NHL 2015-2016 Season

Chris0nllyn

Typical Philly fans. They are stereotyped for a reason. We don't know if Orpik will be missing any games yet. To me it looked like a concussion. If he is out, I would like to see Chorney take his spot over Weber. Chorney filled in nicely while Orpik was out during the regular season.

Chorney's in for Orpik tonight.

Hank

my war
Ted must of wanted one more first rounder in DC for some extra $$$$

They looked flat as Hell in the first 2.

Grumpy

Ted must of wanted one more first rounder in DC for some extra $$$$

They looked flat as Hell in the first 2.

They've look flat an awful lot all season in the 1st period, but I think they were off and confused because the Flyers came out playing hockey instead of smear the queer.

Hank

my war
They've look flat an awful lot all season in the 1st period, but I think they were off and confused because the Flyers came out playing hockey instead of smear the queer.

Yeah, Philly had something to prove after the team and their fans were trashed by hockey fans worldwide...:lmao:

Ends Friday in DC....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Tampa Bay Lightning move on into next round with time to get well for two missing stars. Let's Go LIGHTNING!

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Little setback tonight. I cannot believe the Caps can lose 4 straight.

I can.
It's part of being a Caps fan.
Plus, the Flyers have won 4 straight in the fairly recent past. Think it was 2009 or 10 against the Bruins.

jg21

One of my Yinzer buddies told me, "Just wait...Pittsburgh ain't Philly" So I said, "So what, The Caps ain't the Rangers either."

I thought it was kind of clever, but I could be wrong...

Chris0nllyn

One of my Yinzer buddies told me, "Just wait...Pittsburgh ain't Philly" So I said, "So what, The Caps ain't the Rangers either."

I've got 2 good friends that live in Yinzburgh and they've already started the chatter.

Take a look at the comment section on nhl.com articles and it's full of "chokers".

I'll withhold comment because I'm superstitious. :lol:

Chris0nllyn

Also, good on (ex-Caps) Brouwer for scoring the game winner and knocking out the Blackhawks. (Even though it took him 3 tries :lol:)

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Not really clever, but nice try. Pitt is probably the hottest team entering the playoffs,15-3 in last 18 games, to close out the regular season, including two wins against those Caps, so, just sayin'......

Hank

my war
Not really clever, but nice try. Pitt is probably the hottest team entering the playoffs,15-3 in last 18 games, to close out the regular season, including two wins against those Caps, so, just sayin'......

Half our lineup was out for that last game... just sayin'.

:lmao:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
But obviously, then, not the first loss, so good for them. Won't take much for a team and it's fans who were to sweep the Flyers but failed, to to cave into their historical haste to depart from the playoffs. Just sayin'....

Hank

my war
But obviously, then, not the first loss, so good for them. Won't take much for a team and it's fans who were to sweep the Flyers but failed, to to cave into their historical haste to depart from the playoffs. Just sayin'....

Who said they were supposed to sweep the Flyers? I didn't expect them to. As a matter of fact I predicted it going 6 games. Flyers started turning it on the last quarter of the season just like the Pens did. Hell, they ended the year w/ 96 points, just 9 regulation losses less than the Caps. That's no slouch. I don't think any of the 16 teams in the playoffs should be considered "easy", "sweepable" opponents.... You sure you know hockey?

jg21

I've got 2 good friends that live in Yinzburgh and they've already started the chatter.

Take a look at the comment section on nhl.com articles and it's full of "chokers".

I'll withhold comment because I'm superstitious. :lol:

Yeah, all I can do is sit there and listen to the crap because, well, because of the past. I certainly would like to be able to return some in 2 weeks.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Who said they were supposed to sweep the Flyers? I didn't expect them to. As a matter of fact I predicted it going 6 games. Flyers started turning it on the last quarter of the season just like the Pens did. Hell, they ended the year w/ 96 points, just 9 regulation losses less than the Caps. That's no slouch. I don't think any of the 16 teams in the playoffs should be considered "easy", "sweepable" opponents.... You sure you know hockey?

I expected them to sweep based on the season both teams had. I never said the Flyers were easy. I know a bit about hockey and other sports that have multiple games per round. After you got up 2-0, plenty of talk about a sweep, some of it pretty funny:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...etailer-sends-out-premature-caps-sweep-email/

I am not a fan of either Pit or Wash.

Last edited: