NHL is back!

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
As for the Pens, New Jersey might have something to say about that, after sweeping Pittsburgh in a home-and-home over the weekend. :ohwell:

I don't see Oates losing his job after his first year in a lockout-shortened season. 48 games isn't enough to give you the big picture on his effectiveness. I do see an overhaul in personnel, and McPhee should be the first one jettisoned, IMO.

Also, not that anything can likely be done about it, but I think Ovechkin would rather be the big fish in the easier KHL. His heart is in Russia, not D.C..

Yes, I was quite surprised by the outcome from the Pens games with NJ, both teams look like they have found their strides. At this moment I do not see any challenges coming from any SE Division teams for the Pens or NJ.

I can only hope that McPhee is dumped soon but I do not see Ted dropping him yet. As for Ovie, I have to agree with you. After seeing his stats from his short time in the KHL I thought that he would have been far more productive here than he has been. His talents are "new" there, the NHL has seen it for a few years now and teams have adjusted to his play accordingly. Unfortunately, we owe him for quite some time and thanks to the Media he will overshadow the better players (Backstrom) on the team until we can move on to new stars.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Showed a lot of heart last night... Holtby is shaky.

Yeah, 5 goals against is nothing to brag about but you have to admit there were some fluky bounces and deflections on both sides. Brouwer's GWG is a sign of a never-give-up mentality that's been lacking thus far this season and that lifts everyone up. An ugly win is still a win!

Hank

my war
I don't agree with goalies splitting time especially with this short season... Yeah, maybe your occasional back to back games but with this shortened season pick a damn goaltender and stick with him. You don't see Brodeur share the load. He is 40 and still plays close to 60 games in a regular season. My thoughts are stick with Neuvy... Robeiro is a beast. Awesome pickup. One of the very few good moves for McPhee. Brouwer continues to impress, the kid has heart and does not hesitate driving to the net much like Laich. Best move Oates made was cutting way back on Schutz's ice time. I think this is his last contract year. He will be gone...Good riddance! Green has been playing a more solid and consistent game so far this season, which is nice to see! I had been down on him the past few years... That's my analysis so far... :shrug:

Oh, and I still think the next big move should be getting rid of McPhee :buddies:

Baz

This. ------------------>
Looks like that players-only meeting in Miami has woken the Caps. Whatever was said seems to have helped.

Baz

Round 2 goes to the Flyers, in a win way too similar to last year's playoff series for my liking. :boxing:

Baz

Always entertaining to watch these two teams go at it. Your boys lost their religion last night! Even Geno. :boxing:

For all their talent and abilities, Geno and Letang can get distracted by the extracurriculars, especially when it comes to the Flyers. That team just knows how to irritate the Penguins and force them off their normally focussed disciplines.

LordStanley

I know nothing
For all their talent and abilities, Geno and Letang can get distracted by the extracurriculars, especially when it comes to the Flyers. That team just knows how to irritate the Penguins and force them off their normally focussed disciplines.

Both Teams plays undisciplined hockey last night... 48 PIMs combined!

Just happy The Flyers ended up on the winning side of that. It could have been a different game is Fluery was in net!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Not a single player last night played with any energy and they ALL hung Holtby out to dry so you can't pin it on just Ovie. Yes, it's the captain's job to motivate the team but you can't motivate players who don't want to be motivated. Breakdowns all around.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Hoping that:

a) The Caps play a more complete game than they did the other night, or
b) They stage a phenomenal comeback like they did the other night

Either option works for me but 'a' will cause fewer gray hairs and blood-pressure spikes.

LET'S GO CAPS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Baz

Hoping that:

a) The Caps play a more complete game than they did the other night, or
b) They stage a phenomenal comeback like they did the other night

Either option works for me but 'a' will cause fewer gray hairs and blood-pressure spikes.

LET'S GO CAPS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

That was a heck of a comeback against the Bruins. It was one of those wins that might lead you to think it may mark the turnaround point for the Caps season.

I'll wait and see though, as I had that thought earlier this season when I thought the Caps may have turned the corner, only to see that they hadn't yet.

Baz

And that what we call, blowing your load in the first period! WTF... Up 4-1 and still lose

Well, that win was certainly satisfying. Looked like the typical Pens vs. Flyers crapfest in the 1st, only to FINALLY get the blatantly obvious clue and play real hockey the final 2 periods.

Guess the key in this rivalry is to not take the early lead. At least recently.

The thing with the Pens, it seems the only major team flaw is their mental state. When they remain calm and play hockey, they're fine. When they see that Flyer logo, they lose their freaking minds. Hopefully last night finally flicked the switch on that problem.

Ahhh....who am I kidding? :lol:

:cheers: