New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Can we now get the thread back on new businesses coming to southern Maryland?

Ahma open a new hot dog stand in Piney Point that is only open for two hours after 2 am and only when its less than 15 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

Happy now? ;-p

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Ahma open a new hot dog stand in Piney Point that is only open for two hours after 2 am and only when its less than 15 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

Happy now? ;-p

I will try and visit your new establishment on the day it is less than 15 degrees Fahrenheit outside after 2am.
Hopefully you get good reviews.
Good luck.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Experienced -85 wind chill the weekend I graduated Navy boot camp December of 1983, was crazy. Luckily it was just out to the car from the barracks, the car to the hotel and we stayed there all weekend. :)

that brought back memories, Graduated in Feb 1977. Same deal always -7x wind chill and we would just run out for chow and run back to barracks;-))

BernieP

Resident PIA
Can we now get the thread back on new businesses coming to southern Maryland?

LMAO I opened this thread with the intent of saying, "Why are we talking about all the businesses leaving instead of what's coming?"

Maybe because the environment isn't conducive to starting a business in Calvert and St. Mary's.

frequentflier

happy to be living
LMAO I opened this thread with the intent of saying, "Why are we talking about all the businesses leaving instead of what's coming?"

Maybe because the environment isn't conducive to starting a business in Calvert and St. Mary's.

Take it from this small business owner, before long, there won't be many small businesses around. Chewy, Amazon, Jet, Bark Box etc are killing me....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Take it from this small business owner, before long, there won't be many small businesses around. Chewy, Amazon, Jet, Bark Box etc are killing me....

We got yr back MB..we almost never order from any of those places. But I know what you are saying..it's just too easy to order on line for everything.

CRHS89

I read both St. Mary's Landing and Horne's are closing. SML is closing in October and will have a chain restaurant there by fall 2018.

black dog

Free America

I'm glad I didn't chose that retail business thing, manufacturing is so much easier than dealing with retail customers everyday..
I am lucky that we have a awesome independent hardware store in out small town.
I buy or order all of my nuts and bolts and other sundries from her.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I'm glad I didn't chose that retail business thing, manufacturing is so much easier than dealing with retail customers everyday..
I am lucky that we have a awesome independent hardware store in out small town.
I buy or order all of my nuts and bolts and other sundries from her.

Glad to hear it. Funny thing is, people expect my prices to be higher than the big box stores and internet and most of the time, I am lower plus have manufacturer coupons when I can get them and frequent buyer programs (buy 10, get one free). In addition, we have our own in house rewards program.
I get the *convenience* of internet shopping and love when the occasional person comes in to tell me their order didn't come and I need ______. 'Wow, you don't have it anymore...and I need it!'

:banghead:

belvak

Happy Camper
I read both St. Mary's Landing and Horne's are closing. SML is closing in October and will have a chain restaurant there by fall 2018.

I saw the one about St. Mary's Landing this morning on Facebook. How did you discover they were both hoaxes?

lovinmaryland

Scratch that. Apparently both were hoaxes and neither are closing. Sorry about that.

Hornes is good so I'm thankful that was a hoax...but SML omg that place is terrible! I can't believe there were so many people on FB who were :cds: that it was closing. I used to work in Mechanicsville for 8 years. I ate at SML 1 time. That's it. That's all I needed was that one terrible experience to know I'd never go back.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Hornes is good so I'm thankful that was a hoax...but SML omg that place is terrible! I can't believe there were so many people on FB who were :cds: that it was closing. I used to work in Mechanicsville for 8 years. I ate at SML 1 time. That's it. That's all I needed was that one terrible experience to know I'd never go back.

Where is Horne's. The only Horne's I know of is on the intersection of RTs. 301 & 17 in Va.