NHL 2015-2016 Season

Chris0nllyn

Yeah, I think at this point it is psychological. It has been addressed by everyone and their Mother. As long as they keep winning!

I'll take the wins for sure. Just wish they didn't have an 11 game streak decided by 1 goal. Makes for a fun watch (mainly because they're 8-3-0 in that stretch) but I want to see them score 4+ goals like they were earlier in the season.

I think you're right though. When you're 20 points above the rest of the league, it's easy to get complacent. I think they'll ramp it up come playoff time.

Hank

my war
I'll take the wins for sure. Just wish they didn't have an 11 game streak decided by 1 goal. Makes for a fun watch (mainly because they're 8-3-0 in that stretch) but I want to see them score 4+ goals like they were earlier in the season.

I think you're right though. When you're 20 points above the rest of the league, it's easy to get complacent. I think they'll ramp it up come playoff time.

When they get going, they look scary good! GMBM made some nice subtle moves by adding Weber and Winnick.... Past few games have felt like playoff games. One more month!

Hank

my war
President Trophy Winners!

Ready to get the Playoffs started...

I've noticed the bandwagon fans are creeping out of the woodwork.

Orlov better get his #### straight or Homie will be scratched.

Let's Go Caps!

Chris0nllyn

President Trophy Winners!

Ready to get the Playoffs started...

I've noticed the bandwagon fans are creeping out of the woodwork.

Orlov better get his #### straight or Homie will be scratched.

Let's Go Caps!

Basically the only thing left is Holtbeast getting 49 wins.

Orlov needs some time off and practice getting the puck out of the zone. He can't do that #### during playoffs.

Wilson had a nice goal last night but needs to do something about his penalty minutes, especially going forward.

Not sure what's up with Backstrom or Ovi. The top line doesn't seem to be doing much. That second line though.....

Hopefully Trotz shakes up the D lines. I'd like to see Carlson/Orpik, Niskanen/Schmidt, Chorney/Weber

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I say the Caps continue with their traditional playoff push - one series and done.:buddies:

jg21

I say the Caps continue with their traditional playoff push - one series and done.:buddies:[/QUOTE

Man I hope not... This year there seems to be a different mindset all around. I know that the history's there, but I feel better about this team than I've felt about any other. It seems they can come back from 2 or 3 goal deficits at will; of course, getting behind in the playoffs is not a recipe for success.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Orlov be a healthy scratch vs. the Flyers.

Chris0nllyn

Yeah, wonder how they will handle that if it boils down to the last game being that it is a back to back on Sat/Sun.

I think he plays the next 3 if needed for the record.

My bet is on Grubauer being in goal on Sunday.

I'm sure the teams wants to get Holts the 49, but they all want the cup more. They'd rather have Holts in net for the playoffs.

Hank

my war
http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/hocke...ltby-will-get-only-two-cracks-brodeurs-record

No matter what happens tonight against the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Capitals plan on giving goaltender Braden Holtby just one of the club’s final two regular season games against the St. Louis Blues and Anaheim Ducks, with backup Philipp Grubauer getting the other start.

With 47 wins in 64 starts, Holtby is one win away from tying Marty Brodeur’s single-season record of 48 wins, set in 2006-07 in the New Jersey Devils’ penultimate game of the regular season. Brodeur sat out the Devils’ final game of that regular season.

Chris0nllyn

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/hocke...ltby-will-get-only-two-cracks-brodeurs-record

No matter what happens tonight against the Pittsburgh Penguins, the Capitals plan on giving goaltender Braden Holtby just one of the club’s final two regular season games against the St. Louis Blues and Anaheim Ducks, with backup Philipp Grubauer getting the other start.

With 47 wins in 64 starts, Holtby is one win away from tying Marty Brodeur’s single-season record of 48 wins, set in 2006-07 in the New Jersey Devils’ penultimate game of the regular season. Brodeur sat out the Devils’ final game of that regular season.

Good. As it should be. Focus on the cup.

But I hope it gives them something to fight for. They seemingly have had nothing to play for over the last month or so. Hopefully a kick in the ass.

Plus I really want to see ####sburgh lose.

Hank

my war
Good. As it should be. Focus on the cup.

But I hope it gives them something to fight for. They seemingly have had nothing to play for over the last month or so. Hopefully a kick in the ass.

Plus I really want to see ####sburgh lose.

I think they will up the intensity tonight..... They better! Of course, I despise the Pens!

Hank

my war
Couldn't ask for a better night! This is what they need to look like throughout the playoffs! Ovi was on fire & great to see Holtz tie that record!