New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

luvmygdaughters

PREMO Member
Is there any word on when Sweetbay in Leonardtown will be opening? I know they placed an ad for waitstaff and bartenders not to long ago. I checked on Facebook, but couldnt find any information.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Is there any word on when Sweetbay in Leonardtown will be opening? I know they placed an ad for waitstaff and bartenders not to long ago. I checked on Facebook, but couldnt find any information.
As of a week ago, they were still had an ad going seeking applicants for all positions. I don't see any firm date on when they will open.

glhs837

Power with Control
the current location is better than the one they had prior, at least it has a drive up window.
Helps keep the cops moving.

Do we know if they are moving or just adding a second location?

But it will better serve MSP as it keeps us safe from ourselves on 235.

:) laugh, donuts and cops have been the source of many jokes over the years.

No idea if it's a additional new location or a move of the old location.

Much better than what is now the ASEC DC conference center, true. But when you look at morning base traffic flows, they are not awesomely positioned. Entering the base from GMR means crossing the flow twice. It's too close to base for Gate Two traffic to break over and them reenter that flow.

BernieP

Resident PIA
No idea if it's a additional new location or a move of the old location.

Much better than what is now the ASEC DC conference center, true. But when you look at morning base traffic flows, they are not awesomely positioned. Entering the base from GMR means crossing the flow twice. It's too close to base for Gate Two traffic to break over and them reenter that flow.
Have you seen the right lane traffic SB on 235 to Chancellors Run Rd :lmao:
The option is to go out and then left at the light onto GM Rd,
Nothing is really optimal when it comes to morning traffic and the roads (and drivers).

tuffenuff2

The Sweetbay restaurant is located in downtown Leonardtown on the other corner of the same block as the Mexican restaurant -
where the old pet shop used to be.

nelsonmuntz

Remember seeing a sign just can't remember where but I don't think it was in California since I drive there everyday.
Was it in St. Mary's? Stop teasing me, rack your brain and give me the info... I've been dying for a location down here for like 10 years now! Ha ha!

Indoyota

I heard from someone that there is a spot in the same plaza Hobby Lobby is. There used to be a grocery store there. One that was next to Third Eye Comics.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
PREMO Member
Did a search for local Harbor Freight jobs.
Lexington, Park, Lusby and Mechanicsville were listed as locations.

Last edited:

Tech

I heard from someone that there is a spot in the same plaza Hobby Lobby is. There used to be a grocery store there. One that was next to Third Eye Comics.
Went thru there yesterday, no sign of work and lease sign still in place. Saw a sign one was coming but can't remember where.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
As of a week ago, they were still had an ad going seeking applicants for all positions. I don't see any firm date on when they will open.
They are hoping for end of the year (2019 for you smart alecks). I'd think you would have a kitchen staff in place before getting this close to an opening.