors was been discussed on here yet? They sell the same sausage that wood's stand use to have.

I need to stop and check on their hours and get some sausage. Have heard that it's really good.

sm8

I need to stop and check on their hours and get some sausage. Have heard that it's really good.

It seemed really nice when I stopped in and the sausage were delicious. It was the first day and they were only able to do cash but said within 2 weeks they would be set up to do cards.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
That is false about the walmart I have the Jarboe land listed for sale.

Question for those who seem to always be in the know. I am chalking this up to my dad having a senior moment but he claims to have been talking to one of the county commissioners (this person is no longer on the board of county commissioners). He said he was told that Wal-mart purchased the land that is across from the old "Wood's Stand" in Charlotte Hall. The empty field that is next to the Cord's Cabinetry shopping center. Does any one know if there is any truth to it? He just will not drop it and is driving me nuts over it, He is telling any one that will listen. I really just want to yell "Will you shut up about it already" but that would be terribly disrespectful.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Guess you already saw we put a dairy queen on great mills road. Going thru permit process now.
LA Fitness is going in Waldorf in the old buffet space at the shops at Waldorf
Maryland partners bank opened in la plata
Theater construction in California continues.
Dunkin donuts going in Leonardtown in old bell motors location on a pad site to be created.

JoeR

Guess you already saw we put a dairy queen on great mills road. Going thru permit process now.
LA Fitness is going in Waldorf in the old buffet space at the shops at Waldorf
Maryland partners bank opened in la plata
Theater construction in California continues.
Dunkin donuts going in Leonardtown in old bell motors location on a pad site to be created.

Hey Chris, Any chance the LA Fitness is going to have a pool? I know a lot of their places do.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Hey Chris, Any chance the LA Fitness is going to have a pool? I know a lot of their places do.

Have not heard yet. They have been hush on this tenant and i only found out thru construction bids. They are doing major work and tearing away parts of the current structure. If I find out I will post it here or my blog and Facebook page.

SoMdDude

Have not heard yet. They have been hush on this tenant and i only found out thru construction bids. They are doing major work and tearing away parts of the current structure. If I find out I will post it here or my blog and Facebook page.

Parts? Hell I drove by there today, that whole end of the building where old county buffet is gone lol

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
I see they put the Aldi sign up at The Lexington Exchange.... any word on what else ( other than the theatre ) will be going in there ?

I see they put the Aldi sign up at The Lexington Exchange.... any word on what else ( other than the theatre ) will be going in there ?

A lot of people like Aldis, but I wasn't impressed with the one I visited. Consumer Reports rated it pretty poorly in terms of meat, bakery and produce quality.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A lot of people like Aldis, but I wasn't impressed with the one I visited. Consumer Reports rated it pretty poorly in terms of meat, bakery and produce quality.

Isn't that the most important? It is for me. :shrug:

sockgirl77

Canned and boxed food is why mostly everyone goes there. However, they do not take coupons so they will not be getting my business.

lovinmaryland

I was thinking the same thing! The one I went to everything was like and off brand youd never heard of before. So essentially a big dollar general that sells only food. OH JOY! Just what we need around here!