New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I agree that the area could use a Home Depot.
Competition is good for the customers.

I still use my 18 V B&D Firestorm tools (of which I have 9).
I found an adapter on Amazon that lets me use the newer Porter Cable 20 V Lithium batteries in place of the original B&D 18 V NiCads.

frequentflier

happy to be living

I found an adapter on Amazon that lets me use the newer Porter Cable 20 V Lithium batteries in place of the original B&D 18 V NiCads.
Home Depot was interested in building Prince Frederick and it is got shot down. Where the location would have been great in other respects, the added traffic would have been a nightmare.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Good to know. I believe that I still have some Firestorm tools that I no longer use because I could not get new batteries.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Problem is you have to look really hard to see what's not made in China. Slave labor helps drive down costs, that's why Apple has a huge footprint there.

One one big complaint with Lowes is they change vendors like I change underwear. I was buying this shelving system for the garage and poof, one day you couldn't get squat for it, I think it was a Rubbermaid system. Same with tools. Now they sell Craftsmen.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Good to know. I believe that I still have some Firestorm tools that I no longer use because I could not get new batteries.
Here's one of the adapters I bought.
Amazon product

Got a good deal at Lowe's when I bought it in May 2018. Lowe's had a Porter Cable set of 2 20V Lithium batteries with charger on sale, bought 2 sets, with my discount Memorial Day Weekend (one of 3 times a year we can stack our employee and veteran discount to 20%), came to BOGO pricing compared to the pre-sale $.

The weed trimmer went from anemic to effective.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Speaking of (relatively) new businesses. Drove past Pho Delight last night and the lights were on (inside and out).
Signs are up, don't know if they are officially open, but it looks like they might be close.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Speaking of (relatively) new businesses. Drove past Pho Delight last night and the lights were on (inside and out).
Signs are up, don't know if they are officially open, but it looks like they might be close.
See 4 posts above yours.

BernieP

Resident PIA
source.gif