Ad Free Experience
Patron
Fat_294979_336919.png

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
New Tenants for St. Mary's Marketplace

I think of shops like that not as destination points, but as impulse buys. Who sits at home and goes, "Dang, I'd really like a big huge caramel apple right now," then drives somewhere to get it? Usually that's the sort of thing that sneaks up on you when you're doing the walky/shoppy/drinky thing at a real destination. City Dock in Annapolis, for example.

Is this going to be something better than another strip mall? I could see these specialty stores having a home in Leonardtown, especially down by the wharf where people are already going, but not a destination by itself.

SamSpade

Who sits at home and goes, "Dang, I'd really like a big huge caramel apple right now," then drives somewhere to get it? Usually that's the sort of thing that sneaks up on you when you're doing the walky/shoppy/drinky thing at a real destination. City Dock in Annapolis, for example.

And this was precisely why shopping MALLS were good - honestly, if you recall the several dozens of stores there, how many of them would you REALLY have made one special trip to go there?
BUT -- you would absolutely stop there pretty much every time you went.

And there's the serendipity aspect - you're wandering around and you suddenly notice something that catches your eye - kind of like I feel about BOOKSTORES as opposed to buying stuff online.
I remember once seeing "Master and Commander" on a bookshelf - and learning for the first time it was a WHOLE BOOK SERIES of *21* books.
I never would have known. I knew all about the apostolic fathers and their writings early in Christianity - but it was by sheer accident I learned that there's a whole
slew of early writings associated with the Eastern Orthodox church that are every bit as old.

I miss malls - and kiosks in the middle of the indoor area. I lament the loss of shopping malls.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
How many of those do we need ?

I have a feeling that TSC in that end of the county will attract many shoppers driving those one horse powered vehicles. They should add some healthy competition to Southern States and ACE.

glhs837

Power with Control
I have a feeling that TSC in that end of the county will attract many shoppers driving those one horse powered vehicles. They should add some healthy competition to Southern States and ACE.

Oh yeah, them horse and buggy types will knock down the doors of a TSC.

General Lee

When is the new Tractor Supply suppose to build in Charlotte Hall?

If that happens I hope it is better then the Hollywood store. That store keeps nothing in stock and they blame "corporate" "Oh we can order it for you"....No thanks I'll go to go to southern states or the feed mill. They mind as well just call it "Pet Supply" because dog food is all they keep routinely stocked.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Speaking of things (St. Mary's) we do not need.... heard that another fastfood place is opening in the strip center next to Esperanza Lanes.
Wonder how many cars the bowling ally will have ticketed or towed?

BernieP

Resident PIA
? Is there one around SMC anymore?

If I recall correctly there were none in Maryland. After the one in SMC closed I believe I did a search and found ZERO in the state.

IMHO they lost their calling card when peanuts were banned and the dance breaks stopped.
Peanut shells on the floor were part of the trademark, as was the staff dancing.