Office Attire

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Welcome back to the workforce. :cheers:
Flip flops are too casual for my workplace but capris are ok. Panty hose is now a fashion faux pas anywhere now.

:yay: I just recently re-entered he workforce at a larger company. (my other company was very small & I dressed pretty casual)

There is a dress code in their employee's manual, but it does not mention panty hose as a requirement. I was surprised to see both younger & older women not wearing panty hose, unless dressed for a formal meeting, etc.

There are widely different job positions where I work, so we dress accordingly. For example, those who are in contact with the public all the time dress more formal, etc.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Dang, now you tell me.
:lmao:

Capri's are the fugliest thing ever invented. :lol:

:frown:

Thanks, but I'm not back in yet. Working very hard at it though. I personally just think a skirt/dress without hose (at work) looks unprofessional and sloppy. We couldn't get away with not wearing hose before. Personally, I can't stand the thought of wearing pantyhose again, so when I do get back to work I'll stick with slacks..lol. I was just wondering, dress codes seem to be very laid back now.

I think it just depends on the company you work for. I admit, I had a hard time adjusting to NOT wearing pantyhose with a skirt, too, but when you wear slip on heels, it's dangerous to wear hose! Also - there are some GREAT spray-on products on the market now for getting a tanned/smooth look. :yay:

T

toppick08

I have a question. I've been out of office work for awhile now. When in the world did it become appropriate to wear capris, flipflops and skirts/dresses with no hose to the office? All the time, not on casual Fridays.

They usually get the raises.....so to speak.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
My office is incredibly casual. We wear jeans, shorts, and flip flops all the time.

I "dress up" but can't think of a single job outside of the food industry where I've been required to wear pantyhose. :twitch: Pantyhose was created as a torture device.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Yeah and torture it is - just like most bras ! Not to mention how much it costs to buy.

I "dress up" but can't think of a single job outside of the food industry where I've been required to wear pantyhose. :twitch: Pantyhose was created as a torture device.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I hate wearing a tie at work. I'll put it on the last minute and take it off as soon as the clock strikes 3:30p. What's wrong with nice slacks and a collared button down shirt? Ties seam to stuffy to me.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
I have a question. I've been out of office work for awhile now. When in the world did it become appropriate to wear capris, flipflops and skirts/dresses with no hose to the office? All the time, not on casual Fridays.

Our cashiers can't wear jeans but they all wear flip flops.

I just have one request ladies, if you're gonna wear the flip flops, PLEASE make sure your toes are done and you have cute feet. Remember, flip flops were not made for everyone!

Pete

Repete

Food service required panty hose? Is that like a hair net, just lower?

FED_UP

:yay: I just recently re-entered he workforce at a larger company. (my other company was very small & I dressed pretty casual)

There is a dress code in their employee's manual, but it does not mention panty hose as a requirement. I was surprised to see both younger & older women not wearing panty hose, unless dressed for a formal meeting, etc.

There are widely different job positions where I work, so we dress accordingly. For example, those who are in contact with the public all the time dress more formal, etc.

Its just all depends on what type of job your doing and what type of office it is. Most male bosses of course wont' get on female lady looking too hot at work, I wonder why? But another women will say something to her, haten LOL.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Food service required panty hose? Is that like a hair net, just lower?

Maybe. :shrug:
All your favorite Hooter's girls wear pantyhose, though they are actually more like leggings as they don't have the feet part. Not that I know these things. Also most upscale bars require pantyhose on servers and bartenders. I always thought of it more as part of the "uniform" look. :shrug: But what do I know.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Yup it happens, had it happen to me. I was about 15 years younger than the lady who complained about me (and probably 200 lbs lighter also), and she said I was distracting the men in the building by how I dressed. Back then I wore high heels and short skirts to show off my legs (yes I wore pantyhose LOL). I did NOT change the way I dressed after the complaint.

I'm sure someone will say that I shouldn't have been at work to "show off" body parts, but hey, I was in my 20's and HOT - what did I know? Not much yet by then LOL. I think they sometimes call it young and stupid LOL

Its just all depends on what type of job your doing and what type of office it is. Most male bosses of course wont' get on female lady looking too hot at work, I wonder why? But another women will say something to her, haten LOL.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I am pretty careful about how I dress at work. In general, I don't show bare legs, but I usually stay on the "young" side and wear tights instead of pantyhose. I do have two or so pairs of very nice capri's or "cropped pants" really because they are kinda long, that I wear in warm weather. They are basically slacks only shorter so I don't get why they would be innapropriate? I also always wear closed toe shoes and rarely wear jeans even on casual fridays when they are allowed.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Yup it happens, had it happen to me. I was about 15 years younger than the lady who complained about me (and probably 200 lbs lighter also), and she said I was distracting the men in the building by how I dressed. Back then I wore high heels and short skirts to show off my legs (yes I wore pantyhose LOL). I did NOT change the way I dressed after the complaint.

I'm sure someone will say that I shouldn't have been at work to "show off" body parts, but hey, I was in my 20's and HOT - what did I know? Not much yet by then LOL. I think they sometimes call it young and stupid LOL

How you doin' :really: