New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

SamSpade

It's been probably 20+ years since I have set foot in that building. It was a ####hole then. I can only imagine now. There are Saturday flea markets being held in there lately.

Does kind of give you the idea of what I think a country bar is SUPPOSED to look like....

mitzi

True. That area is going to be a pain in the azz to get around. Doesn't look to be much bank parking which means it'll spill out into the Exxon and/or KFC/Taco Bell.

It already is a pain. There's always accidents. Trying to get out of Dash Inn or the shopping center is next to impossible during the day.

Restitution

The liquor applications were in the paper Wednesday for the old dew drop, gonna be called The Last Drop Country Bar. Heard a rumor that the person doing it is the owner of Days Off Deli & Grill, but have no idea whether to believe that.

Its the owner of Vapor 99. Confirmed

nobody really

I need a nap
I do not understand why all of these physical bank locations are still popping up when it seems the banking industry is doing absolutely everything its power to automate as much banking without human interaction as they can.

I just said the same thing to someone the other day. its not like they need a place to store cash. why all the banks popping up everywhere.

Clem72

I just said the same thing to someone the other day. its not like they need a place to store cash. why all the banks popping up everywhere.

The only thing I can think of is that they are looking to provide loan services and/or are looking for business accounts. If you have a cash business you need a physical bank to drop the money off at.

OldHillcrestGuy

So is Steak In a Sack still operating? I never see any cars there.

Yes indeed it is. Depends on what time of day as to how many cars you may see. It is also closed on Mondays. Early afternoons after the lunch folks leave the lot can look kind of empty till the dinner people arrive. The carry out business is really doing well. Phone seems to be ringing all the time.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Firehouse Subs should open this week at 2875 Crain highway.
Crown Fried chicken and waffles has opened at 301 and route 5 across from checkers
Carolina kitchen in brandywine is finally hiring.

Havent heard yet about Monterey there was a lease pending but they wouldnt say who it was.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Monterey space and bollywood are being gutted to move the dollar tree over there. So the new business will go over in dollar trees current space but they wont say what yet.

OldHillcrestGuy

Firehouse Subs should open this week at 2875 Crain highway.
Crown Fried chicken and waffles has opened at 301 and route 5 across from checkers
Carolina kitchen in brandywine is finally hiring.

Havent heard yet about Monterey there was a lease pending but they wouldnt say who it was.

Dear Mr. Disney (aka. Shasho) Any new happenings in Charlotte Hall? Noticed in the last week next to Advance Auto there has been some new survey markings placed on what appears the last spot on that piece of land to build on. Then the new McKay's, wife ran into Tommy McKay in the store in Charlotte Hall back in June/July and he said that within a very short period of time that the new construction would start. Couple weeks later I drove through on the backroad (Charlotte Hall Rd) and looked over and Tommy was out walking around the dirt lot. I understand it takes forever for the process of approval here in St. Mary's to build anything, look how long it took before the Taco Bell finally broke ground. Do you know what the holdup is? I heard, maybe it was you who mentioned it in a previous post, that McKay's and CMI are not the ones who are going to build the new shopping center now, that there is a third party and McKays is going to lease from them.