New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It doesn't affect me, but it is an eyesore.
It does me as I work down that road. Fortunately, I am turning from NB 235 onto it but have to dodge the people cutting through the shopping center quite often. And the flooding exiting the road onto SB 235 during moderate to heavy rains.

ltown81

Maybe off topic but, does anyone know how many more YEARS it will be before the Airport Road intersection will be completed? I'm guessing it is SHA so the answer may not be known by anyone here. That is going on 2 years now... to rebuild one corner of one intersection!
It likely wont be till spring now. The Asphalt plants are closed till then. That is why they wanted to get it done before winter.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
They are putting in a road that will be the main road into that housing development. They are trying take away the entrance on 4 due to traffic issues.
When my wife and I 1st moved here, lived in a 1-bedroom apartment attached to a house on Christie Ct (deadend off Oak), was a bear to try and get out within an hour or so either side of either rush "hour."

tuffenuff2

They are working on Route 5 itself. This is part of the widening project that has been in works for quite a while.

It looks they are building something. It's where the old Tag and Title used to be. Across from the new subdivision where the police sit waiting for speeders.

BernieP

Resident PIA
They are putting in a road that will be the main road into that housing development. They are trying take away the entrance on 4 due to traffic issues.
ah, remember reading about that. Well at least they did one thing smart, aligned it wiht an existing light. Not like some of the other bumble fudge intersections they have created.

Starbucks coffee is awful, as well as being way overpriced. I'll continue to grind my own, thanx.

Even worse is the rancid smell when you walk into Target. It permeates everything in there.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Fiesta Pollo?
Yes, I went there for lunch a couple weeks ago.
It was actually really good. I had a sandwich, friend had a quarter chicken.

LtownTaxpayer

It looks they are building something. It's where the old Tag and Title used to be. Across from the new subdivision where the police sit waiting for speeders.

I've been told that this is where the office will be and where they will be staging equipment. We'll have to see if that is all it is.

LtownTaxpayer

I've been told that this is where the office will be and where they will be staging equipment. We'll have to see if that is all it is.

There is finally a sign up in front of this construction. They have torn down the Waring Ahearn Insurance office and are now building a three unit storefront called The Shoppes at Mcintosh.