NFL Takes A Knee ....

Weems

Well, they didn't "ask" them, they told them.

Tomato, tomatta.

But let's examine this for a moment.

May I knee in prayer to my God? - No!
May I recognize those first responders who were butchered on 911? - No!
May I put a sticker on my helmet in support of the Dallas police? - No!
May I kneel during the national anthem and the posting of the American flag, so I can protest against police oppression, which also disrespects ever military service members that died protecting our right to opt out of the ceremony? - Why of course you can.

So?

You too can buy a team and as an owner have a say in what can and cannot be done.

The NFL would be perfectly within their rights as a private enterprise to "tell" the players to stand and place their hand over their hearts during the 1:44 National Anthem and presentation of the colors. But they haven't done that, have they?

black dog

Free America
How dare the rich advocate for the the less fortunate?! They should just be happy with what the have and not care about others. What kind of message is that.

If you don't want to see people exercise their first amendment rights tune in after kick off. If you don't want to see people of color demanding equal treatment tune in after the play the anthem It's not that hard.

If Nazi's can march in the streets with police protection but this is what triggers you then you really need to take a hard look at your feelings about people of color vs white people.

There's no First Amendment at work...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's classic uppity negro syndrome These people don't even realize how racist they are.
This is a free country. You don't like it tune in to the game at kick off.

Oh Please Explain the Racism ... where anyone said Black Player have no right to speak their mind?

If you don't want to see people exercise their first amendment rights tune in after kick off.
If Nazi's can march in the streets .....

You do not have a right to protest at your place of work.

In the Street, at a City Council Meeting ... that is where YOUR Freedom of Speech comes into play ......

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is not about the actual protesting....... THIS IS ABOUT THE MORONS DOING IT ON COMPANY TIME..... WHEN THEY ARE AT WORK!!!!! THERE IS NO BLANKET FREEDOM OF SPEECH AT YOUR WORK!!!

Hopefully that cleared things up!

And please stop throwing the Nazi and white people false equivalency out there.... Last time I checked, black people were responsible for more deaths of other blacks than white people were.... :rolleyes:

:yay:

black dog

Free America
Exactly. It's funny these mouth breathers defend Nazi's right to march but when a minority who made it big takes a knee it they think "he is getting too big for his britches".
" he should just be thankful he made it out the hood" It's classic stupidity negro syndrome These people don't even realize how racist they are.

This is a free country. You don't like it tune in to the game at kick off. Fly a flag from your house and say the national anthem all day long if you want.

The Nazis aren't at work,, big difference. These players are at work, who wants to pay hundreds of dollars to go and watch a game and see this...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sappy does not understand that. Clearly.

He is a diehard Progressive I am sure he preaches to all those around him in the lunch room and at the water cooler ...... people probably avoid him in the halls

unless he works at some progressive lobbying group ... then its morning and afternoon safe spaces between dealing with icky outsiders

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
why do you keep asking that question, you know damn well they haven't .....
IMHO it is coming however ..... when the lose enough money

Because bacon has always been purposely obtuse and pedantic. Except for that, you mean?

PsyOps

Pixelated
So?

You too can buy a team and as an owner have a say in what can and cannot be done.

The NFL would be perfectly within their rights as a private enterprise to "tell" the players to stand and place their hand over their hearts during the 1:44 National Anthem and presentation of the colors. But they haven't done that, have they?

For me, that's not what this is about. I'm all about private companies/franchises having their say in how they deal with these things. Face the consequences of their actions when hits them hard in their wallets and they will quickly change their minds; and I think it's coming. Right-minded Americans are fed up with this sort of selfish, me, me, me attitude in this country.

What this is really about for me is these people and their inability to legitimately look at what that flag represents. That flag, which represents the nation and its government, has afforded them great opportunity, and the wealth that came with it. None of it exists without the many millions that died protecting all of it. These kneelers have lost sight of that blessing. That's not to say there isn't oppression and brutality going on by our police and other law enforcement; perhaps much targeted at people of color. The flag doesn't represent that. The country doesn't stand for that. We have come a long way in rectifying the wrongs committed by this country. THAT'S what that flag represents. Millions of white people died to free slaves. Whites banned slavery. Millions of white people worked hard and protested side-by-side with black protesters during the civil rights movement. White people passed the Civil Right Act of 1964.

Why is it so hard for these kneelers to recognize the TRUE meaning of what that flag represents? I don't want them to be forced by their team owners or the NFL to stop, I want them to wake up and see the truth, and stop behaving like a bunch of sniveling whiners. They are hired, and paid big money to play a stupid game. Play the damn game. Do all the other stuff elsewhere. And recognize what that flag really represents.

Last edited:

Weems

images.png