Oh My... I am so Livid

LordStanley

I know nothing
lovinmaryland said:
A male customer of mine called me yesterday (to discuss buisness issues) during the converstation he said that he had just bought his wife a new convertible, and earlier that day she showed up at his work and they went and had S*X in the car :shocking: (wait it gets worse) then he proceeds to say it wasn't as good if it would have been me he was having S*X with in the convertible :barf:

Can you believe the nerve of this guy! I was so :yikes: I got off the phone as quick as I could and left work for the day.(basically scared this whack job would come by)

any suggestions how to handle this?

I never in any way gave him the impression I was interested in him what so ever.

So the dude hit on you.... Maybe he was trying to swing a 3 way with you, him and his wife.

Is it just me? You have a playboy bunny AV, and you are acting all straight laced and playing the victim.:confused: :shrug:

there is more to this story

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
LordStanley said:
So the dude hit on you.... Maybe he was trying to swing a 3 way with you, him and his wife.

Is it just me? You have a playboy bunny AV, and you are acting all straight laced and playing the victim.:confused: :shrug:

Do you seriously think it's okay to act like that to a woman at her place of business? Do you seriously think because a woman is being nice because it is her job, that she really wants to have crap like that spewed at her? Do you think that she wears a playboy bunny outfit to work? WTF.

If a man is truly interested in a woman in her workplace, do yourself a favor, and hand her your business card, and suggest she call you for lunch/drinks etc. Don't put her in a position where she HAS to listen to lewd and offensive and unrequested behavior at work. Save it for the lunch/drinks.

spookthis

vraiblonde said:
Only the first time. Do outside advertising sales and you become a pro at sidestepping the come-on without offending your client.

I agree with Vraiblonde. Being a bartender for most of my adult life, I have had to sidestep this type of proposition on a nightly basis. The first time you need to make an off handed comment to the effect that this will never happen. Maybe even for the second time, depends on how strong he is coming on to you. If you believe him to be serious, you may need to let him know that are in a serious monogamous relationship and are not interested in his advances. That has always worked for me and I have actually made friends with the person later. In a weird way they respect someone else's monogamy.

I feel for ya though, it's tough to handle :huggy:

lovinmaryland

LordStanley said:

nope there is nothing more to the story.

bottom line i never came on to this guy, i don't mix buisness and pleasure. this is pleasure, me working with a client is not, so sorry if i was not expecting it when he said he wanted to have sex with me.

lovinmaryland

migtig said:
Do you seriously think it's okay to act like that to a woman at her place of business? Do you seriously think because a woman is being nice because it is her job, that she really wants to have crap like that spewed at her? Do you think that she wears a playboy bunny outfit to work? WTF.

If a man is truly interested in a woman in her workplace, do yourself a favor, and hand her your business card, and suggest she call you for lunch/drinks etc. Don't put her in a position where she HAS to listen to lewd and offensive and unrequested behavior at work. Save it for the lunch/drinks.

THANK YOU.

I work in a very professional office and was completely blind sided by his comment.

jetmonkey

lovinmaryland said:
A male customer of mine called me yesterday (to discuss buisness issues) during the converstation he said that he had just bought his wife a new convertible, and earlier that day she showed up at his work and they went and had S*X in the car :shocking: (wait it gets worse) then he proceeds to say it wasn't as good if it would have been me he was having S*X with in the convertible :barf:

Can you believe the nerve of this guy! I was so :yikes: I got off the phone as quick as I could and left work for the day.(basically scared this whack job would come by)

any suggestions how to handle this?

I never in any way gave him the impression I was interested in him what so ever.
Is this like when qurious posts something but it never really happened she just read it in another forum or heard it on the radio on the way to work that day? :confused:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
lovinmaryland said:
THANK YOU.

I work in a very professional office and was completely blind sided by his comment.

Well, since the incident is now in the past, and you didn't react to his comment when it happened, blow it off. However, make sure that you remember the incident (I'm sure you will), and should he come along with another comment in the future, just say something like "I love my hubby/bf/so and don't think he would appreciate that, and I doubt your wife would either." Even if you don't have a significant other, remind him that HE does.

That should give him the message that you are not interested in his type of "small talk".

jenbengen

Watch it
migtig said:
I feel your pain. I deal with a lot of vendors and similar things have come up a time or two. I tried going to my boss and that didn't really work, he told me to handle it. Best approach I have discovered is to be a cold biyatch when they start in, and shoot them down early, or ignore it, etc :shrug: And if they get really out of hand, I say something smart like, My SO Bubba, really wouldn't like that. Ya know he just got out of prison for putting a guy in the hospital who tried to buy me a drink. I feel so bad about that...and then change the subject. I've been blessed to have Smooth as my pimp, so i know I got back up if I ever need it. :lol:

Good luck.

:yeahthat: What a loser!

bohman

migtig said:

Gotta agree with you on this one. Workplaces are for work. You want to get some play, do it elsewhere.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
migtig said:
Oh pooh. It's just words. Not like he reached through the phone and grabbed her boob or anything.

Some of you ladies are really overreacting, IMO.

lovinmaryland

nachomama said:
Well, since the incident is now in the past, and you didn't react to his comment when it happened, blow it off. However, make sure that you remember the incident (I'm sure you will), and should he come along with another comment in the future, just say something like "I love my hubby/bf/so and don't think he would appreciate that, and I doubt your wife would either." Even if you don't have a significant other, remind him that HE does.

That should give him the message that you are not interested in his type of "small talk".

good advice, thanks :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bohman said:
Gotta agree with you on this one. Workplaces are for work. You want to get some play, do it elsewhere.
He doesn't work in her office - he's a client. If he were a co-worker, I could see her getting kirked out. Clients, you just either tease them back or say, "How rude" and move on.

Or you could say, "What's that noise I hear? Oh! I think it's the sound of my rates going up!" :lol:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
vraiblonde said:
Or you could say, "What's that noise I hear? Oh! I think it's the sound of my rates going up!" :lol:

Good one, Vrai!!! Unless she's the one utilizing his services, for lack of a better term...:jet:

bohman

vraiblonde said:
He doesn't work in her office - he's a client. If he were a co-worker, I could see her getting kirked out. Clients, you just either tease them back or say, "How rude" and move on.

You are somewhat correct- I don't think that she needs to call the cops or enroll in the witness protection program because he might show up. However, it was still wrong of the guy to put her in a position where those thoughts would even occur to her.

Also, it sounds like she isn't in a position to defend herself with comments like the one you suggested, but that's her employer's fault for not trusting her to assert herself when a customer behaves badly. I've never had a sexual harassment problem, but I've dealt with a lot of rude people, and thank god that my employers always gave me the go-ahead to give a customer the boot if they can't manage to act like a decent human being. We don't need money bad enough to put up with scum.

ShyGirl

Next time, tell him to stop talking and to slowly back away from your work area.

It worked for me! :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bohman said:
However, it was still wrong of the guy
Oh sure - he was definitely crass and rude.

I guess it's because I've worked with customers in service jobs my whole life - from waitressing to sales to tending bar. You get used to the idiots and they don't faze you after awhile.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
vraiblonde said:

I guess it's because I've worked with customers in service jobs my whole life - from waitressing to sales to tending bar. You get used to the idiots and they don't faze you after awhile.
If I am bartending, I totally expect "inappropriate behavior" from both males and females. It goes with the course of the job. But when I work in "conservative" politically correct environment in my business attire, it is not expected nor is it appreciated. It puts me in an uncomfortable situation. One I shouldn't have to be in.

bohman

vraiblonde said:

That's why I no longer work any sort of service job - my tolerance level for #######s just never went up. The only exceptions were days when I felt like smiling real big and agreeing with irate people, because sometimes that seems to piss them off even worse. Get them completely wrapped around the axle!