NHL is back!

Hank

my war
They're extremely fair-weathered. They'll hop back on the bandwagon if they manage to win a couple games in a row, or beat the Penguins once. :lol:

Caps play the Pens again tomorrow night, so we'll see.

Honestly, I am not expecting much this season. The only person I would like to see fired is McPhee.. He is horrible!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
They're extremely fair-weathered. They'll hop back on the bandwagon if they manage to win a couple games in a row, or beat the Penguins once. :lol:

I am not fair-weathered. Still watching the games and supporting my team, just not posting because there's nothing to talk about.

JoeR

The Caps aren't even worth watching. I could sneeze and it would result in a goal against the Caps.

Which is exactly Baz's point about a lot of Cap fans (ie: pre Ovechkin days) being fair weather fans.

Not meaning you Sweet 16. You sound like a true fan.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Which is exactly Baz's point about a lot of Cap fans (ie: pre Ovechkin days) being fair weather fans.

Not meaning you Sweet 16. You sound like a true fan.

People watch sports to be entertained. Losers don't entertain. :shrug: Besides, after watching an entire season of Jacksonville Jaguars football, I don't think I can sit back and enjoy watching sucky sports teams. :lol:

Baz

This. ------------------>
People watch sports to be entertained. Losers don't entertain. :shrug: Besides, after watching an entire season of Jacksonville Jaguars football, I don't think I can sit back and enjoy watching sucky sports teams. :lol:

Lucky for you the Jags just changed their logo, so that should fix everything. :smile:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Lucky for you the Jags just changed their logo, so that should fix everything. :smile:

It doesn't fix the suck ass defense, offense or special teams unit. But at least they'll have the largest jumbo-tron in the NFL for everyone to see all those interceptions, fumbles and incomplete passes on. :yay:

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

Not all Caps fans are fair weathered, I just have not been on here lately due to a newborn, but I have caught every ugly minute of this season.

We (Caps Fans) could be b!tching up a storm about how up until the last game the team looked lost and uninspired but it won't do much good. Hopefully after Saturday nights game we can turn the page so to speak. At this point we can only hope to see a last place seed in the playoffs, but I am not holding my breath for that. I just hope that Oates is given the time needed to pull this team together and is not a victim of a another poor decision on McPhees' part.

I will tip my hat to your Pens as they look like the team to beat from what I have seen of them.

Last edited:

Baz

This. ------------------>
Not all Caps fans are fair weathered, I just have not been on here lately due to a newborn, but I have caught every ugly minute of this season.

We (Caps Fans) could be b!tching up a storm about how up until the last game the team looked lost and uninspired but it won't do much good. Hopefully after Saturday nights game we can turn the page so to speak. At this point we can only hope to see a last place seed in the playoffs, but I am not holding my breath for that. I just hope that Oates is given the time needed to pull this team together and is not a victim of a another poor decision on McPhees' part.

I will tip my hat to your Pens as they look like the team to beat from what I have seen of them.

As for the Pens, New Jersey might have something to say about that, after sweeping Pittsburgh in a home-and-home over the weekend. :ohwell:

I don't see Oates losing his job after his first year in a lockout-shortened season. 48 games isn't enough to give you the big picture on his effectiveness. I do see an overhaul in personnel, and McPhee should be the first one jettisoned, IMO.

Also, not that anything can likely be done about it, but I think Ovechkin would rather be the big fish in the easier KHL. His heart is in Russia, not D.C..

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Saturday's game was awesome! There was a lot of energy inside Verizon Center.

Snapped this shortly after the game started. :lol:

Attachments

• hockey fight.jpg
    hockey fight.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 89

Hank

my war
Saturday's game was awesome! There was a lot of energy inside Verizon Center.

Snapped this shortly after the game started. :lol:

That was a good fight and an awesome game. He just came back from a 3 game suspension, so he needed to let off some steam immediately!