Night Clubs

I would say clubs in southern md are:

• They have to do, its all we got

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Hell no! We need a good multi-venue club!

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Don't mess with our bars! I like to get drunk and fight

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Close them all!

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters

Aimhigh2000

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I'll take all of the responses, good, bad, or indifferent. I guess now it will be off to the realtor's office and the bank. Where ever ya dance, where ever ya get your groove on, just remember this: Life is short, dont be a dick. Have fun and play safe.

Peace.

cityboy

I don't understand somd. I heard one guy say he wants to take a shotgun to a club that didn't cater to his tastes. I mean come on, your perpetuating the Hick stereotype. Why would you do that to someone if they wanted to open up a business (something other than a Wawa or Sheetz) and contribute more tax dollars to the growing economy of Southern Maryland? That's just ignorant! Please you don't hear me saying that I'm going on down to Toot's with a shotgun. You see how stupid you sound, I was born in St. Mary's county and I got my sophistication at home from my parents who, surprise live in southern maryland. So your right I'm going to stay where I got my sophistication right down here with you. So the question that I'm asking you now is where did you get your lack of class? Your parents?:bawl:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by cityboy
I don't understand somd. I heard one guy say he wants to take a shotgun to a club that didn't cater to his tastes. I mean come on, your perpetuating the Hick stereotype. Why would you do that to someone if they wanted to open up a business (something other than a Wawa or Sheetz) and contribute more tax dollars to the growing economy of Southern Maryland? That's just ignorant! Please you don't hear me saying that I'm going on down to Toot's with a shotgun. You see how stupid you sound, I was born in St. Mary's county and I got my sophistication at home from my parents who, surprise live in southern maryland. So your right I'm going to stay where I got my sophistication right down here with you. So the question that I'm asking you now is where did you get your lack of class? Your parents?:bawl:
He didn't say that he wanted to take a shotgun to this club. He said someone would. Its all about reading comprehension.

cityboy

h

Last edited:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: h

Did your post sound so nice you had to say it twice? :wink:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re:

your perpetuating the Hick stereotype.

I was born in St. Mary's county and I got my sophistication at home from my parents who, surprise live in southern maryland.

You see how stupid you sound

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I don't understand somd. I heard one guy say he wants to take a shotgun to a club that didn't cater to his tastes. I mean come on, your perpetuating the Hick stereotype.

Good point. Despite the stereotypes, no region of the country has an exclusive market on bigotry and hostility. Too many Northeners assume that Southerns hunt gays and Jews for sport. My father thinks like that, even though my family has been here more than two decades. A few years ago, my brother and his black girlfriend (now wife) were holding hands while walking back to their car after dinner. My father groused in a low voice, "God, I wish they wouldn't do that in public. They're liable to get shot."

cityboy

Please don't quote me in fragments

Number 1 I'm not a northerner. Like I said my family has lived in Southern Maryland now for over 150 years. My family wasn't transplanted here because of the military. I'm not bigoted. That's why I want this venue to be built so everyone has someplace to go besides the typical somd dump. Like I said taking your shotgun out to a club because you don't like the musice or the venue, now that sounds like someone who has issues with hatred for others and they hate themselves. I love living down here, and I don't understand why people are scared to raise the bar a little bit. :mad:

cityboy

Sharon doesn't know what Quote means!

What you qouted me saying was not what I said. I think you drink to much Heiny. Layoff the suds you can't even quote me straight.:dance: :clap:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: Sharon doesn't know what Quote means!

What you qouted me saying was not what I said. I think you drink to much Heiny. Layoff the suds you can't even quote me straight.:dance: :clap:
Sharon wasn't quoting you for meaning :dork:. She was quoting you to show your hypocrisy at calling someone stupid when you can't even use correct grammar.

Last edited:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Sharon doesn't know what Quote means!

What I quoted was your exact words. I ordered the sentences differently...you missed the irony. :rolleyes:

You need a sign ---> :stupid:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Please don't quote me in fragments

Number 1 I'm not a northerner. Like I said my family has lived in Southern Maryland now for over 150 years. My family wasn't transplanted here because of the military. I'm not bigoted. That's why I want this venue to be built so everyone has someplace to go besides the typical somd dump. Like I said taking your shotgun out to a club because you don't like the musice or the venue, now that sounds like someone who has issues with hatred for others and they hate themselves. I love living down here, and I don't understand why people are scared to raise the bar a little bit. :mad:

Sorry for the partial quote. I was agreeing with you. I'm a former Northerner, married to a wonderful woman whose family has been been here longer than yours. You're exactly right that we too often judge people on myth and stereotype. At the risk of sounding like Dr. Phil or Joy Behar, we need to deal with other people as individuals.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
And another thing cityBOY

I've only lived in Southern MD for about 20 years or so, and I've never put the people and/or places down as much as you have in this thread.

cityboy

Me, put people down?!

I haven't put down anyone. I wasn't making fun of hicks. If you read my post earlier I said he was perpetuating the hick stereotype. I think Southern Maryland has gotten very progressive over the last 10 years. As a matter of fact I don't think people give Southern Marylanders enough credit. I wouldn't have moved back down here if I didn't felt things have changed, or at the very least improved. Anyway this will be my last post to this thread. I have seen it gone nowhere. I am with Aimhigh on this issue though. If people are willing to drive to DC to go out and have fun, and are willing to travel near Baltimore to see concerts then I think people are willing to drive to Southern Maryland to see the same events, and to party at similar clubs.

Peace!:cheers:

SOCIO

Re: Re: Top 40

Originally posted by redskinsfan1980
Club V was a club in Waldorf that didn't make it. See, you can't get too "progressive" in Southern Maryland, because I believe it is by nature a conservative area, so you've got to take what's popular and improve upon it if you want to succeed.

I have to agree...now, I'm with you Aimhigh on the lack of electronic in SMD but if a club opened that featured what you want in this neck of the woods would you really like it? Probably not. And then it would close down. So untill you get yer self out of SMD ya gott drive the 90 min to DC (which I have found to be not all that either...too pretentious and trancey for my tastes).