Nhl 2013-2014

Hank

my war
Yea, at least the 1 goal by Buffalo should have been chipped away from the net. There's no excuse for having 3 rebounds, and no Capital there for net presence.

I swear, it's like every time I start to doubt him, and want him to get traded, he plays like this. (I still think we should trade him. He's got, what, $6 Million in salary cap hit next year? After his playing, he may be worth looking at for some teams)

Not just his 2 goals, but he was skating great last night. Puck handling was great.

I think we should go after Saber's goalie Miller before the trade deadline.

Green is a hard sell. Often injured and inconsistent play. Someone will take him, though not sure what we can get without packaging a deal. A move for Miller would be nice, unfortunately our GM is an idiot.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Yea, at least the 1 goal by Buffalo should have been chipped away from the net. There's no excuse for having 3 rebounds, and no Capital there for net presence.

I swear, it's like every time I start to doubt him, and want him to get traded, he plays like this. (I still think we should trade him. He's got, what, $6 Million in salary cap hit next year? After his playing, he may be worth looking at for some teams)

Not just his 2 goals, but he was skating great last night. Puck handling was great.

I think we should go after Saber's goalie Miller before the trade deadline.

That would be awesome but waaaaayyy too 'spensive for us. RMNB did a story yesterday on why that wouldn't be feasible. He's a UFA pulling down approx. $7M and Holtby and Neuvy together are only about $3.5M or something like that.

Ah, here it is..... No, Ryan Miller and the Capitals Wouldn’t Be a “Fit”

Oops, forgot to mention Ovie's FOUR POINT game!!!

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I just flipped over to NBC Sports Network and there's another NHL Stadium Series game on. ####ing yawn. :yawn: Either play games outside on a regular basis or only have one or two a year.

Hank

my war
I just flipped over to NBC Sports Network and there's another NHL Stadium Series game on. ####ing yawn. :yawn: Either play games outside on a regular basis or only have one or two a year.

Why does it matter whether they play inside or out, it's still a hockey game.You make no sense. 6 games outdoors :bigwhoop:

OldHillcrestGuy

Rumblings that Jersey might move Brodeur.

Isnt he in his mid 30's. Jersey's team is really old, they better go for it now cause Jagr and Zubrius and couple others dont have many years left.
Its too bad Jagr didnot work out here, he's really a awesome player doing what he is, at what 42 years old.
I hated him in Pittsburgh, liked him when he came here, hated him after he left, but I really admire the guy now.

jg21

So, is the latest Russian Olympic hockey disappointment going to send Ovi into a season-affecting funk when he comes back to the Caps?

OldHillcrestGuy

So, is the latest Russian Olympic hockey disappointment going to send Ovi into a season-affecting funk when he comes back to the Caps?

Heck they may even send him off to prison or revoke his citizenship, they cant be happy campers about the outcome.

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Why would he? He alone didn't fail, his team did, despite the Russian coach throwing Ovie under the bus. I don't know why everyone's blaming him, when he wasn't the one wearning the 'C' and there was plenty of NHL/KHL firepower on that team that underperformed. Currently, he's on pace for 55+ goals this season with a lot of games left.

Hank

my war
Why would he? He alone didn't fail, his team did, despite the Russian coach throwing Ovie under the bus. I don't know why everyone's blaming him, when he wasn't the one wearning the 'C' and there was plenty of NHL/KHL firepower on that team that underperformed. Currently, he's on pace for 55+ goals this season with a lot of games left.

Yeah, no doubt. Where in the Hell was Malkin? What did he do?

jg21

I agree, but in 2010 he seemed to go off a cliff after the Olympics. He was so up for these games, I think it'll take some time for him to get over it.

Too much talent on that team to score so few goals. And of course the whole Bob vs. Varly angle.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Yeah, no doubt. Where in the Hell was Malkin? What did he do?

He was busy hogging the puck and not scoring. Consequently, even though they advanced, his NHL linemate isn't doing much either.

I read a good article yesterday that put more blame on the coach for trying to force square pegs into round holes and totally screwing up the PP. Yes, the players weren't executing or adjusting well but it's not always entirely their fault.

OldHillcrestGuy

Good trade by Capitals today getting Dustin Penner, 10 year vet. who can score he had 35 points this season proably puts him the top 5 of the Caps for scoring. Only giving up a 4th round pick.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Captain Marty St Louis traded yesterday to the Rangers for their Captain, Ryan Callahan, with the Lightning set to get at least a second round, and possible pick in the draft as well.

St Louis' apparent discontent with Lightning GM Steve Yzerman for not selecting St Louis for the Canadian national team for the Olympics, and rumors of his desire to be traded to the Rangers "for his family" was causing some discontent both in the locker room and on the ice.

Hopefully, this works out well for both players, with the Rangers getting a very potential HOF player in his very waning years, while TB gets a player 10 years younger, much better defensively, but up for free agency in July.

Chris0nllyn

Last edited: