No transgender in the Military....

glhs837

Power with Control
Every command needs an IT.

for those not familiar with the navy, that's a person who works on computers.

Is that what you would say about a woman serving in that position? she would be too hormonal to be capable of doing her job without crying or going to therapy?

Sorry, I really don't think the hormone therapy for gender reassignment is that comparable to a womans hormonal changes due to her monthly cycle. Of course, that varies.

Correct me if I am wrong but... even if the military member wanted elective cosmetic surgery that didn't benefit the government... didn't they need to seek prior permission to do so?

Well, no, not if it didn't impact their duties. If you could get the DD upgrade and be fully healed before coming off leave, more power to you. But if your tongue cleaving rendered you incapable of communicating, that would be different.

Restitution

Well, no, not if it didn't impact their duties. If you could get the DD upgrade and be fully healed before coming off leave, more power to you. But if your tongue cleaving rendered you incapable of communicating, that would be different.

It may not have been "enforced" with vigor however, ANY non-approved surgical procedure would be deemed as destruction of government property and, as such could very well be punishable without prior approval.

This_person

If the service member has a signed approval from their chain of command to father/mother a child then YES... it is covered. Because, all of the examples you provided either need prior approval OR can happen in direct relation to performing their assigned task(s) :shrug:

Driving home from work vice taking the bus, walking, or getting a ride from someone else needs prior approval?

hotbikermama40

The people that are being targeted by this calculated political decision are idiots who believe that Trans people are somehow less than human and lack compassion for being born basically disabled, . People like that deserve to be called inbreds, idiots and much worse.

Actually...
The people being targeted by this are our country's enemies, since the goal is to focus on strengthening our military's focus and purpose in improved defense of the United States.
The people being impacted are those who will no longer be able to join the military, since the goal is to focus on strengthening our military and not in making another Chelsea Manning.
The people who are happy about this are those you feel deserve to be called in-bred, idiot and much worse.

These rules and regulations are already in place and Trans people are currently serving. The expense has been incurred already. Just as it was when they changed the laws to allow gay people and rules and regulations and support services were put in place in case of problems. The only thing that could cost additional funds at this point is the lawsuits this will inevitably create.

If we really want to save money we would make a rule like many others have suggested that you need to do extra duty to make up for the cost of reassignment surgery or pay for it out of pocket

I keep bringing up gay people because it wasnt long ago we were told that letting gays in would be the end of the world and fire and brimstone would rain upon us and none of that happened and none of that will happen with Trans people either using common sense and not allowing the few religious or bigoted lunatics to decide how we treat American military personnel that want to serve our country.
Saying it's all in place and no longer an issue does not mean that's the reality. I honestly believe that with all the turmoil in politics right this very moment this was the LAST thing the administration wanted to add to the mix at this time. Over the past few years I have spent time talking with relatives who are currently in leadership roles in the military and their opinions on how it's going trying to make it work matches the recommendations of the generals and admirals released today. A tremendous amount of time of leadership and legal is spent on political correctness now.

Remember that fiasco eliminating enlisted rank titles so that no one got their feelings hurt? That didn't work either and it was reversed. Rightly so.

PeoplesElbow

I have four different things that physically disqualified me and I didn't (and still don't) think they would have been an issue. I was definitely disappointed but understand.

hotbikermama40

Saying it's all in place and no longer an issue does not mean that's the reality. I honestly believe that with all the turmoil in politics right this very moment this was the LAST thing the administration wanted to add to the mix at this time. Over the past few years I have spent time talking with relatives who are currently in leadership roles in the military and their opinions on how it's going trying to make it work matches the recommendations of the generals and admirals released today. A tremendous amount of time of leadership and legal is spent on political correctness now.

Remember that fiasco eliminating enlisted rank titles so that no one got their feelings hurt? That didn't work either and it was reversed. Rightly so.

Oh gawd! I remember my husband talking about that! Yeah, that was not a long life, was it?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Correct me if I am wrong but... even if the military member wanted elective cosmetic surgery that didn't benefit the government... didn't they need to seek prior permission to do so?

In most cases, just a referral from a doctor.

Last edited:

Sapidus

That's where I disagree. This is meant to appease their base after months of failure on health care and constant talk of Russia.

Let's do some math.

The number of Trans people in the military according to the number I've most seen reported in the press is 2500.

Let's say 500 have reassignment surgery during their service. Let's use the very generous $50,000 for surgery leaving hormones out since that is an expense the person would pay themselves after insurance.

That equals $25 million. That's not insignificant but with a budget of $6 billion a year I hardly think the decision was a financial one. There are a lot of easier ways of saving $25 million.

That's where I disagree. This is meant to appease their base after months of failure on health care and constant talk of Russia.

Let's do some math.

The number of Trans people in the military according to the number I've most seen reported in the press is 2500.

Let's say 500 have reassignment surgery during their service. Let's use the very generous $50,000 for surgery leaving hormones out since that is an expense the person would pay themselves after insurance.

That equals $25 million. That's not insignificant but with a budget of $6 billion a year I hardly think the decision was a financial one. There are a lot of easier ways of saving $25 million.
Caitlyn Jenner is saying 15,000 in the military.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Let's do some math.

No moron...it's all about the "freaks in foxholes" aspect that is problematic. You LGBT people have a hard time understanding that.

Sapidus

Actually...
The people being targeted by this are our country's enemies, since the goal is to focus on strengthening our military's focus and purpose in improved defense of the United States.
The people being impacted are those who will no longer be able to join the military, since the goal is to focus on strengthening our military and not in making another Chelsea Manning.
The people who are happy about this are those you feel deserve to be called in-bred, idiot and much worse.

When you ban someone from something they are the target of the law. I know you like to believe you are a walking dictionary but as you have proven you don't even know the meaning of collusion so you can't be taken seriously

Sapidus

Caitlyn Jenner is saying 15,000 in the military.

Well as we all now she isthe authority on the military.

However let's assume that is true. My point still stands. Many of those people have had surgery already or will not seek surgery for one reason or another.

Even if they all did it is not going to save a significant sum compared to the $6 billion we spend annually.

I don't believe the goal of this is solely to save money. Especially not with a religious maniac like Pence in the VP position

hotbikermama40

The people that are being targeted by this calculated political decision are idiots who believe that Trans people are somehow less than human and lack compassion for being born basically disabled, . People like that deserve to be called inbreds, idiots and much worse.

When you ban someone from something they are the target of the law. I know you like to believe you are a walking dictionary but as you have proven you don't even know the meaning of collusion so you can't be taken seriously

:rolleyes:

This_person

Well as we all now she isthe authority on the military.

However let's assume that is true. My point still stands. Many of those people have had surgery already or will not seek surgery for one reason or another.

Even if they all did it is not going to save a significant sum compared to the $6 billion we spend annually.

I don't believe the goal of this is solely to save money. Especially not with a religious maniac like Pence in the VP position

Can you provide me with the documents that back up your assertion?

By the way, military personnel don't have insurance. They're fully covered by the taxpayer. Any therapy comes from the pocket of the taxpayer not the member.

Where would you berth the person who feels their sex and gender is mismatched?

Sapidus

Can you provide me with the documents that back up your assertion?

By the way, military personnel don't have insurance. They're fully covered by the taxpayer. Any therapy comes from the pocket of the taxpayer not the member.

Where would you berth the person who feels their sex and gender is mismatched?

The same place you would berth a gay person. Just like they did before the military will adjust. Making a rule like" if you ah e reassignment surgery during your duty you will be required to pay for it yourself or your duty will be lengthened to match the time you were out for to recoup the costs is a lot easier and less expensive than banning a group of people.

Is it worth $25-$50 million in savings to you to bar a group of people who did nothing wrong other then being born different and are physically and mentally capable of serving our country?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So why do you believe this decision was reversed? and why not reverse the decision to allow gays in the military?

Or how about people in wheel chairs?

It just seems like (to me) this is an arbitrary decision that serves little purpose at the moment other then to appease those who are trying to lump Trans people in as other and ( as was once done to gay people) continue to discriminate against them hoping to make the issue more of a US vs Them an capitalize on some of the outrage over bathroom bills and pander to people who dislike trans people.

Lets see... if you're a Transgender you have to take medication EVERYday.. at the very least Hormone therapy EVERY DAY.

You know.. anyone required to take medications (even as needed) are disqualified from militarybservice.

Dobyoubtjink Transgenders should get special treatment over and above diabetics, asthmatics, ADHD sufferers, allergy sufferers?

Would you consider that fair?

PsyOps

Pixelated

So, you're going to completely ignore that this was done at the behest of military commanders... you know, those military experts that you apparently know more than they do?