New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Krispy Kreme will build on a separate pad site in front of Leftys in pinefield south shopping center. It will have a drive thru.

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
What happened to the Krispy Kreme that was supposed to go into the old PNC Bank bldg. across from San Succi :shrug:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Grille 13 is moving to old Mimis space at waldorf marketplace
Med express going in on pad site in front of giant in Waldorf
Beauty island taking over the old kincaid furniture space at Waldorf marketplace

Lex park has a donut connection to be built, as well as a new Nissan dealer
eye care center is going in half of the old DB Mcmillians space that they just redid. They also plan to expand world gym.

Bryans road started their renovations on the shopping center. No new tenants yet.

Where is the location for these (in bold)?

Donut Connection is going in the white house, on the right, as you exit the Walmart parking lot, headed towards Chancellor's Run.

ltown81

The other half of the old Perkins will be a Cici's Pizza...

I know:bigwhoop:

On another note..who is ready to start the death watch for Bottom of the Hill.

They have reached that state now where you can't really tell if they are still open because they are so slow when you drive by. La Rive Breton is looking pretty slow.

They have reached that state now where you can't really tell if they are still open because they are so slow when you drive by. La Rive Breton is looking pretty slow.
Stopped there for a late lunch today. Very few lunch patrons, but an older crowd came in, all sitting at the bar. Looks more like a bar than a restaurant.
Had their wings and a BLT. Sandwich was good, huge didn't skimp on the B. I got the wings because the menu said 'crispy'. Tasted good, but not crispy. Soggy. In their defense, the vinegar in the sauce can make them that way and I usually get the sauce on the side for that reason, but forgot today.

sm8

The other half of the old Perkins will be a Cici's Pizza...

I know:bigwhoop:

Proof of the CiCi's or just rumor?

SamSpade

Stopped there for a late lunch today. Very few lunch patrons, but an older crowd came in, all sitting at the bar. Looks more like a bar than a restaurant.
Had their wings and a BLT. Sandwich was good, huge didn't skimp on the B. I got the wings because the menu said 'crispy'. Tasted good, but not crispy. Soggy. In their defense, the vinegar in the sauce can make them that way and I usually get the sauce on the side for that reason, but forgot today.

I think that location has had so many failures, that's exactly what people think - "oh crap, it's closed already" and people stop coming.

It's probably only going to work with a known franchise, like Red Lobster or something.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Met one of the new owners (a family) of the Piney Point Market today. It just changed hands in the last couple of weeks. Very pleasant and cheerful lady was working today, from South America apparently, but judging from how well she spoke English, not recently from there. I noted in passing that I could see work had started in the back to rebuild and restore what had once been a nice commercial kitchen. She beamed excitedly and said "Yes!...we want it open before end of June. I will be selling Mexican and South American food, but mostly Peruvian/Bolivian".

I'm betting she knows how to make it really well too. Great news. There is a never-used pool room in the back; I'm wondering if they'll make that a seating area.

Last edited:
I noted in passing that I could see work had started in the back to rebuild and restore what had once been a nice commercial kitchen. She beamed excitedly and said "Yes!...we want it open before end of June. I will be selling Mexican and South American food, but mostly Peruvian/Bolivian".

That sounds interesting! I'll try it!

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think that location has had so many failures, that's exactly what people think - "oh crap, it's closed already" and people stop coming.

It's probably only going to work with a known franchise, like Red Lobster or something.

I'm not even sure if that would work

Everyone wanted the commercial development crammed onto Rt 235, they've done that.
RT 235 is busy well into the evening. How's RT 5 doing? What's the draw
Businesses along 235 can draw a lunch crowd based on their proximity to Pax River.
How much of a crowd does the shopping center draw?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Met one of the new owners (a family) of the Piney Point Market today. It just changed hands in the last couple of weeks. Very pleasant and cheerful lady was working today, from South America apparently, but judging from how well she spoke English, not recently from there. I noted in passing that I could see work had started in the back to rebuild and restore what had once been a nice commercial kitchen. She beamed excitedly and said "Yes!...we want it open before end of June. I will be selling Mexican and South American food, but mostly Peruvian/Bolivian".

I'm betting she knows how to make it really well too. Great news. There is a never-used pool room in the back; I'm wondering if they'll make that a seating area.

Now that's exciting news. I could not care any less about Mexican, but South American sounds very interesting.

stgislander

PREMO Member

I'm not even sure if that would work

Everyone wanted the commercial development crammed onto Rt 235, they've done that.
RT 235 is busy well into the evening. How's RT 5 doing? What's the draw
Businesses along 235 can draw a lunch crowd based on their proximity to Pax River.
How much of a crowd does the shopping center draw?

I recall the Perkin's always doing well there.