Oh Nickel....

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
The reason I'm leaning so heavily towards that David's dress is because it's available without a train. No train. If at all possible I want to avoid one! No train, no veil, Ick, ick, ick! :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
Did you see that I'm every bit of a size 8.
You are not a size 8. I am a size 8 and you're a lot littler than me. The dresses must just run small.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
The reason I'm leaning so heavily towards that David's dress is because it's available without a train. No train. If at all possible I want to avoid one! No train, no veil, Ick, ick, ick! :lmao:
I have a funny veil story. :lol: My best friend did not want a veil, but her mother made her get one. So she bought it, but didn't want to wear it. Literally, minutes before the wedding, she was trying to decide whether or not to wear it. I told her that if she didn't want to wear it, that she shouldn't. Her mom guilted her into it, so she did. Not three steps down the aisle, one of the rhinestones on the veil snagged the carpet and ripped it off the back of her head. :killingme

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
What size were you?
I don't remember, let me go check my dress. I'm pretty sure I was a 4. Are you sure they measured you correctly? I know they wanted to put me in an 8, but I made them remeasure and paid attention.

morganj614

Those pick up skirts look like balloon curtains and a good place to catch dropped food

These are pick up skirts

Attachments

• red%20mini%20skirt%20one.jpg
    red%20mini%20skirt%20one.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 75
  • vinyl-ruffled-mini-skirt.jpg
    vinyl-ruffled-mini-skirt.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 73
  • prod_263_1.jpg
    prod_263_1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 68

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
pixiegirl said:
Did you see that I'm every bit of a size 8. :faint:

The pick-up skirts are good for hiding hips and butt. One of my girls is a big girls so let's keep this in mind when picking out sleek dresses...

Bridal dresses run small, or at least they did when I was in the business. Also, don't worry about color - that bit of etiquette seems to have gone out the window. Most of the brides I worked with that were doing second marriages went with rich cream (in candlelight it gave off a golden glow). The manufacturers kept pushing pink but we also carried some lovely blues and yellows.

Is your non-petite bridesmaid curvy or more of an H-shape? That helps in looking at bridesmaid fashions. One of the prettiest weddings we did had the bride in ivory and gold, and the bridesmaids in beautiful black strapless a-line gowns. They girls were a variety of ages (20-45) and sizes (8-18) but they looked fabulous - and were able to use the dresses for other events.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
The pick-up skirts are good for hiding hips and butt. One of my girls is a big girls so let's keep this in mind when picking out sleek dresses...
That's her problem. You're not supposed to look better than the bride - that's the #1 rule. The bigger she looks, the more dainty and delicate you will look next to her in the pictures.

And I don't think it's nice of you to talk about Chasey like she won't read this. :smack:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
You are not a size 8. I am a size 8 and you're a lot littler than me. The dresses must just run small.

They run very small but I was not prepared for them to run that small. They have to fit the biggest part of your body because it's a PITA to take them out but can easily be taken in. Sooooo, without it being said we know what the biggest part of my body for the wedding dress to properly fit is..... Yes, every bit of a size 8. Trust me I argued with her when she said it. I didn't believe it until I tried one on and it fit. :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Nickel said:
I don't remember, let me go check my dress. I'm pretty sure I was a 4. Are you sure they measured you correctly? I know they wanted to put me in an 8, but I made them remeasure and paid attention.
You know what though, your boobs are way bigger than mine. For a one piece dress, they fit the largest part of your body, and take the rest in. Makes sense now. :yay:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:

Yes honey, they measure right. My "girls" had to fit in. :jameo: :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
They have to fit the biggest part of your body
Okay, I forgot about the ta-tas.

You should go with a tight fitted bodice and a pencil skirt - you'll look mega stacked :yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
Okay, I forgot about the ta-tas.

You should go with a tight fitted bodice and a pencil skirt - you'll look mega stacked :yay:

That's where I was trying to lead her, but she ain't bitin'.